1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf4 endings

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

please someone tell me, are there actuall endings in vf4 with movies?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

in the arcades NO there is not

'Hah whats next attack of the drunken cats' Wong Fei Hong from Drunken Master

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

For me this falls in the same category as the STORY .
    Who cares about a story or individual CG rendered endings .
    You want a crap story and individual endings and as much distractions as possible from the core gameplay go play anny of the home tekken s .
    Personnaly I have never cared about the fact that the VFs come with few iff anny distractions ( if you want to bowl and see CG go play tekken ) , for me VF has always been a game that screamed IM A GAME PLAY ME FOR WHAT I AM NOT FOR DISTRACTING CRAP AS YOU DO WITH OTHER GAMES .

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Having CG (etc.) might not influence the hardcore VFers, but AM2 is obviously trying to appeal to people who haven't been playing VF for years and years. Having stuff like ending videos would definitely attract more people so they could stay for the gameplay.

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

We are in agreement .
    It is a sad state of affairs tough when people prefer non interactive shit or stupid and pointles mini games over good quality gameplay .

6. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. It seperates real game players, from the rest..

<font color=yellow>Once a champion.....Always a champion</font color=yellow>

[​IMG]

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Bollocks. I play games because they're good but, I also play beacuse of the storyline. King of Fighters is a classic example, It has loads of depth and is considered "Hardcore" yet, through out it's existence it has had a cracking storyline. The battle between Iori Yagami and Kyo Kusanagi is a great tale and adds lashings of value to the series.

Virtua Fighters story, while good in it's conception is seriously under developed. But that's fine, a really good game doesn't need bios if the caliber of it's gameplay is so high. I remember having arguements with mates back in school about who was stronger Ryu or Ken long before Turbo came out and there was an actuall difference. I could go on for ages about why and how I would like the storylines of games to develop but, I can also chat on the number of combo choices Sarah Bryant has if you MC Jeffery with a Knee with a wall behind him in VF4.

It's perfectly fine to enjoy Bios, endings and other sorts of "Fan service" and still appreciate a good solid game like Virtua Fighter. Them and us.... Please....

Adio.

8. Drunken_Master

dont be a smart ass Almaci. Even though ending are not the most inportant thing in the world they would be a nice thing to have in the home version of VF

9. Drunken_Master

well great seperate the real players from the scrubs and in a few years time people will be moaning about no one plays VF. I think sadly you need to win the scrubs over nows these days for a fighting game to do well in the west

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Umm you dont realy read my posts now do you .
    I agree with you .

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I think we can have endings - its just fucking professional.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

12. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Too bad I don't know the KoF storyline all that well aside from a few details so I can't comment on it.

However, regarding Tekken... Has anyone read the plots for the characters in T4? As far as I'm concerned, they're either bland or just "interesting, but without substance." In fact, I don't think the whole Tekken storyline is that good, maybe interesting, but I wouldn't even say it's good.

I've said before that Bryan Fury is a ripoff of Rutger Haur, more specifically, his role in Blade Runner. Reading his T4 storyline, he's a total ripoff of that character.... In T4, he's after his creator for abandoning him and he's struggling to prolong his life which will come to an end soon.

This is only a sample of the uninspired and bland story that is Tekken... at least that's how I see it. I won't rip on Tekken's gameplay, heck, I enjoy the game. But it's storyline is something that VF is often compared to and to be honest, I don't see much in Tekken's storyline to make it compare to anything.... But of course I'll admit VF's storyline is pure cheez, but it's obvious they weren't putting effort into it. As for CG endings in Tekken, 30seconds-1 minute of a simple event that says some things, but most of them have very little to do with the storyline or resolution--or at least they go on to show that there isn't much to say about the storyline. Aside from maybe 4 or 5 endings of course.

In addition, as much as I'm enjoying playing Steve, about his storyline... Watch Pulp Fiction or Snatch as recently popular works in which you can basically see a similar storyline (heck, I can also include Van Damme's role in "Legionnaire"). And concerning Law's T4 storyline, this is all I have to say: VF3 LAU! And those aren't the only examples of that plotline.

Anyways.... if you want CG movies because they're pretty or gorgeous.... COOL. But saying it's all about the story or making it seem like the storyline makes the fighter is weird IF you use Tekken as an example. If you have an attachment to how characters are developed (background, look, etc...), I think that's something actually different from storyline. That would be an element of a storyline, "character design."

-Chanchai

<end of rant>

13. Jacky_X

Jacky_X Member

I would enjoy CG endings.

14. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

You can enjoy bios as much as you want but I reckon cmos has much more substance.

<font color=red>The bigger I am....The harder they fall.</font color=red>

[​IMG]

15. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Forgive me but what is "cmos"?

Adio.