1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evo or Final Tuned in HD?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Catch22, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

You know, if Sega is not gonna give us VF6, I'd be elated with VF4 Evo or Final Tuned in HD... all characters and stages models remade and an option to play in "regular model mode." Or just give us the arcade games uprezed in at least 1080 like Daytona and such. Maybe put in some easter eggs...

Am I in the minority? Who else would want this?

2. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

I think we all would love the VF franchise to get some kind of good collection or ports to current gen and PC.

There's still no home version of VF3 that's as good as arcade for example, nor is there one for VF1. Even VF4's PS2 port isn't perfect.

I'd really love a collection or a series of arcade perfect ports/emulations to be made available with online play.

Catch22 likes this.
  3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

4. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Would be cool and I'd throw money at them if they ported any of it to PC (faster if it hat net play). But Sega is a conservative company operating in our shit economic system. The only feasible option, and a good one at the would be VF6 that was dumbed-down (reduced stances, shorter movelists, no OM/ST, no footing in combos, shorter combo length, no weight-classes, etc.), made free to play, but customization items are paid for (or slowly earned) akin to Fortnite. If marketed well it could be a great idea, but Sega is too busy making Pachinko and mobile games.

5. MadeManG74

You can't really say that anymore. In the last year Sega has released Sonic Mania, a new House of the Dead, a new Daytona USA, a new Valkyria Chronicles, a new Virtual On... they aren't exactly the pachinko and mobile company.

6. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Check that list of games again. Aside from my hyperbolic statement, that list is a sign of corporate complacency: they're playing it safe with titles they're confident will rake in the Yenjamins.

7. MadeManG74

Valk 4 is a bit of a gamble, considering the last game was a spinoff (and bombed I believe) and the previous two were only on PSP and one was Japan exclusive.

As for HotD and VO, when was the last time they had a game release?

Not to mention, VF I'm pretty sure makes more money than any of those titles, with the exception of Daytona. If those can come back, VF has a very good chance.

8. Catch22

The PS3/360 port of VF2 is pretty good. I have the PS2 version, and besides the resolution, I'm not sure there is a difference. Haven't played them extensively. But the PS3 and 360 version (I have both) are graphically pretty good. I can't actaully compare them to the arcade version, but I don't have a complaint.

9. Catch22

Screw the US market. Just make it downloadable at least. No physical copy to sell, and money saved there. I feel the JP market can carry the title to a profit. We all know what game ruled the roost there as far as fighting games back in the day.

10. MadeManG74

Yep, I think that's a great port, which is why I left it off that list. I'd love to see the rest of the games get the same treatment, but PLEASE release them on PC for future compatibility!

I'd be fine with downloadable title, it worked for Final Showdown well! That game beat expectations within a week or something.

11. RayBlade

RayBlade Well-Known Member

Just buy a Sega Naomi 2 and get the Ft disc, catch.

12. Catch22

Yeah, the Naomi / Naomi 2 would be expensive though. And still not in HD. I was playing some VF2 on PS3 and Xbox 360, and damn 1080p/and high res textures makes a nice difference.

Sega could make some nice money just doing straight HD arcade ports. Model 2, model 3 stuff....

MadeManG74 likes this.
  13. RayBlade

Says the guy with 50 sticks :p

14. Catch22

Dude, that was an ACCUMULATION OVER A SPAN OF LIKE 10 YEARS!!! LIKE I SAID, NOT A COLLECTION, MORE OF AN ACCUMULATION. LOL.

Naomi 2 would probably be around $500?

Circumstances though, has got the best of me. I can't spend and throw money willy nilly nowadays. I wish it was like before where half the paycheck could go to whatever interested me at the time. :(

RayBlade likes this.
  15. RayBlade

Looking closer to $700-$800, but you can get a NetBoot naomi2 and play all the games.

I forgot to mention that I have 4 cabinets, with 2 full Sega Naomi setups. I’m gonna try and make one of them a portable version.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Pai~Chun and Catch22 like this.
  16. Catch22

I'm not even gonna ask how you got the cabs on the islands.

17. RayBlade

2 of them were originally from Brian’s, 1 was given to me, and the last one costed only $150.

2 dynamo cabinets, a Namco Cyberlead, and a Super Neo 29 type 2.

Dynamo with Dead or alive 2 shown ~ A40F1BF7-24A4-4287-A666-0E815A81CFF0.jpeg

18. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Final Tuned, because I never played it.

RayBlade likes this.
  19. Catch22

:eek::eek::eek: