1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evo TACTICS ADVICE for all characters

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by LM_Akira, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

You have to pick your character. There are some attacks that can't be blocked or that stagger a blocking character. Akira and Wolf have good examples of this.

2. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

I know... Well my main character is Jacky.

Gorbag

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    [ QUOTE ]
    LM_Akira said:

4.[G](press and hold)[8]/[2][P](DEF)>[2][P]>[3][K](DEF)

4.Mid starts with evading motion.On mC and MC causes gut collapse.Make sure [2][P] is timed to refloat and use [3_][K] for the kick so as not to get her light down attack out.The change from [2][P] to [3_] must be done smoothly and quickly to allow the kick to connect properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for posting in such an old thread (it is sticky but...), but I am unable to to this combo as 3K always (no matter how I delay the 2p or 3k) comes out as a light-downed attack. I have a much easier time pulling off Akira's knee or DLC but I can't get a simple combo!?!:D

Any advice? (other than quitting VF, or suicide)

-----
    Response to below:

Cool, now Vanessa's 2p is rocking a ponytail. Thanks a bunch.

4. Warm

Warm Member

Hold [3_] from the moment [2][P] hits - if that's still not early enough then hold it from the moment you input the [2]{P}

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The 'trick' here is to go straight from [2] to [3] and hold it there at [3_] when you press [K]. That is, do not go to neutral before the [3] otherwise you'll get the down attack.

6. NinjaCW

NinjaCW Well-Known Member

OMG i thought I was kill myself from this myself lmao. Sorry for posting in such old thread myself