VF4 Evolution Aoi Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Okay. Not too much new on Aoi, besides what I've already posted, and the fact that I'm doing better w/ her than anyone else. I did figure out a new move. To recap the others:

/versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif. Very similar to /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif but takes longer, and has more distance. /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif afterwards is the attack of choice.

/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif. I only did this once, and didn't connect w/ it. Alas, it's there.
    /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif. Very nice mid-combo w/ some distance. She also finishes in her normal stance, and has decent recovery time. Get used to using this one folks.

ITEMS: I've only seen two old ones -- her white Hachimaki (bandana) and the short haircut. Wish more people would use her.

2. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Cool, cant wait to play with a slightly beefed up Aoi .

3. GaijinPunch

One other point. A friend of mine said that he was able to escape her /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif arm-joint break thing. (You know, when the enemy is down). He inputted the same command, and got out of it. Hmmm...

4. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Now that is scary... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    If it is really possible to do this then her /versus/images/commands/D.gif/versus/images/commands/F.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/g.gif is now useless...
    Unless she has new options to cover this...

5. GaijinPunch

Too true, too true. There could of course be times that they can't escape it. Like after being hit on the wall. I'll try to play around w/ it soon.

6. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

test out her ground attack reversal, face up /versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif
    I hope it executes faster

7. GaijinPunch

Didn't test this --- I get whacked w/ it in the old version, and don't like waiting in the long line. I did terrible today anyway.

8. GaijinPunch

One other thing -- I saw a few more items.
    1: A bow in her hair.
    2: A sunflower attacked to her hakama (top part -- like where badge would go)
    3: SOmething else w/ two ribons attached to her belt.

Kewl stuff, although a bit too colorful for me.

9. GaijinPunch

And yet ANOTHER thing I forgot. Two new throws, though I don't know the commands.

One looks almost exactly like Kage & Pai's /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif -- wouldn't be surprised if it was the same command. The other one, she grabs her opponent by both arms, and throws her over her to the other side (perhaps a good ring-out throw). Intuition tells me the command is /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif, but who knows.

10. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

A new throw? Cool!!!!!!!! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    Did you see the damage?
    Is it around 50 pts or more toward 60pts?

11. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Anyway, her new items seem cool!
    I want to see them!!!! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

12. GaijinPunch

Unfortunately, somewhere around 50. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif I like the new items, but I hope they don't give her too much girly stuff. The Japanese items I quite liked.

Do note -- there are no color variations in the beta test. Not sure if they'll be the same or not.

13. Jakekun

If they did in fact make her ground throw /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif escapeable, then I imagine they would add another throw to mix it up.

14. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Got any idea what attacks she can reverse now ?
    Can she reverse shoulder ram ? double palm ? /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    I know that she can reverse Akira's /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif, /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/db.gif/versus/images/commands/b.gif+/versus/images/commands/p.gif and /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif

15. GaijinPunch

Despite The Guerilla being there, and another guy who is very good, I never got to see her reverse anything double-palm. Only in the video.

I doubt she can reverse shoulders, but who knows. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. GaijinPunch

Couple of Aoi noticings today. When your oppponent is down /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif can definitely be escaped. Not sure who has the edge when he rises. However, if you get it in there, it does a bit more damage. Not sure if there's more than one way to pull it off -- to not ensure it being escaped.

Also, in addition to the other three moves, it looks like she has an open-palmed upper cut looking move. Floats on counter from what I could tell. I only saw one person do it.

17. GaijinPunch

There's another beta test going on right now in Tokyo at the following locations:
    Ikebukuro Gigo, Shinjuku Sportsland, and Shibuya Sega High Tech Land.

The one really good Aoi I was mentioning before was there. According to him, some things have changed from the last beta test to this one.

The two things I noticed this time are:
    Aoi now has a high round house. The command is /versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif. I don't know if this was in there last time or not -- I don't think so.
    The 2nd change I noticed, and can't believe I missed it before, is that her /versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif is gone!!! OUCH! Damn, that sucks.

Different colored outfits were there as well, but they seem to be the same as Ver. C.

18. Jakekun

yay! her /versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif was too slow anyway. She needed another crescent attack. Has anybody seen her reverse something like Wolf's dropkick?

19. GaijinPunch

I think that's reversable in Ver. C as well, isn't it?

Her /versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif might've been slow, but it was strong, and quite useful. Not sure how I feel about this. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

So what is there instead of the /versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif?
    Only the first /versus/images/commands/k.gif animation?
    Damn I am going to miss this move, I really liked it a lot /versus/images/icons/confused.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif