1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Aoi Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yeup, just the [K].
    The [K]+[G] crescent is rather slow -- only good for when people are trying to dodge.

Also, one of her new throws, [3][3][P]+[G] I believe guarantees a [3][P]+[G], although that's now escapable.

Also seems she has some more small moves to hit people on the way down, which make them stay down longer, meaning down attacks are easier to get in.

2. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

So the idea would be to use [3_][P],[8_][P] and [8_][K][G] when the opponent is on the floor and only from time to time [3_][P][G] when he doesn't really expect it?
    I wonder if [2_][6_][P][G] still does only 40 pts of damage...

3. GaijinPunch

The damage for the throws seemed to be relatively the same. I actually played against one of the best Aoi's I've seen (Tatsujin on Ver. C) w/ Lei Fei, and wound up beating him. Very nice guy -- he's taught me a LOT about Aoi, just being nice. He tried to do a [3][P]+[G] on me after [2_][6][P]+[G] and I escaped it. I asked him about it later, and he said there are ones that can be escaped, as well as ones that can't, although he wasn't so sure himself.

4. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

I meant, have you seen her reverse anything she couldn't previously reverse. We know about double hand attacks already, but what about things like shun's donkey kick or Pai's [9][K]...things like that. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. GaijinPunch

Well, we only know what we saw in the video -- not what's been officially announced. Considering there are changes from last beta test to this one, I wouldn't hold my breath on any of it.

Not many people trying reversals w/ Aoi, as there's a line to play, and only three rounds with 30 seconds. I'll try to check though.

Not sure bout the ole' donkey dick, but will try to investigate.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Not sure bout the ole' donkey dick, but will try to investigate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[moron mode]Was that a typo?! Are people still sucking Shun's donkey... kick? [/moron mode]

-Chanchai

7. GaijinPunch

Doh! More bad news for Aoi.... but some good news.

I played her in Single-player mode yesterday, before creaming myself on my bicycle, so no Evo (or arcades) for a few days. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Anyways, here's what I've noticed:
    [4][P]+[G] is *GONE* -- nothing changed -- there's nothing there!
    Ouch! I would hope they'd make it up with a throw that has to be escaped with [2] but it doesn't look like it. That will hurt Aoi's throwing game.

[4][P] is a different attack. If you read towards the top of the thread, I mention something about a new 'chop' looking move. This is it. I don't know if it Sabaki's or not. It looks to be like it's half-circular. Not sure though.

[3][3][P]+[G] - new throw. Looks like Kage's [4][6][P]+[G] a bit. If you hurry, you can get [3][P]+[G] in, but it's not guarantted.

There's one more new throw, but I couldn't figure it out. I throws the opponent behind you, so maybe [1][1][P]+[G].

Old stuff I've posted, but am a bit more sure of now:

[4][3][P][K] - crumbles on counter. The thing is, the crumble at the hit look VERY similar... IE, I've hit a few times, thought I've crumbled, went for [6][K][K] and got abused. Overall, it's slower than [4][3][P] but has a bit of distance.

[2][3][6][P]+[K] - Sabaki. Similar to the above move, but even more distance. Crumbles on counter.

There's one more move (like an uppercut) that I just can't figure out. I've seen someone use it a couple of times, but I for the life of me couldn't do it to save my life.

8. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

I'm not worried. Aoi is still the best character and besides, her game is counters. With the addition of more counters, they had to cut some stuff for balance. Ya know? /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

9. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Having lost the [4][P][G] is a bad thing for Aoi /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    I use a lot of throws when I play her...
    But anyway the this direction is not lost sice she still has her [8][6][2][4][P][G] right?
    Guess I'll have to learn to do a 270 throw as fast as a one direction throw /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. GaijinPunch

That's a good question. As far as I know, she still has all of her 270's.

[8][6][2][4][P]+[G]
    [8][4][2][6][P]+[G]
    [2][6][8][4][P]+[G]
    [2][4][8][6][P]+[G]

However, I've just thought of something... Is the escape the same for
    [2][6][8][4][P]+[G] & [8][6][2][4][P]+[G] in Ver. C?

11. GaijinPunch

Well, I guess they would be since the both end with [4].
    DUH! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

yes ^_^
    Anyway she still seems to have all of her directions which is good ^_^
    too bad she doesn't have a new direction... I know, I 'm asking for too much... /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif
    but [2][P][G] could have been nice /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

13. GaijinPunch

I did half decent w/ my Aoi. I beat some pretty well-ranked opponents today. (A 3-dan Lau and a 2-dan Lei Fei). Which bumped me up to 6-kyu. My record is still like 16-18 I think.

The only thing I saw today were some items. One was the Yellow Kabuki Star -- obviously not a rare item anymore. And the other was something that was either a small drum on a stick, or a brush with a long handle, that you might clean a bath with -- I think it's a drum though. Hangs on her back like the fan.

14. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

My friend who was 10th dan in ver C has just spoken to me and he says Aoi got weaker in Evo

1/ b,d/f +p (doesn't juggle or luanch even on a counter hit) - he thinks throw is still guaranteed if they guar but he isn't 100% sure

2/ ground throw has 2 choices d p+g or d/f p+g and the damage is now 30 but they can be double escaped possibly.

b,d/f +p (counter) --> b,d/f +p seems to be uninteruptable

new throw 3,3 p+g I guess this is d/f,d/f p+g ???

15. GaijinPunch

Let me try to make some sense out of this:

[3][3][P]+[G] is her new throw. Looks like Kage's [4][6][P]+[G]. Down throw isn't guaranteed, but can be put in pretty easy, and yes, it can be escaped. I didn't know there was an extra ground throw though -- not many people seem to know they're escapable yet. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

[4][3][P] hasn't changed to my knowledge, but I don't use it that much, as it usually gets me thrown. Even if it DOESN'T crumble (or whatever) [4][3][P]+[K] does. A bit slower, but has better range, so it's good to use, not only after G-cancelling her elbow.

[K]+[G] - high circular attack. Range not as good as Lion's, but a bit better than Vanessas.

[2][3][6][P]+[K] - mid Sabki
    [6][6][P]+[K][P] - mid/high. VERY Good range. This is the ideal attack to use if someone tries a rising attack and wiffs -- it'll hit everytime. Better range than [6][P] or [6][P]+[K].

She can now reverse everything except for headbutts and a few other attacks. Reversalbes include backs, shoulders, and double-fisted moves.

How many matches has your friend played? I'd say not enough.

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    She can now reverse everything except for headbutts and a few other attacks. Reversalbes include backs, shoulders, and double-fisted moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

But can she reverse two legged attacks like Sarah's [8][K]/[9][K]?

17. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

What are the properties of the [2][3][6][P][K] sabaki?
    Does it float or crumble in counter?
    Give frame advantage?
    Or just plainly does damage?

18. GaijinPunch

That's not a doulbe-legged attack .. at least not both at the same time, which is what she can't reverse now, except maybe Wolf's.

gryn: it crumbles on counter (like Lei Fei's w/o doing as much damage of course). Distance isn't so hot, but better than nothing.

Yamato: The feeling is that Aoi's stronger in Evolution. You're right though - [4][3][P] only staggers now, but I'm glad they gave her a move that's different instead of changing the property and leaving it.

I was able to beat Mukky Akira twice today in Evo, so i'm pretty confident in the new Aoi.

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

if I'm remembering right, the u/f+K is just a sidekick reversal, at least it was vs. akira.

Dunno about the reversibility of u+K.

20. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

b,d/f+p only staggers!? I know I'm a scrub, playing with scrubby competition, but pretty much my entire Aoi game is based around that move. Boohoohoo. I hope the b,d/f+p+k is only a frame or so slower, because I'd personally take speed over range anyday.

Anyway, is the b,d/f+p stagger recoverable? Is anything guaranteed afterwards?

Thx again for the info.