1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Aoi Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it is like a mini counter hit d/f+k but I may be wrong.(re b,d/f+p)

Thanks GP, I'm glad to hear that Aoi seems a bit stonger in EVO maybe comparable to at least ver B Aoi
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

If [4][3][P] staggers, you should still be able to put a [6][P]+[K][P]

I really wish she had a slap move like Jeff's [6][4][P]

3. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

No I don't think u understood........the stagger is very weak so nothing is guaranteed not even p(jab)

4. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. I wonder what's the difference between that and just a low jab now?

Her new [6][6][P]+[K][P], is that just an add on to her elbow or is it a new move all together?

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[6][6][P]+[K][P] is technically a new move, but I guess you could see it as an addon to the elbow. I always confuse [6][6][P] & [6][6][P]+[K] in Ver. C, as I don't use them that much. Either way, it's got very nice range, although the 2nd hit being high is no fun.

Re: [4][3][P]
    Don't hold me to this, but it looks like it staggers on counter, and normal hit when not blocked. One guy tried it on me a few times and I never crumbled. I don't know if anything is guaranteed afterwards, but it looks like she'll have a slight advantage.

I think it will take a bit to get used to [4][3][P]+[K] as it is a bit slower (no where near as sloow as [4][6][P]+[K], but perhaps a low punch could interrupt it. It does seem very effective though, so have hope.

6. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Nope, [8][K]/[9][K] has never been reversible before so I'm keen to know if that's changed in Evo since Aoi can now deal with double fisted attacks.

GaijinPunch, it is a double legged attack. It's the only move besides her charge attack that's safe to use against a keen Aoi, if it can be reversed in EVO then it will be a massive blow to my game. Besides, it's so high risk, if it wasn't such a good floater and low attack counter [8][K]+[G]/[6][K]+[G] would make it redundant.

7. GaijinPunch

Sorry, I must be dyslexik. I was thinking of her [7][K] (looking backwards) - the one that looks quite identical to Jacky's & Kage's. What does this kick look like -- Oh, wait. I got you -- the cartwheel thing. Yeah, you're right. It wasn't, and I don't know if it is or not. It's throw counterable, so I don't think it would be too damaging to your game if it's reversable or not, as that's quite a popular move against rising opponents for Sarah.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

oops, sorry, I was asleep when I posted that. I was thinking of the VF2 u+K and u/f+K, which are now.... what, u+K+G and u/f+K+G I guess.
    The hoppy spinny kick that eats up low punches.
    You can tell sarah's on my botton three characters for usage.

9. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Well at least [2][3][6][P][K] crumbles so that's good!
    I am going to like this move /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    Even though it does less damage than Lei Fei's.
    Anyway, too bad the second hit of [6][6][P][K][P] hits high, oh well I'll have to see it.

10. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

b,d/f+p is 13 frames ,20 damage and a low jab is 12 frames, 9 damage

also low jab is safe if guarded , b,d/f+p isn't as GP says u'd be much better off not using b,d/f+p in Evo

11. GaijinPunch

A buddy that works in a game center said I could video when Evo comes out. I just got the VGA->Video converter... so hopefully that'll happen soon!

12. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!
    That's really cool!!! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    We'll be able to finally watch some decent EVO action!
    Gambatte GP!!!
    (BTW how do you post hiragana? The IME didn't seem to work...)

13. GaijinPunch

If the IME doesn't work, then the problem is on your machine. If you can't read Yamato's sig, then you need to set encoding in your browser. View->Encoding->Japnaese (Auto-detect) should get the job done -- if not, then try Shift-JIS.

I'll do my best on the vids. Not high-level, but 10x better than that shit on IGN.

14. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Watching decent videos will allow us to see the new animations /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    Anyway the encoding works just fine since I can see Yamato's signature.
    But when I post in hiragana, it gives a string of numbers and symbols in the preview page like this:
    がむばって外人パンチ!

15. GaijinPunch

Yes.... as they are beautiful.

I PM'ed you about the hiragana thing. Test it out there. It might just be in the preview window.

16. GaijinPunch

Okay. Now that Evo is officially out, and you can play in places where you won't get your ass handed to you on a plate, I got to experiment a little bit during my 9-0 streak today.

New Throws:
    [3][3][P]+[G] - against the CPU, you'll get the down throw in, but if someone techrolls, it won't happen.
    The other one in the video we saw that I couldn't figure out:
    [2_][4][P]+[G]. I'm not sure if [3][3][4][P]+[G] will work. Nice throw, and does some good damage, so Aoi still has a great throw-guessing game.

[4][3][P] vs. [4][3][P]+[K]
    Well, [4][3][P] doesn't do much anymore, although I think it does a minor stagger on counter. [4][3][P]+[K] has all the features that the previous did, except that it takes a little longer. It also seems that the new move gives Aoi more of an edge when it hits, but doesn't crumble, as if you didn't crumble with [4][3][P] on Ver. C -- it meant trouble.

Developing...

17. GaijinPunch

Gents -- Aoi's new reversals are beautiful! The double-palmed stuff is what you saw in the video. She grabs both hands, and throws the opponent over them. I successfuly reversed Akira's double-palm, and both of Lei Fei's -- they're not that hard to anticipate either. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

The shoulder reversals is definitely the kewlest. She grabs the opponent, holds them (like in her lap or something) and gives a swift chop to the neck!

18. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Wow I am going to have fun with her reversals /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    Anyway her [2_][4][P][G] should be available from a crouch dash...
    that gives her more options from crouch dash, meaning for fun for us Aoi players /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    I believe her [4][3][P] is not used a lot anymore, correct?

19. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

What's the command for reversing the double fisted strikes, shoulders, and backs??? If it's d/b+P+K then Akira is screwed!

20. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Yeah, screw Akira! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Btw, is that Shun f+p,p... thing a Back or a Butt? That is, can Aoi reverse it?

I really don't like the whole b,d/f+p change, but it sounds like Aoi got a good deal in exchange. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif