1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Aoi Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Yep that sure is good, I'm sure I have a chance of becoming Haou with Aoi this time:)

I'll have to keep up to date with this thread and form a battle plan........

GP - I'm sure you can do it too, 8th dan is really good for an Aoi player on ver C

I'm out of practice a bit, only 2-3 decent players in London nowadays:(

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Hehe. I'm not sure if you have to win 10 in a row against 10-dan players to get to Ha-oh this time or not. To 2-dan only requires to wins, and 3-dan, 4-dan, & 5-dan only requires 3 wins. Apparantly it's 5 wins after that, but nobody's got to Ha-oh yet. Chibita's is 9-dan as far as I know.

3. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

That's a very good thing!
    I am going to enjoy playing Aoi /versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    With all the posts I read, she seems to finally be on par with the other characters!

4. GaijinPunch

Most of them. Jacky has some unbelievably strong combos, that only require you to be ducking. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Lau as well, has gotten a bit tricky. She's amazingly good against Lei Fei.

5. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

BTW, I was looking at the videos. Her moves seem to be more focused, intense. That's really nice to watch. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Is her [2_][4][P][G] used often? I hope to see this throw.

I also hope she won't be downgraded in version B of EVO... I want to play a strong Aoi /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

Well.......I hope it is quite difficult to become Haou.

Otherwise there will be 100's or 1000's of Haou players and the rank will become a bit less respectable

Anyway regarding Aoi does[K]+[G] knock the opponant over?

7. GaijinPunch

[2_][4][P]+[G] is used quite a bit, but lately, everybody's been ducking on me after a low punch, so I don't always get it in.

I'm assuming getting passed 10-dan will be no easy feat, but considering there are so many ranks, and the average player never got past 5-dan on Ver. C, I'm hoping they make the jump to Ha-oh a bit easier this time. Not even Chibita got Emporer last time.

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

9. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

does anyone know if [K]+[G] knocks the opponant over?

GP- I'm sure Chibita could have made Emperor rank if he had more time. After all the game was only out for about a year

10. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    GP: Is it true that her [6],[6][P]+[G] is gone? Be a shame if it was, i really liked that move /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

11. GaijinPunch

I know the answer to both questions.
    [K]+[G] does not knock the opponent over. Isn't very quick, and is high, so it's used that much.

[6][6][P]+[G] also seems to be gone. I didn't use it a whole lot, so it took me a while to notice.

12. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif Actually it looks like she may still have the throw but the command may be different. [4],[6][P]+[G] in Evo has the same name as [6],[6][P]+[G] in ver C, I guess, so hopefully it's still there.

Be cool to know for sure though, thanks for the info GP.

13. GaijinPunch

Yes, it appears to be there. I *THOUGH* I saw it once, but it does look quite similar to one of her side throws. I did see it just a bit ago, so I"m assuming [4][6][P]+[G] is the command.

14. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

that's too bad, [6][6][P]+[G] was a good front dash rush move. I use it in my mix up of [6][6][P]+[K]. phooie! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

15. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

So what does KK do for Aoi now? If the old KK is gone, but
    every character has a KK command (I think) then what is
    the new KK?

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

As said before, she no longer has [K][K]. Only a single (reanimated) [K], just like Kage, Akira, Brad, Lei-Fei, Goh and Vanessa.

17. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Yes, I missed it.

18. GaijinPunch

Seems weak, but it floats on counter. It's high though, so not really useable on low punchers.

19. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Floats on counter? well at least it's got that property...
    But doesn't seem really useful...

20. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

What is her most useful floater now?