1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Brad Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Only saw 2-3 people using Brad. The fact that my Japanese friends tell me I look like him doesn't help. I knew I should've never grown lamb chops all the way to my mouth. Bad idea, even though I shaved them months ago. I think only Air Jacky & Jason_Cha can comment on that. My middle name being Brad doesn't help.

The few people that used him were just nickel-and-diming it. Like Vanessa, he's a good character to do it with, as he takes a lot of damage per hit. Not particularly slow or fast it seemed. Not particularly interesting either.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Not particularly interesting either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but this is the opinion of someone who has yet to see him used well or, played against someone who was considered strong with him. Personally I love Muay Thai/Kickboxing so regardless I'm going to give Brad a good shot if I ever get the chance to play Evo (Which I'm sure I will someday, via a console probably). This is still Virtua Fighter, I may have hated Taka but I would be a fool to say he didn't possess any depth.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Question - does he have any original attacks, or are the majority of his moves just taken from Vanessa's MT stance?

4. GaijinPunch

Well, as Adio said, I've not seen him played well (I don't think much of anyone has, as so few people are using him and there's only ONE place in the world you can play Evo right now.... down the street from my house, coincidentally).

However, I fell in love w/ Lei Fei the first time I saw him, and that was by someone that didnt' know how to use him.

5. GaijinPunch

Sorry, forgot about you Shadowdean. While he does tend to resemle Vanessa's MT, most of his attacks combos seem to be his own.

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I had originally posted this info in the media section, but as there are real threads happening here about the new guys, thought I'd re-post it, incase people want to start putting together info about what the characters are capable of.

From the trailer and IGN clips, here's what I was able to make out of Brad's moves:

Standard low P, chainable into a quick upper from the rear hand (like King's d+1,2)

pretty normal looking Elbow

PPd+K a one-two followed with a low kick from the rear leg, doesn't switch stance for the kick (like Jacky does), just swings the leg around (think TTT Kazuya)

Triple Upper, short, quick uppers to the mid-section with the leading hand

Body Blow to the mid-section, followed by high spin backfist (looks like you can keep going)

Sway to the back, canned high P follow-up

Low kicks with both leading and rear legs

Middle Kick that looks like a kind of "snap" or small toe kick to the mid-section with the front leg, followed by high P from leading hand, then another middle straight-leg kick from the Back leg to the oppt's side, again kind of swinging around, then going back into place with no stance change. There might be some Bruce "shh-shh" sound effects happening here.

P,P, Upper

Spinning High Elbow, followed by a Middle Kick

High Spinkick like Jacky's K+G, with "swoosh" noise

Low Spin Kick mentioned by others, fast low version of Jacky's Middle Spin Kick

Muay-Thai looking Jumping Knee with the front leg. floats

Standing Knee with rear leg

Throw which looks just like Vannesa's MTS P+G, but the hit seems to put them further away than Vanessa's P+G

In the blurry trailer, I can see something that looks like the Lightning Elbow, but maybe shorter... the afforementioned holding while Kneeing to the body... 2P looks like traditional boxing shorts and bandages.

maybe Gaijin Punch can keep us up on all the other stuff he sees, and we can start making somekind of complete picture of Brad's command list.

Spotlite

7. GaijinPunch

Again, the only thing anybody's really saying about Brad is that I look like him -- well, only my Japanese friends are saying that. I guess to them, we all look the same. HEHE. Anyways, the only thing I've noticed is that the few throws I"ve seen seem to not do so much damage, and he seems to move a bit slower than I thought he was.

I think he would've been cooler if they made a feather-weight kick-boxer that was more agile. Just me though.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Evolution Brad Movelist

For those interested, Overweight VF has a tentative movelist for Brad on a new bbs they've got going. More than likely, it's not near exhaustive, but it has hit levels and a list of many moves and throws. Enjoy.

Overweight Brad BBS

cheers,

9. GaijinPunch

I saw someone with Brad today that actually knows how to use him. He's got some quick jabs, as well as some quick bobbing & weaving. Whether this really gets him out of the way or not, I don't know. I assume they're not as good as a true evade.

The guy I was playing with was jacking me w/ his sweep, which does NOT put him in a low position, so a low- throw afterwards isn't going to happen.

Goh has one that's similar, but if I'm not mistaken, it seems to be a half-circular kick, while Brad's is full.

His winning pose is gay... at least one of them. The camera is behind him, and he holds his arms up, flexing -- like he's in a body building contest. And speaking of gay -- one of his costume colors is a very 'flawless flamboyant' blue.... makes you wonder.

10. GaijinPunch

I saw the other winning pose today -- awful. I think they REALLY did a bad job on Brad's face, although Goh's looks okay. It's way too smooth. He looks like he's gone through plastic surgery.

Anyways, Brad is starting to piss me off... as Vanessa did when I started playing Ver. A, as I'm still not used to all the moves. (Probalby played a total of 7 matches or so w/ different people).

One move that got me a lot is his high-circular kick then low circular kick -- yes, a two part combo, like Jacky's, although like Aoi & Vanessa, the low one only knocks down the opponent on counter.

It's really hard for me to say how 'strong' of a character he is. I think for a good few months, anyone that's not tried out Brad is going to be at a slight disadvantage, b/c there's a large guessing game involved when you don't know the moves.

11. Isaak

Isaak Member

So Brad has some bobbing & weaving. Does he fight similar to steve fox from tekken? If he does i can't wait till VF4 EVO comes to the us.

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

No, most definitely not. Brad uses his legs quite a bit, and is perhaps not as quick as Steve.

13. GaijinPunch

Steve who in what?

14. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Tekken 4

15. GaijinPunch

I think you missed the point there. Perhaps a smiley would've helped. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

16. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

anymore information on what that bobbing and weaving does? and in the intro he does like this kim kaphwan (from kof) taunt after an uppercut. does he really have that? that would be quite evil.

17. GaijinPunch

Not sure about the taunt. The only term I've seen on any boards about the 'bobbing & weaving' is called his shu-shu. That's the sound it makes when he does it. It apparantly gets him out of harms way for a split second -- likely w/ high punches & kicks only.

18. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

19. martialfanatic

martialfanatic Well-Known Member

Aw come on! Somebody has to have found out some good stuff with this guy. Don't tell me he's a weak character... /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

20. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Why not watch a brad movie or two? Daioh hosted some recently and I've got 'em mirrored. I'm sure the good brad stuff is forthcoming.