1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 evolution...Euro 60Hz problem

Discussion in 'Console' started by Argus_X, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Argus_X

Argus_X New Member

Hey folks! Great website. I've been playing VF since VF2 on the Saturn, but its really with VF4:Evo that I've been able to get into the game in a big way /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But, here's the rub... I got a PStwo for Christmas so I could play VF4:Evo at home. (I like in the UK btw!) Now, being a games snob and especially for something like VF4, I like to play my games in full 60hz mode. Normally, this isnt a problem with my TV. BUT for some reason, 60Hz with VF4:Evo comes out... black and white! nooo! Its such a pain, and I'm not sure *why* or *how to fix it*. The info screen says if it displays black and white, your TV doesnt accept an NTSC signal. What rubbish... my Dreamcast was fine on 60hz, my american (i.e., NTSC) Gamecube displays fine... So I figure, maybe I should buy a SCART cable - that ought to do the trick. I buy the cable, take it home... and nope, still black and white. Maybe because its not an official cable?

Really, if any of you guys could shed ANY light on the subject... I'd be incredibly grateful. Did anybody else have the same problem?

... and on a lighter note, I've gotten rather fed up of playing as Sarah, as she was always my character of choice for years. Could anybody recommend who I should move on to, as an IMHO intermediate player? Someone a bit different to her /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    You need an RGB scart cable, I had the same problem.

I got mine from Game for about £15

3. Argus_X

Argus_X New Member

Hmm, hope that works. This SCART cable I have must be rubbish... and I bet I cant return it to the shop either!

4. Hopkins

Hopkins Member

Yeah, some SCART leads just deliver the same composite signal through a SCART connecter. One company even advertises it as an RGB connection which is a blatant lie! Apparently the official Sony "Euro" connecter SCART lead works fine, but I can't confirm this personally because I have a shite TV that cannot accept an RGB signal :p Let us know which cable you go for and if it works!