1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Goh Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I've got nothing impartcular to report. Seems that Goh is DEFINITELY the more popular of the two new characters. He generally works off of a leading punch or kick, then into a throw.

He does have one throw that has some reach, where he pulls his opponents legs out from under them. I'm sure a down attack is guaranteed, but only a few people seemed to be comfortable with him.

His taunt at the end of the game is pretty spooky -- camera view is from the defeated player. He bends down and talks into it, and sometimes stomps it.

2. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Did you see if he had combination throws like Aoi?

3. GaijinPunch

Yes, he most certainly does. Just don't know how to get out of them yet. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif HOwever, it seemed they were only two part combos, like Wolfs.

4. GaijinPunch

The Guerilla (pretty much the best Aoi player) was using Goh today. Already up to 5-kyu. He learns fast. I got a better idea of what he's made of.

Basically, he's going to be tricky to use. He overall moves pretty slugishly, but has a few quick punches in there. Also a low leg sweep (where he stays up) which is very useful. Also, a killer shoulder which knocks the opponent into next week on counter.

Overall, looks like a fun character to use.

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Is he a heavy weight?

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Here again, I'm reposting my list of stuff I saw Goh do in the video clips, so people can start compiling the hard facts about what the characters are capable of. It's not much, but it's a start:

P,P High, body blow both with leading hand, 2nd hit staggers crouchers looks like!

standard low P

Elbow where he steps in low to the body. while most characters seem to lean forward for their elbows, it looks like Goh leans to the outside a little, while ducking in and forward elbowing with the leading arm. Looks like it'd avoid high attacks.

Mid body blow with front hand (like 2nd hit of P,P) to overhand hook with rear hand that looks like it might force a crouch like Jeff's d+P+K. like most of Goh's attacks, it looks pretty quick with short range.

strong upper from the rear hand, looks like it winds up with a little sway, floats (on counter?). A little slower than his other moves, but still somewhat quick (like kage's d/f+P).

A body blow that KD's, looks like Vanessa's Intrude Hook without the dodge, and more straight than a hook, like an upper to the body. I think I saw it hit normal with no KD

Paul's famous d+1 overhead chop with the leading hand, but with a closed fist, more of a smashing overhead punch. Goh's recovery seems better, as he kind of pops back up after doing it, but it's REALLY similar.

middle kick from the rear leg, kind of a quick snap kick to the mid-section. moves goh foreward, switches stance. Goh's d/f+K middle kick seems like.

another middle kick from the rear leg, a litttle more toe-kicky, no switch stance, no forward movement. staggers. maybe b+K? Going on G.P.'s info, I'd guess this one chains into a throw.

Jacky and Vanessa's Barrier Kick Dodge attack (for now?)

standing knee with the rear leg, floats (on counter?)

2 low kicks. one with the front leg, very short and quick, the second with the rear leg: Goh kind of shuffles to the side a little and sweeps his rear leg around as if to scoop up the oppt's foot. This kick seems to put Goh off-axis. While there's no kicking in Judo, both these moves look really "judo-ish" to me, and look more like little foot sweeps than kicks. I think the 2nd one for sure is the first part of a Hit-Throw; it's just too strange. In the blurry trailer, Goh's 2nd sequence shows him doing what looks like it might be a hit-throw from a low kick... maybe this kick?

Both Goh and Brad seem to have normal type rising attacks.

Goh also has the same high spin kick as Brad (like Jacky). I hope they take that out.

Soto Makikomi Throw: I think this is Goh's P+G throw. Goh steps in and pulls the oppt's sleve with his leading arm, then wraps his trailing arm around the outside of the same arm (hence soto maki "outside wrap"). He then twists his oppt across his hip and rotates to take him down. This animation is really nice, and captures the way judo throws work really well, with a nice slam and bounce that's really realistic. Goh makes a cool "hei!" shout.

Kind of Seoinage: Goh grabs that oppt's arm with both hands, then turning his back to the oppt, crouches and whips them straight ahead over his shoulder. While similar to Kage's P+G Ippon Seoinage, this throw looks kind of different, and it's hard to tell just what's happening. It actually looks a little like Jeff's arm-breaker side throw, but instead of breaking the arm, tossing them foreward. If you know Judo, it's like a drop seoinage, but rather than putting his rear arm under the armpit, he holds the wrist with both hands.

In the trailer, it looks like Goh makes a throw out of a throw escape from Akira, but it's hard to tell what's happening. All I know is that Aki shouts twice, then Goh throws him with what looks like leg sweep throw (kosoto, osoto or kouchi gari). think Kage's b,f+P+G Osoto Gari but slower with Goh kind of leaning over them at the end.

I'm really interested in this character, so any fooling around with him on the single player machine or definitive commands/animations you can relay are really appreciated, GaijinPunch.

Spotlite

7. GaijinPunch

I saw a bit more of Goh today... got pummeled by him. By far, he's got the coolest voice in the game... period.

The first thing I noticed was an item -- a chainsaw on his back... something most Judo athletes fight with at all times. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

He also seems to have a down attack which looks like he's snapping the opponents neck. I saw this happen to someone (not me) so I'm not sure if it can be escaped or not.... I would assume so, as Aoi's [3][P]+[G] can be escaped. It took off quite a bit of damage.

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I did a little searching on the Overweight BBS Forum (thanks to Llanfair for the lead). Goh's movelist can be found at Overweight BBS Goh's movelist for anyone whose interested.

I'm a newbie at this translation thing, so a couple of things are a little confusing. Hopefully someone can make some sense of the info (to me, at least). Here's what I found, and a few questions:

<font color="orange"> * 6 P sublevel main force like P upper iron fist 4? As for damage derivation from of low * 6 PP sublevels 6 P. Applying perhaps, it is disadvantageous. </font color>

Does that mean that [6]+[P], [P] result in frame disadvantage?

<font color="orange">4 P sublevels upper. Being normal, floating? </font color>

Looks like [4]+[P] floats on a normal hit.

<font color="orange">P when + K &#25420; & it grasps and grasps you can walk & in throwing derivative possibility </font color>

It looks like a hit throw. Not too sure about it.

<font color="orange">43 P + K lower positions &#25420; the same person as D &#12505;&#12493;</font color>

I really had problems understanding this one. It looks like it forces a crouch? I think it's a low attack.

<font color="orange">With 46 P + K sublevel counters stomach deterioration. </font color>

Looks like a stomach KD on counter. Spotlite may have been referring to this one.

<font color="orange"> The 8or2 P + K lower position axis shifting, the beam </font color>

A low attack, but that's all I could get out of this translation. Any takers?

<font color="orange">26 P + K sublevels the eye which was seen is horse step, but the &#12498;&#12472;? When it hits, the partner it wobbles. </font color>

Horse step?! It looks like a mid-level move that possibly goes under high attacks, and stuns on a normal hit.

<font color="orange">66 P + K it is strong on? It is the pair hand cutting, but interval is narrow. As for pursuit horse step or 8 P? </font color>

I'm very confused with this translation. It's a high level attack. Could it be a sabaki (pair hand cutting)? Wishful thinking.

He also has six high throws, two of which are 270 throws at 70 pt damage /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/grin.gif , and two low throws. An option select nightmare.

<font color="orange"> With throwing 1 P the on 61 P + G + G being not to come out, perhaps this command. About 50. </font color>

<font color="orange"> You tried 62 P + G and 2 P + G, but not be able to verify the upper tier throwing of 2 directions. </font color>

I don't really understand what's going on here. It looks like someone's testing something.

I'm really interested in Goh. I hope that this movelist isn't finished, because I was expecting more hit throws and catch throws. And thanks to Gaijin Punch for the reports.

9. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    I can understand most of it... I'm actually about to play with andy right now, so I'll translate later. Thanks for putting this up, though! Just a few things of interest:

P attacks:

P high like a Tekken 4 P
    PP no comment
    f+P mid looks like damage is small, another comment I'll need to translate
    f+P, P mid combo from f+P, "probably" makes disadvantage for the oppt
    f,f+P mid elbow like akira's DE but damage is small
    b+P mid upper not sure if it floats on normal, but on counter
    d+P standard low P

P+K looks like some kind of grapple, maybe the double leg take down people mentioned

he has vanessa's DS b, d/f+P+K low P sabaki

has a D ,f+P+K that they say looks like Akira's shoulder, but with an elbow (?)

f,f+P+K is some kind of double handed high attack that they seem to think can be followed with the shoulder or u+P

more later, andy's here now

Spotlite

10. GaijinPunch

Well, when you use an online translator, be ready to get confused. VF4 has it's own terminology in Japanese, which is totally different than US terminology, and most normal Japanse people wouldn't be able to read it, as any joe blow who stumbled in here wouldn't quite know what was going on. As such, an online translator isn't so useful in such cases.

11. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Just to finish translating what they've put up at overweight:

K attacks:

K no comment
    f+K standing knee, normal hit is no float
    d/f+K middle kick, behaves like Akira's middle kick
    d+K low kick from standing position

P+K attacks

P+K some kind of step and tackle I think, one of the kanji isn't in my dictionary
    b, d/f+P+K Vanessa's DS low P sabaki
    b, f+P+K MIddle counter hit makes KD (afforementioned body blow I think)
    D, f+P+K Middle, like Akira's shoulder but with an elbow, hit staggers oppt
    u or d+P+K Low puts goh off axis?
    f,f+P+K High double hand high, can be followed with shoulder and u+P guaranteed?

K+G attacks
    f+K+G High high Half Spin Kick?
    b+K+G High high SPin in the opposite direction from f+K+G?

P+G Throws

P+G about 40 damage
    d/f, d/f+P+G about 50 damage, d/f+P down attack guaranteed?
    b+P+G about 40 damage
    f, d/b+P+G about 5 damage, they're unsure about the d/b command
    3/4 CF+P+G about 70 damage
    3/4 CB+P+G about 70 damage, strong

d+P+K+G, d/f+P+K+G low throws

something about d+P+G and f, d+P+G charging?

Jacky and Vanessa's Barrier Kick dodge attack

Akira's u+P and d/f+P down attacks

keep in mind this move list isn't complete or official, just one player's observations. There seems to be a lot of talk about combo throws, too.

Spotlite

12. Breadshoes

Breadshoes Member

Are there any sites with videos of Goh being played on the net?

13. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

there are a few crappy goh clips from ign, but when I say crappy I mean crappy. Like a high punch, a low kick, and one basic P+G throw are pretty much all you see. It's not even worth the time except to see the new backgrounds maybe.

14. Breadshoes

Breadshoes Member

That sucks, I really wanted to see him in action. Thank you anyway.

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    All this info makes me want to try this guy out now. Your research is most appreciated.

16. GaijinPunch

He's pretty kewl in action. He's got a lot of throw-combo's it seems, as well as a few "on hit" throws.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

if you still wanna see them, I had them uploaded on my isp page... I dumped them after a while. Odds are excellent they're mirrored by now at www.feixaq.com/vf4/media.html
    otherwise, try irc, a lot of people on #vfhome might have the clip, and could send it.

18. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

been playing around with his holds and i have a question about his kuzushi (im assuming they are similar to wolfs catches but i have no idea). can his kuzushi movements while in the hold be broken? if so, is it done by imputing the same direction as the kuzushi movement? finally, can the kuzushi only be broken by a joystick direction (without pressing buttons)?

heres my situation: lets say ive got someone in a catch. they want to break the throw thats coming (and they think ill imput f+g+p) so they imput the f+g+p. instead of throwing though i imput the f orward kuzushi movement. would his imput break my kuzushi (or does he have to imput f with no button presses - that would be cool and lead to tons of mind games)? because goh can do two kuzushi's, it would force the opponent to guess at which point (after the first kuzushi, or after the second) to imput the throw escape. now that would be awesome grappling fun.

19. GaijinPunch

I can't say for sure, other than they can be broken -- or that the hold is broken before the throw is pulled off. As for the input - I dont know. I just throw in a lot of throws and hope that I get out of it. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

hey gp, where do you play normally? shibuya? i could use some english help on how to improve my game as im a scrub.