1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Goh Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yeup, I'm usually in Shibuya. You in Tokyo?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Goh = bastard?

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Goh = bastard?

From a recent clip I noticed that what people were saying about the multithrow is pretty accurate... if you get to the second part, the damage is big. Big like arm whip or giant swing. AIEEE. The damage from a bodyblow KD --> low throw catch --> part 2 throw was roughly 50%. Can wolf escape the low throw catch, or is it a true unescapable catch?

Other interesting bits - You can TR from a kuzure down now, but only late in the animation. Maybe that prevents combos like QCB+P, deep bodycheck. Or maybe it forces people to use combos rather than lame pounces. I dunno. To confirmation of TR after slam, but I don't think so, as the goh got slammed a lot and could only do ground throw escapes, he didn't TR. If it's possible it may be hard.

Entertaining stuff: Goh's ground throw... sits on the opponent and pulls their arm back, then tugs violently (on the arm or the neck?) making them kick the ground like a little kid throwing a tantrum.
    -Goh's armpit punch throw.
    -The throw that looks a bit like lei's fei's throw where he flips you with his leg, except goh sorta rubs it in.

Goh has at least one nice non-catch throw that seems to guarantee a ground throw. If the ground throw is escapeable it's no big deal I guess, but if it isn't escaped the damage is about 75-80 pts.

4. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

Re: Goh = bastard?

gaijinpunch - yeah im in tokyo too. been here for a couple of months working, but ill be returning to ny on the 31st of aug. ill be back and forth though as my girlfriend is japanese.

creed - which throw guarantees the ground throw?

god my goh is so weak! played him about 10 times yesterday and only got a single win (3 straight though at least). some things that i found to be especially effective with him are mixing up his [2][P][K] and his evade attack as one is mid and one is low. works well but the [2][P][K] does very little damage and side steps far too slow.

the second punch of his [P],[P] and [6][P],[P] are so slow that it pains me.

5. GaijinPunch

I still don't know much about his throw combos, but I think there's a general rule in Evo that ALL ground throws are escapable. I know w/ Aoi, you can input [3][P]+[G] or [2][P]+[G] but from what I can tell, you can only escape one of them, so it's 50/50. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same w/ the other guys. I was curious about feet-related ground throws, but I escaped Wolf's ball-breaker where he grabs your ankles about 5 minutes ago, so that's confirmed.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The throw where he turns and flips you up and over his shoulder seems to guarantee the ground throw. It looks like lau's f+P+G throw, except goh doesn't flip first, he just flings you over his shoulders.

Gaijin: GLC's theory about escapeability of ground throws is facedown escaping is not possible, only faceup. Confirm?

7. GaijinPunch

Again -- they're all escapable from what I can tell, but I'll have to double check.

Doesn't Aoi's [2_][6][P]+[G] leave the opponent face up? That is definitely escapable, but I've never really bothered to pay attention.

Honestly, I'm not in the mode of escaping ground throws w/ Wolf, as it's something new. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

8. Makatiel

i think aois [2_][6][G][P] leaves you face up as she turns you around for the arm break (?).

creed - thanks, ill try that out tonight.

9. Makatiel

gp - ill be in shibuya today for a bit. dont know if ill go to the sega hightech land though as the competition there is pretty stiff. however if you see a weak goh peddling his puny wares (im tall, asian and wear glasses - got a blue shirt on today hehe...) thats prolly me.

10. GaijinPunch

Yes, you're right, although it's definitely confirmed that face up/down doesn't mean that a down throw can't be escaped.

One's I've definitely escaped are Aoi's down throws after:
    [2_][6][P]+[G] and [3][3][P]+[G] -- the later isn't guaranteed anyway. The Wolf one I've definitely escaped is when I'm on the floor, face up, and he grabs the ankles. I've not played against too many wolves, so the one where he grabs by the shoulders I've yet to escape.

11. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

I also watch the video which I appreciated /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    I like his throws, they have this no nonsense efficiency...

Anyway, watching the video, I have the impression that he must rely on his throws to do most of his damage...
    So it's a good thing his throws do lots of damage after he catches his opponent and pushes him.
    He seems to be even more of a grappler than Wolf and Jeffry.

He is definitely a character I want to play, and I think I'll like his style. So I hope to see other videos of him /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

12. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Forgot to say his voice acting is quite good too /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

13. GaijinPunch

Yeup -- voice acting isn't half bad for Goh...

Most of his damage is based on throws, but he's got a pretty mean shoulder, and he does have a few strikes that do a lot of damage.

14. Makatiel

his low throw catch [2][G][P][K] is escapable. and breaking the catch is pretty easy (which i think is ridiculous). i played against a masher lau yesterday and catch held him about 10 or 15 times (i lost to him so many times - ugh). he broke it every time by mashing the buttons and whirling the joystick - ugh no skill necessary. such potential for good mind games but instead just mash away. yeargh - i hope im wrong and that masher was just reading my mind perfectly every time... might as well decide between [3][G][P][K] for the choke or [3][G][P] for the ground throw - thats more of a mind game than mashing...

15. GaijinPunch

Maybe you should put the follow ups in a bit quicker. Then again, some people are good at that. I can't tell you how many times I'd catch people w/ Vanessa, only for them to get away. Bastards.

16. Makatiel

hmmm. im going to try that tonight. do you think i should imput the double kuzushi movements during the pick up animation? ive been waiting to get into full pick up catch stance - is that what im doing wrong? ive never really used any of the catch characters so i dont know what their timing is. is it kind of like jeffrey's triple headbutt (imput the commands almost immediately one right after the other)?

17. Breadshoes

Breadshoes Member

Man, I really hope this comes out in America in one form or another. Goh sounds like the perfect character for me.

18. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

19. GaijinPunch

I really don't know -- I just got my ass kicked by a Goh player -- same dan-level as well, so I lost a few points. Sucks. You should definitely have an advantage over most players, as nobody really has a good idea of how to defend against him yet... that's why a lot of people have gotten so high with him & Brad.

20. hananokeiji

hananokeiji Well-Known Member

actually, i noticed that Goh is kinda like a zombie. haha. its like biohazard VS VF. lol

but his combos are deadly, i saw someone did a 70 percent combo with him.. i think it goes something like a floater. (maybe [3][P] counter, [P]+[K][P], [4][P], ground throw.) dang quite deadly!!!!