1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Kage Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I did play against one good Kage. I was using Lion, and barely one (it was a fluke, really -- he had me down to about 10 pts in the last round, and I came back).

I've seen no new combos or attacks, although I know they're there. The guy I played stuck to the old stuff. He does have a mid kick which I believe to be a replacement for his [3][K] which has a totally different motion -- his knee bends. Didn't see anyone get a throw in after this. Not sure if it's possible or not.

The only Kage item I saw was something that resembled a backpack on his back, of course.

2. GaijinPunch

A bit more info today. Kage has a new item -- short hair! Either that, or it's up in a bun. It looks different from both of his hair styles in Ver. C.

Also, in addition to his different [3][K] (motion-wise anyway) he's got a new palm... of sorts. Almost like an open-fisted attack. DOesn't seem to be connected to a combo. Pretty quick, and hits high.

Kyasao was there today, but he was sticking to pounding people at Ver. C. I asked if he'd tried Evo yet and he said he hadn't, with a chuckle. Hmmm... I figured he'd have helped w/ the developers. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. h0LLyW00d

h0LLyW00d Member

Ok.. it sounds cool so far. But im sure Kage has loads of new stuff we havent seen yet in VF4E.

4. GaijinPunch

It doesn't really look like it. There's been a few Kage's there, and I've only seen that one new punch. Keep your fingers crossed though.

5. GaijinPunch

A few more Kage's around today. Honestly, I've only seen two knew moves out of Kage. The uppercut I've mentioned before ( which floast on counter -- great... all Kage needs. The other was after doing his [4][K]. Instead of following through, Kage did a flip over his opponent, then jacked him up with [7][K]+[G]. I saw another one try it with Jacky though, and got torn to pieces. Perhaps there's better moves to finish it off with. Pretty kewl, but seems like he'd be open to be thrown afterwards, like Sarah's flip, depending on distance.

6. GaijinPunch

kage seems to have a new move. If you look up at the top of this thread, you'll see he's got a new upper-cut looking move. According to Ice9, the command is [2_][3][P] --- meaning his chop is history.

One thing I saw today that I didn't see last time was a kick that spun him backwards, then in with an elbow, and ending with the aforementioned uppercut looking thing. There were quite a few skilled Kage's there, but not going all out and doing a bunch of new moves.

7. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

What, No more [2_][3]+[P]! But that was one of his best attacks. It leveled Kage out against some charaters like Akira.

Probably took it out because of the range, I hope the new uppercut move is useful...

Oh well at lease Marc'll be happy /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

8. GaijinPunch

You really need to ask Ice9 -- I've not played Kage on Evo, and I've not played him enough on Ver. C to really do a lot of damage w/ that move.

If it makes you feel any better, Aoi lost her [K][K] which isn't always one of those "sure thing" attacks, but when it hits, it guarantees as [8][P] which is always nice.

9. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

"If it makes you feel any better, Aoi lost her which isn't always one of those "sure thing" attacks, but when it hits, it guarantees as which is always nice."

And that's meant to make em feel better...I loved that chop...sob /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

10. GaijinPunch

Yeah, and I loved the [K][K]. :) Honestly, I never new that the new attack replaced the chop until Ice-9 mentioned it. I guess he could clear up a lot of the Kage unncertainties as he's a pretty good Kage player I must say, and would definitely do a better job than I.

11. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    F**king stupid chop how that silly move beat my sholder is beyond me /versus/images/icons/confused.gif glad to see it go /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Optimus Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.
    Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?
    Optimus Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

LOL

Yes..sometimes..I wonder how mysterious that move is as well..even though I've gone full time with Kage..can't believe just how good that move is.

13. GaijinPunch

I hate the [3][P] bitch-slap-esque move. It floats, is a half-crescent, and keeps him out of harms way for high punches.

14. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I hope they just give his chop a new command, if the uppercut keeps the [2_][3]+[P] command.

As far as Version C is concerned, I feel that the chop was a vital move for Kage. But who am I to say? I'm certainly no expert.

-Chanchai

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, [2_][3][P] and [3][P] are both pretty important tools for Kage... the [2_][3][P] is particularly useful for spacing and interrupt plays, if it really is gone, that kinda sucks /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

16. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

FexiaQ have you got the CD yet?

17. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just sent you a PM...

18. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Recently noticed that

[2_][3]+[P] - [P] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][2][3]+[P]

is doable on some characters on a normal hit, although it is tech-rollable.

Marc following the chop with [P] - [3]+[K] will do more damage on the likes of Wolf and Jeffry on normal hit, but you are better off doing [P][P][K] on midweight characters.

19. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    ahhhh I like the sound of that those heavy bastads need to be given extra damage. Anyway can't muck about more with Kage broke my PS2 the other day /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Optimus Prime: One shall stand, one shall fall.
    Megatron: Why throw away your life so recklessly?
    Optimus Prime: That's a question you should ask yourself, Megatron.

20. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

broke your ps2!

Jesus what is it with you breaking your consoles all the time...pack it up I'll see if I can get it fixed (sigh)