1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Lau Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think that Lau is a well-balanced character... either that or I just wasn't playing w/ cheap people who elbow the hell out of you. He's got at least a new throw -- maybe two. Can't recall.

He's got a nice double-slap combo, that can be finished off with a punch. Everyone seemed to like this, and it didn't seem to put him at an unfair advantage afterwards.

[P][P][P][K] is still used far too much from what I could tell, but what're you gonna do, besides make fun of those guys?

In addition to the glasses & ridiculously retarded short hair cut, I saw his helmet, which was previously a sphere item in Ver. C. Obviously not rare anymore.

2. GaijinPunch

I saw one more Lau item the other day -- fire crackers. Either that or two long candles tied together, hanging form his belt.

Unfortunately for the location test, we don't get different colored uniforms, so some of the items don't match the outfit.

Also, I'm starting to think that Lau's new throw is [2_][6][P]+[G]. It seems that it always comes out of a crouching position. I'll have to ask a Lau today.

3. akiraattack

akiraattack Active Member

Lau Chan has a great new throw in VF evo.
    he push back the arms of his opponent and then strike it with a double palm. also he can change stands like jacky now. it really seems Lau Chan has a lot of new moves. there were more new moves, but I forget, damn memory.

4. GaijinPunch

Great news for everyone that hates Lau:
    throw is guaranteed after [6][P][P] is blocked. :)

Also, I saw someone there w/ a freaky purple outfit of his. Almost electro-purple or something stoney.

5. Isaak

Isaak Member

So a throw is now guaranteed after the [6][P][P] is blocked. RIGHT ON.

6. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

i think it's actually fair that way(to have f+P,P counterable when blocked); most of the elbow-canned followup strings in the game are counterable when blocked; jeffry's, jacky's, sarah's(her elbow-chop's justified in being uncounterable though cause it's weak and has short range besides hitting high). i think i missed a couple but you probably got the point.

hmm, looking more and more like the overpowered characters of VF are becoming more interesting...jacky on the other hand according to you, GP...

7. GaijinPunch

True -- it definitely needs to be throw-guaranteed when blocked. The elbow isn't always an abused move, but it's a nice fallback in the 5th round, and pisses me off. Lau has some many good floats & follow-ups, I think he should have far less non-throw-guaranteed moves than the others.

Jacky does look a bit more interesting than Ver. C, that's for sure, although I doubt I'll play him. He's still got too high of a representation all over the place for me to feel that my Jacky is anything special.

8. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Anyone noticed that Lau's new throw [2_][6][P][G] looks a lot like Eileens throw in Shenmue 2?
    It's the first move I see in VF taken from Shenmue 2
    Now, it would be fun if they gave Akira the last throw, Ryo learns in Shenmue 2, the 3 hits one /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

10. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

What is Lau's tiger stance? I havent seen it being used in any videos, unless i missed it of course.

11. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

I saw one video where Lau went into a new stance I assumed was
    tiger for all of a second. Strangely I thought it looked like Lau's ver C
    2nd VF1 victory pose, where he swings his arms around in a cool
    fashion and talks shit.