1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Lei Fei Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Okay, as posted before, Lei Fei has the most changes of the 4 characters I've played (Aoi, Lion, Shun, & Lei Fei). I say changes, in that he does feel quit a bit different. Moves are generally the same, but w/ some tweaks, and no moves added. I'll briefly state them -- for better details, see my original, kind of mixed up post.

Third [P] in [P][P][P] is no longer holdable -- it's a normal attack. Also, it *SEEMS* that you won't always get the last kick in in [9][K]+[G][2][P][9][K]+[G][3][K]. I think your opponent can quick rise out of it. One knew move definitely is [2][P]+[K]+[G][2] (stomps the ground w/ both fists at this point) then [K] to come out w/ a mid-kick. I can't recall the others, as I only did them by chance / mis-command.

ITEMS: In addition to the glasses, boat-people hat, an metal ying-yang, the only other item I saw was one that I was able to nab - a pitch fork on my back. Very kewl.

2. GaijinPunch

Played a bit of Lei Fei today, and got a few wins in. Most of the new observations were from other people though.

Two new items I saw. One, like the pitch-fork, was strapped on his back. Instead, it looked like a gigantic spatula. No joke -- I have no clue what it was supposed to be. The other was a pair of gold & red shin guards, but unlike the other ones, they went all the way around his legs, and up to his knees. Pretty cool.

Also, the first kick in [3][K]+[G][K] hits twice now, instead of once.

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

The monks used that same "spatula" spear weapon in Iron Monkey.

4. GaijinPunch

Never saw it, but thanks for the explanation. I thought it looked a bit strange.

5. GaijinPunch

Seeing as how I've misplaced my Aoi & Lion cards, I did a fair bit of playing with Lei Fei yesterday. Don't have much more info other than some confirmations of early observations.

I tried a few different possible throw inputs -- it seems he has none, unfortunately. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

One thing I did notice that's a nice welcome is that he now takes a step into [4][3][P]. Makes it much more useful, as before it was only good for a charger, or a round-about way to go into that stance.

There are definitely two new moves from [2][P]+[K]+[G]. The full commands would be:
    [2][P]+[K]+[G][2][P]+[K] which comes out w/ a forearm -- there might even be a [P] follow up, but can't recall. The other is:
    [2][P]+[K]+[G][2][K] - this is a backwards kick (mid). Nice looking, but there is now follow up, besides [2][K] which is a bit predictable.

Conversely, you could just do
    [2][P]+[K]+[G][2][2][2] stopming the ground w/ both fists, until your opponent has the balls to come and get you. He let's out a nice "HUH!" everytime as well.

The change that hurts the most is [P][P][P]. The animation of the 3rd [P] is changed (who cares) but it's definitely not holdable -- it's a normal attack. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

lol
    why do u keep misplacing ur cards? lol

7. GaijinPunch

That pair I've still got -- left them in my pockets. Didn't want to mix them up w/ my Ver. C. cards. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. GaijinPunch

New Lei Fei item I saw today -- a Dragon Mask (like something you'd see in a parade in China). Pretty kewl. The guy was 2-dan, and had an all-grey outfit.

9. GaijinPunch

I did quite a bit of Lei Fei playing yesterday. They've definitely toned some of his attacks down a bit, although he's still really strong.

One thing I was able to do when playing against Lei Fei, was struggle out of the [8][P]+[K]+[G][2][K] stagger more than a few times (more than half). Perhaps when I couldn't it was on counter, and the other times was just a no-block. Either way, he got punished when I struggled out of it.

He's now got a lot more options from [2][P]+[K]+[G]. Besides what was there before, theres now:
    [2][K][K]. The first is a mid kick, and the 2nd is the same kick that Lei Fei had in Ver. C when his back was turned. You can also do [2][K][2][K], which is of course the half-circular sweep.
    [2][P]+[K][P] is a high mid combo which can be delayed quite a bit, and is quite strong, but doesn't have much range.

10. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

gp, do you know if they took out his f+p,p,p,p attacks? his f+p is now is old f+p+k, which is better (imho), but i was just wondering. and though lots of people seem to be able to struggle out of the independent stance d+k stagger, have you seen any struggle out of the f,f+k stagger? i havent seen it yet and i was wondering if you have.

11. GaijinPunch

I think [6][P][P][P][P] is gone (but wasn't the command just 3 P's?). I've not totally figured out the IN stance stagger thing yet. It might not be recoverable from a counter hit. I didn't use it that often in the first place, and have only used it a few times w/ Evo.

As for [6][6][K] - I've yet to see anyone get out of the stagger. It's still a vicious move.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member