VF4 Evolution Lei Fei Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Okay, as posted before, Lei Fei has the most changes of the 4 characters I've played (Aoi, Lion, Shun, & Lei Fei). I say changes, in that he does feel quit a bit different. Moves are generally the same, but w/ some tweaks, and no moves added. I'll briefly state them -- for better details, see my original, kind of mixed up post.

Third /versus/images/commands/p.gif in /versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif is no longer holdable -- it's a normal attack. Also, it *SEEMS* that you won't always get the last kick in in /versus/images/commands/uf.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/uf.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif. I think your opponent can quick rise out of it. One knew move definitely is /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif (stomps the ground w/ both fists at this point) then /versus/images/commands/k.gif to come out w/ a mid-kick. I can't recall the others, as I only did them by chance / mis-command.

ITEMS: In addition to the glasses, boat-people hat, an metal ying-yang, the only other item I saw was one that I was able to nab - a pitch fork on my back. Very kewl.

2. GaijinPunch

Played a bit of Lei Fei today, and got a few wins in. Most of the new observations were from other people though.

Two new items I saw. One, like the pitch-fork, was strapped on his back. Instead, it looked like a gigantic spatula. No joke -- I have no clue what it was supposed to be. The other was a pair of gold & red shin guards, but unlike the other ones, they went all the way around his legs, and up to his knees. Pretty cool.

Also, the first kick in /versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif hits twice now, instead of once.

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

The monks used that same "spatula" spear weapon in Iron Monkey.

4. GaijinPunch

Never saw it, but thanks for the explanation. I thought it looked a bit strange.

5. GaijinPunch

Seeing as how I've misplaced my Aoi & Lion cards, I did a fair bit of playing with Lei Fei yesterday. Don't have much more info other than some confirmations of early observations.

I tried a few different possible throw inputs -- it seems he has none, unfortunately. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

One thing I did notice that's a nice welcome is that he now takes a step into /versus/images/commands/b.gif/versus/images/commands/df.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif. Makes it much more useful, as before it was only good for a charger, or a round-about way to go into that stance.

There are definitely two new moves from /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif. The full commands would be:
    /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif which comes out w/ a forearm -- there might even be a /versus/images/commands/p.gif follow up, but can't recall. The other is:
    /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif - this is a backwards kick (mid). Nice looking, but there is now follow up, besides /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif which is a bit predictable.

Conversely, you could just do
    /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif stopming the ground w/ both fists, until your opponent has the balls to come and get you. He let's out a nice "HUH!" everytime as well.

The change that hurts the most is /versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif. The animation of the 3rd /versus/images/commands/p.gif is changed (who cares) but it's definitely not holdable -- it's a normal attack. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

lol
    why do u keep misplacing ur cards? lol

7. GaijinPunch

That pair I've still got -- left them in my pockets. Didn't want to mix them up w/ my Ver. C. cards. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

8. GaijinPunch

New Lei Fei item I saw today -- a Dragon Mask (like something you'd see in a parade in China). Pretty kewl. The guy was 2-dan, and had an all-grey outfit.

9. GaijinPunch

I did quite a bit of Lei Fei playing yesterday. They've definitely toned some of his attacks down a bit, although he's still really strong.

One thing I was able to do when playing against Lei Fei, was struggle out of the /versus/images/commands/u.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif stagger more than a few times (more than half). Perhaps when I couldn't it was on counter, and the other times was just a no-block. Either way, he got punished when I struggled out of it.

He's now got a lot more options from /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif+/versus/images/commands/g.gif. Besides what was there before, theres now:
    /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif. The first is a mid kick, and the 2nd is the same kick that Lei Fei had in Ver. C when his back was turned. You can also do /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif, which is of course the half-circular sweep.
    /versus/images/commands/d.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif+/versus/images/commands/k.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif is a high mid combo which can be delayed quite a bit, and is quite strong, but doesn't have much range.

10. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

gp, do you know if they took out his f+p,p,p,p attacks? his f+p is now is old f+p+k, which is better (imho), but i was just wondering. and though lots of people seem to be able to struggle out of the independent stance d+k stagger, have you seen any struggle out of the f,f+k stagger? i havent seen it yet and i was wondering if you have.

11. GaijinPunch

I think /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif/versus/images/commands/p.gif is gone (but wasn't the command just 3 P's?). I've not totally figured out the IN stance stagger thing yet. It might not be recoverable from a counter hit. I didn't use it that often in the first place, and have only used it a few times w/ Evo.

As for /versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/f.gif/versus/images/commands/k.gif - I've yet to see anyone get out of the stagger. It's still a vicious move.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member