1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Lion Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

GP, forgive me if this has been discussed before, but is there a new mid punch when lion is turned around? I think i keep seeing it in clips from Daioh, but maybe i'm mistaken?

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Nope, you're not imagining it.
    When the back is turned, it's: [P]+[K] -- a mid punch, to get those duckers. Not really that powerful, just something to mix things up with.

3. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

is the buffered [P]+[K] still available? Kind of interesting that 2 different moves have the same command, but just different input windows...

4. GaijinPunch

Oh, yeah -- that's a good point. I've played around with that quite a bit. As for the old high [P]+[K], it's still there, and is available only after:
    [4][4][P], [4][4][K], [4][4][K]+[G]
    The new [P]+[K] is available after [4][6][K]+[G],[2][P]+[K][4], or getting turned around by someone elses attacks.

I think if you wait long enough, it will be the new [P]+[K] eventually for those first few attacks I listed, but you're probably in much better shape doing the old one in most of those circumstances.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

what's the deal with the new little mantis poke that looks a bit like bf+PK (I think) but lion retracts his hand violently after poking. The recovery on it doesn't look perfect but it looks like it has a vacuum effect in floats, making for some nice potential combos where opponents would otherwise be too far to hit.

6. GaijinPunch

Must be talking about [4][P][P] -- isn't the best, but is pretty nice. Decent damage, and really good for slowing down a rushing opponent. Also good to use when someone TR's.

7. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Any tips to get the [P][P][P] addition after the [6][1][P]+[G]? I kept getting one punch only, which is not good like you said. I am assuming I should press all 3 punches before I see the first one come out/finisih? How about the timing between the 3 punches; is it the same intervals or I should wait a bit after one of the punches or something?

I only played a few games, and maybe I will have time next week, so any help with that move is appreciated. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. GaijinPunch

Well, it's all in the timing. Basically, you need to [P][P][P] right after you hear the grunt from the [6][1][P]+[G]. The interval between the three hits is all the same. Practice during 1P playing sometime -- you'll get it eventually. Also, try looking at the buttons when you hit them, not the screen -- Lion's motion can be distracting, and the 3 punches are definitely not in synch w/ the motion.

I'm no master, but can get it most of the time. I have more trouble w/ the [6][1] from the 1P side, but that's just me.