1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Pai Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

The standard after [4][6][P]+[G] for Pai is [9][K][K]. However, I don't think it's guaranteed. They might be able to get out of it. Makes for nice mind games.

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Yeah, you've got it right - I had it mixed up /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I confirmed this yesterday as well. It's a no brainer to get out of the DSK after b,f+P+G.

On a similar note, it seems as though it much more difficult to block the DSK after her df+P+G in Evo.

cheers,

3. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Most of the moves guides I see still list [6][4][P][G] as a DDT, but it's clearly not! I miss her DDT /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Oh well, her new low throw is nice...

-Alex

4. Gndalf007

Gndalf007 Well-Known Member

Yeah, her DDT was too cool to take away. It was especially cool-looking to hit Wolf with it off the wall of the cage.

5. andy

andy Well-Known Member

In an effort to resurrect this thread...

Spotlite and I tested [2_][4][P] after normal hit [1][K]+[G] a little while back. As you all know, Pai is at a disadvantage after normal hit quick sweep (-5?). However, [2_][4][P] will beat an immediate low punch by the opponent, because the low punch will whiff. It will probably beat all high moves also. Unfortunately, [2_][4][P] will not beat elbows or other mid moves like Lau's [3][P], in this situation. Whether or not it will beat low punches in any situation, I don't know.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hey, that's pretty useful.... what rewards are there after D,b+P?

7. andy

andy Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure, but I think the situation is similar to [6][P] and [9][K], with small advantage/even on normal hit and medium advantage on counter. So, of course, mid/throw guessing game would follow.

Also, after blocked [back][9][K], the flipkick that gives medium (small?) advantage on block, I think [back] [K], will interrupt everything, for great damage. Well, definitely low punches at least.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey andy, in open stance Pai's [2_][4][P] will avoid elbows too.

9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    [2]+[K] - on major counter, staggers the opponent, I believed you can get a low throw afterwards (messing with training mode). Not a 100% sure.

10. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Yes you can, the propery of d+k on MC is basically the same as her [6][2][P]+[G] throw. So in this case a low throw is possible.
    /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. Llanfair

Unfortunately, this is not the case. I *wish* it had properties just like Goh's d+K MC into low throw, but it doesn't. Pai is only at +1 when her [2]+[K] hits as a MC. On normal hit, is not that good either at -5. Imo, it's not very useful at all. The back turning aspect would be good if she had more advantage there, but it falls short...I've always thought how nice it would be if it could be cancelled - Pai ShunPuri...:)

12. andy

andy Well-Known Member

Oh OK, thanks Myke. I'm pretty sure we tested in closed stance, since we did it at the beginning of the round. I'm guessing it will avoid low punches in either stance.

13. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Agreed that [2]+[K] isn't her strong point...there are better moves to use if you want to poke. A few fun flowcharts can come come out of the back turn though. One I use sometimes is turn around, [K]+[G] (thank god this is mid), and usually you can tack on a [P][P][P][2]+[K] or a similar variant. It probably won't be used too much in an intense match though, but the CPU falls for it all the time.

14. Llanfair

[ QUOTE ]
    Yamcha said:

.. A few fun flowcharts can come come out of the back turn though. One I use sometimes is turn around, [K]+[G] (thank god this is mid),

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's not completely bad, and the blind fighting is nice. Just so you know, you only need to hit [K] to get her TT mid-kick...[K]+[G] works, but it's not necessary /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Various Followups

Various things I found interesting with Pai, these were also in VF4 version C but also work in Evo.

After the [6][6][K] I notice that [3][3][6][P] will float the opponent even if the opponent is not MC. I wonder if there are other stagger moves that would lead to her [3][3][6][P] to launch without being MC.

Sway Step [K]+[G] MC launches. Follow that with her string [P] followup then [6][6][P][K] or [K][K]. I found this pretty useful especially since Sway Step [K]+[G],[P] does not allow any guaranteed counter when block.

16. Jui

Jui Well-Known Member

Re: Various Followups

I was doing Pai's [4][6][P]+[G] and [6][4][P]+[G] throws in training mode yesterday with the computer set to block everything and I realised that [9][K][K] was blocked everytime. However I realised if you do a [K] after the [6][4][P]+[G] throw your opponent will always get hit and you can followup with a [6][6][P][K] for some nifty damage... even to Jeffery. However I seem to see people just do the [9][K][K] variant. I wonder why?

Couldn't do much after the [4][6][P]+[G] throw though.

17. Llanfair

Re: Various Followups

[ QUOTE ]
    Wyrd said:

I was doing Pai's [4][6][P]+[G] and [6][4][P]+[G] throws in training mode yesterday with the computer set to block everything and I realised that [9][K][K] was blocked everytime. However I realised if you do a [K] after the [6][4][P]+[G] throw your opponent will always get hit and you can followup with a [6][6][P][K] for some nifty damage... even to Jeffery. However I seem to see people just do the [9][K][K] variant. I wonder why?
    Couldn't do much after the [4][6][P]+[G] throw though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The swallow kicks cannot be blocked if you do them faster. The reason the CPU is blocking them after f,b+P+G is because you're being a bit too slow. Try buffering them in a bit quicker and they'll hit. Doing a K is not a bad option, however the opponent can duck the K if they know you're going to do it - as well as Aoi can reverse the K from behind.

As far as followups to her b,f+P+G are concerned, I almost always do P --> throw. About half the time I'll get lucky and get a back-throw (guaranteed KPK on everyone, btw) which is nice. If the opponent starts to duck the throw or reverses it, I switch to P --> uf+KK.

Don't forget that surprise exchange like throws almost always force the opponent to struggle and guard making them great opportunities to setup a charge attack (bff+P+K or df+PK) for more mind games...

[ QUOTE ]
    akai said:

After the ff+K I notice that FC,f+P will float the opponent even if the opponent is not MC. I wonder if there are other stagger moves that would lead to her FC,f+P to launch without being MC.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great way to inflict damage, in fact there are a few combos that will total more than 100 points with this kind of setup. Unfortunately, a baby could struggle the ff+K well enough to block the FC,f+P. Bummer, I know, but still something to try from time to time if people get lazy. You can get the same float from her upknife when the opponent staggers or crumples from anything really - bokutai --> P+K, for example.