1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution: PAL Release Information

Discussion in 'Console' started by replicant, Mar 7, 2003.

1. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

2. MechaShiva

MechaShiva Well-Known Member

If it goes to Europe it has to come here don't you think???
    Let's pray!!!!!!!!

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Europe is strange - they get a lot of stuff that for some reason or other doesn't show up in North America. Shining Soul, FV2, Shenmue 2, among others. At least nowadays Europe is starting to get noticed and respected as a viable market by the major game companies.

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yeah, its been decent being a euro only gamer lately.

5. replicant

Yeah, I'm not a euro gamer myself, but it's good to see you guys are getting some better and less problematic ports. Now if only you guys could make a good Hurling or Rugby game and release it stateside. At least I still have my good F1 games. GoGo Kimi!!!

6. wasted

wasted Well-Known Member

it's like Shemue II all over again,,, import the UK version.... I'm curious to know how much English is the Japanese version in the game cause if the NA version never comes out then i will get the UK version

7. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Yeah it's great we're getting VF4E but it's not always great being a european gamer-we had to wait 18 months for final fantasty 10!! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Not that long, too bad it was released eventualy.

9. replicant

10. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/virtuafighter4evolution/screenindex.html

The above links sport 3 pics of the European version... maybe...

Notice in the pic below that there is not the japanese characters next to the names.

[​IMG]

These images pretty much has got the hopes up for me.

Should I import a PAL PS2? NO WAY!

Hopefully, SOA will confirm an N/A release, so I can stop contemplating getting another import PS2. I know I started the speculation that it might not see the light of day in N/A, but this news gives hope.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    Catch22 said:

Notice in the pic below that there is not the japanese characters next to the names.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's probably because they're playing with "no card".

12. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

Shoot Myke, you're right. I thought only the custom name went away without a file or card. Once I see a pic of EVO with english where there'd normally be Japanese text, I'll sleep easier.

13. LM_Akira

Well things are finally starting to look good.Any one know of a date as of yet?

14. LM_Akira

Err there is a date now.It's out 27th of June I've just pre-ordered my copy. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. skam

skam New Member

not really on topic, but does anyone know if the pal version of VF4 (not evo) had a proper conversion from NTSC or has a 60hz mode?

cheers.

16. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

It's actually releasing before the NTSC version. Knowing Sega and their history of good PAL conversions I would say it's likely.

17. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yes
    pal vf4 offered a choice of either 50 or 60 hz

18. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:
    Knowing Sega and their history of good PAL conversions I would say it's likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

are u crazy man, did u ever play PAL daytona.

19. replicant

Daytona was almost 10 years ago. Things have changed since then. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

20. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

yeah u would think that but it aint changed that much we still get shoddy conversions.