1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Sarah Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I beat and lost to many Sarah's, with all of my characters. I wouldn't say she's stronger or weaker either way, but she's definitely got some new stuff, most of which are either leading into or out of flamingo, as everyone knows.

She definitely has a new throw, which does quite a bit of damage, and has a guaranteed [3][K] afterwards. The command, if I'm not mistaken, is [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G]. Involves some punching and kicking -- very kewl looking.

Very noticeable is a high kick she has the leads into the flamingo. They did a good job designing this, as it's very natural looking.

Unfortunately, her one move into the Flamingo ( [6][P]+[K][P]?) is still sabaki, and got me a couple of times.

She still has her rising knee.

Have not seen any items yet.

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

First let me say thank you for going to all this trouble to give us the latest info. The new throw sounds great, would you say it's better looking than her Gatling Kick Beat ([8][4][2][6][P]+[G] or [2][4][2][6][P]+[G] from Flamingo)?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Very noticeable is a high kick she has the leads into the flamingo. They did a good job designing this, as it's very natural looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this be the new improved Spin Kick ([K]+[G]) that now hits high instead of mid?

Unfortunately, her one move into the Flamingo ([6][P]+[K][P]?) is still sabaki, and got me a couple of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarah doesn't posses such a command for any technique (Pre Evolution). Since you've mentioned that this move is still a sabaki I'm assuming that you're referring to her Hide Side Kick which is the only sabaki she has outside of her Flamingo stance (Again pre Evolution) that also enters the Flamingo and which is performed via [P]+[K].

Cheers.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Interesting...is there any news on any improved/new low attacks for sarah?

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Does she need any more? She already has a good amount of low moves:

[3][K]+[G] Is a sweep. Regardless of what some may think of it's start up, when it hits the opponent falls over.

<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[2][K]+[G], again another sweep and a great move within the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> stance. In conjunction with other techniques it can be a powerful tool in crucial moments.

<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[2][K], Any decent Sarah user will use this move. Not only for it's poking ability and as another way to confuse your opponent but for the hit-throw that can be followed after it hits. Do a little damage with the other kicks in the stance than finish with <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[2][K](hit)[P]+[G] for an extra 35 points (50 in total) of damage.

And those who have seen the VF4 Evolution clips will know that she has a new Low Kick-High Kick which takes her into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>. So now she can enter the stance at any height:

High:

[3][P][K]
    [K]+[G]
    [3][K][K][K]
    X=The new move low-high kick.

Mid:

[4][K]
    [4][P]+[K]
    [P]+[K]

Low:

X=The new move low-high kick.

Off topic, but no, she doesn't need a new low move but I'd gladly take anything they want to add to her repertoire. As I said in another post I'm more concerned for her mid level strategy as her [K]+[G] which was once a reliable mid crescent with good range, speed and priority now hits high leaving her midsection open to quick mid hitting characters (Lion, Akira and Jacky). Heaven forbid if the player controlling them are good dodgers...

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Another thing, do you know if they've tweaked her <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K][K][K]+[G]? It's the one move that I use less than her [2][K]+[G] (Which only comes out when I panic while trying to do [3][K]+[G]). It's just not worth the risk, I've got a <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[8][K] or <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[2][K]+[G] out of it but there are far more damaging strategies if you had the time to get away with it. More height (therefore time) would be perfect.

6. GaijinPunch

again, as I don't use her, I can't say specifically. I lost and won a fair amount of games with her, as I usually do. She didn't seem to be too tweaked up or down, although she can go into & out of her flamingo in different ways.

Her new throw doesn't do as much damage as the Gatling (which hasn't been changed as far as I know) but is a pretty hefty throw.

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll take whatever I can get.

8. Shadowdean

her [K][G] attack change to high I can already see being a hinderance...wonder if she has any other moves that will make up for it?

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Yes. [8]/[6][K]+[G] just doesn't cut it sometimes, you'd think they were crescents by their animation but they're not and, while [2_](while rising)[K]+[G] can be ducked and takes too much time straight off the bat you have to pin your opponent with the charged version or get them to panic and freeze (which doesn't work over a certain level). As far as we know she no longer has a far reaching kick that keeps her where she is and deals with dodgers. This I fear might be the price for her improved flow into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>.

Her attacking power has been boosted no doubt about that but once her opponent gets a chance to go on the offensive you'll have to let them get much closer before you can produce any counter measures unless you enter the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> but that's brittle, so your first move has to give you back control of the round otherwise you've wasted your chance to run ([9][P]) or let your opponent screw up. [K]+[G] was not a move I used a lot but I was secure in the knowledge that I knew where it was and how it worked,

10. GaijinPunch

Well, if it's any consolation, I'd say that Sarah is the most used character for the beta tests. I've yet to see one of her items though. I got jacked up by one today -- it was a TERRIBLE day for me.

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that GaijinPunch (nothing worse then blowing your credits prematurely). It's good to hear that players are using her over there. I hope some of these people stick with her and create a name for themselves like Chibita did for Lion.

Do you know if she has any new <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> moves at all?

12. GaijinPunch

I would say she does, but didn't really see any. Most people were sticking to the usual, which I hate. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Honestly, I'm not so sure having someone create a name for Sarah would be good. I think Chibita has fucked the bell curve for Lion players. I mean think about it - Lion has no cheap sure fire attack, or really good mid-starting combo. I wonder if Chibita wasn't around if they'd make him a bit stronger. There's really no other Lion even close to his level.

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I hope some of these people stick with her and create a name for themselves like Chibita did for Lion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hope at all?..since VF2...every character has been fairly represented by many that has been able to rumble with the best...there's shu..then bunbun..then kyasao..then chibita..then shinjuku..then ikekuburo sarah->muscles sarah->blue pai->Kashiwa Jeff(who's retired /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif ) etc etc etc

endless list seriously.

just because ACT or Daioh don't show em doesn't mean they aren't there.

and FWIW...Sarah in Ver C is extremely powerful (I'm not alone in this)....I disagree with ur TFT statements and ur views abt Sarah being disadvantaged (since the very begining of u starting to post here)

(yah i know..it belongs to another post...but I am trying to save space ^^)

Oh but what the hell...each to his own views...
    disagree-yup
    accept ur views-yup
    I
    BTW...I reeeeeeaaaalllyyy like her new 'item' hairstyle in VF4E!!!

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Well Chibita is human so though he has tremendous insight it's not impossible for someone else to become acomplished. I agree that if no one used Lion like Chibita then they would have tweaked him more but if he (Chibita) can win then the character has merit unless you believe that Chibita is so good that he'd transcend any character's flaws to beat anyone else.

I sure hope there are more <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> moves, there are still some gaps in the stance and the <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K][K][K]+[G] needs to be tweaked or replaced by something more viable. Not even a new move, I've always wished AM2 would take a page out of Namco's book with regard to Soul Calibur. Take how that game deal with stances, holding or tapping the button differentiates between staying and switching stances. Imagine Sarah could get into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> via holding [K]. You could have: [K](hold)<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K]<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[6][K](hold)[1][K][4][K]<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[8][K] etc. That alone would make my day (it'd bring a tear to my eye even /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif).

SummErs. Yes I except that each episode has had a celebrity and it's a shame that Ikekuburo and Muscles don't get the same air play, but that's why I want to hear of someone new who is good enough to get that recognition. Or would you say that Daioh and CO are just biased?

Sarah's hair, yes! I think it's good too (as you can tell).Yes lets leave the TFT stuff to the other thread (I'm through with it anyway). To each his own indeed.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Not bias...
    The only conclusion is...they don't go to Daioh to play.
    Daioh is an arcade after all.

The rest of the crew that I mentioned appear pretty much in whatever resources I've laid my hands on.

Barring the retired fighters of coz /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Shadowdean

What I would love for sarah to have in the flamingo stance is a head or stomach crumple move.

17. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

She already has the Guard Crush Sword (<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[6][K]) which can give you almost anything you want especially if it hits. And the Leg Slicer ([2][K]+[G]) gives a foot crumble on an MC (I usually follow with [3][K]+[G] [3][K] but [4][K] is possible though I doubt you could scrape a <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[8][K]) which isn't something I use at all. I don't think she needs it with her speed and priority.

What I would like is the Tornado Kick ([9][K]+[G]) to be a guard crush. You can see it a mile away, it hits high and the max damage you can get is only 30 which is guaranteed from her more commonly used techniques ([6][K], [1][K] and [4][K]+[G]). If you were successful then it would be a float followed by the combo of your choice.

BTW, I looked at the Evolution promo video again and I noticed that Sarah's Knee ([6][K]) is intact as she performs it against Akira in his stage during the explanation of the Mission Mode. Whether this will change in the finished version is anyone's guess. It's good that she still has it (a quick, strong middle hitting move that instantly registers) but I was looking forward to something new like Jacky, I hope she has her Dash Knee ([6][6][K]) I love that move for the sheer violence factor (speed and range too, though you have to know it's limits).

18. GaijinPunch

19. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That's a low blow mate....I was expecting in game shots. Though, I do like the colour scheme. Sarah's 2P costume makes her feet look so big (imo). Anyway, Thank you GaijinPunch but I await more tasteful information /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

20. GaijinPunch

Hehe. VF is no fun w/o a sense of humor!
    Anyways, STILL no items for Sarah, although the players are there -- good ones too. I only got one win in today, w/ Aoi - against a Sarah. There's really no scrubs playing, only relatively high level people.

I've never been good w/ Sarah's Flamingo. I don't know if it's stronger now, but I was in the final round w/ one, and ahead, and he came back and toasted me w/ the Flamingo. Overall, I really think some of her attacks take off too much damage.