1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Sarah Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Well I didn't say the picture wasn't apreciated... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

The downside to the <font color="Pink">Flamingo</font color> is that it's fragile. One well placed attack and she will be knocked out of it combined with the fact that she can't block and be in the stance at the same time so you have to work at getting her safely back in it again. Due to the nature of the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> you're going to be attacking so when you do get hit it will probably be an MC. Agreed, someone with enough confidence and knowledge can really batter you with it but you have to know what you're doing.

Players soon catch on if the first thing you do every time you enter the stance is <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[8][K]. Some people may get impatient and eat it (Somersault Kick) with it's amazing priority and speed but once you do it so many times you'll be blocked and punished. It's not like her most powerful attacks from the stance just pop out either, <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K]'s priority aside, landing a Gatling Kick Beat (<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[8][4][2][6][P]+[G] or [2][4][8][6][P]+[G] which is the Mother-load) or any other catch/hit throw especially the Neck Cut Slash (<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K]+[G](hit)[P]+[G]) takes timing (with regard to the former an understanding of buffering) and a knowledge of spacing in relation to your opponent. You can use the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> to score a quick <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K][K][K]/[2][K] but if you're not using the above throws or the rest of her kicks (<font color="pink">FL:</font color>[6][K], [6][K]+[G], [2][K]+[G] and [8]/[2][P]+[K]) then you're not using her properly.

Nothing comes easy for Sarah, you have to work constantly. The only time you can initiate a move in complete confidence is during a float. But when things do go your way there's nothing like it in my opinion.

GaijinPunch, if it's possible could you ask one of those Sarah players if she does have a few new techniques from the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>. A curt yes or no would be fine. And her new [K]+[G], the kick that hits high now instead of mid and goes into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>, can you recall how it looked?

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Looks like Sara has yet another throw. In addition to her new [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G] she's got another that involves her putting her log on the opponent and then throwing them. Didn't look like it was from the Flamingo. LIke the Lion throw, I only saw this once. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers GaijinPunch! You've made my day. Sarah's throw game sounds so much stronger now. Though she's never really needed it imo this increased variety really even outs her weakness. Before VF4 all her throws could be escaped by either [6] or [4] and [P]+[G]. When she got [6][1][P]+[G] things got a little easier.

Even if the latest throw's escape command is more of the same, it's still another technique to her repertoire which now makes a total of eight front throws (EVO included so far...) from her regular stance if you count her [9][P]+[G] Catch throw. Excellent.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

No problemo. Just wish I new the commands so we'd know how many total escapes there are for Sarah.

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

The following was provided thanks to LeoT.

New <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> activators:

[8][K] (Mid)
    [3][K][K] (Mid, Mid)
    [6][P]+[K][P][K] (High)
    [K]+[G] (Mid)
    [1][K]+[G][K] (Low, High)

New Moves from Regular Stance:

[8][K] (High)
    [6][P]+[K] (High)
    [6][P]+[K][P] (High, High)
    [6][P]+[K][P][K] (High, High, High)
    [6][K]+[G] (Mid)
    [1][K]+[G] (Low)
    [1][K]+[G][K] (Low, High)

New Throws from Regular Stance:

[4][P]+[G]
    [8][4][2][6]/[2][4][8][6][P]+[G]

The above is very interesting. For starters, [8][K] is a brand new move. The [9][K] version of the Full Spin Heel Kick is unchanged so it should be used like the original rather than a long ranged variant, which by the way can now be reversed by Aoi.

The Illusion Kick ([3][K][K]) hits mid and now also goes into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>. Because of this I'm going to assume that the Mirage Kick and the Illusion variants ([3][K][K][K], [3][K][K][4]/[6][K]) are gone as any command entered after [3][K][K] would then be considered within the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>. Illusion Kick left Sarah at a -14 frame disadvantage when it hit, I hope this has been improved to give her a chance when she enters the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>.

[6][P]+[K][P][K] is a new combo that takes you into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> at high level. The properties of each individual move of the combo other then their attack heights are unknown. But it's great to see some high attack moves for some much needed level variety.

The Spin Kick ([K]+[G]) still hits mid so I'm hoping that it's still a crescent. Whether it knocks down like before or inflicts adequate stun like Jacky's I don't know.

[1][K]+[G][K] is the new "high-low" kick we saw in the Evo trailer. Unfortunately this mean that the Side Hook Kick is gone which was a weak but fast and high priority kick that was good for whiffing close ranged attacks. This new combo provides Sarah with variety while entering the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>.

The initial low kick ([1][K]+[G]) doesn't seem to knock down, this could be different on an MC. The second following [K] of the combo is what takes her into the stance so the low kick can be used separately, plus, since the low kick recovers high she is safe from low throws too.

The Step Round Kick ([6][K]+[G]) has been replaced by another mid kick. Since it was only a variant of [8][K]+[G] I won't miss it much but it did travel a fair distance and gave Sarah that option much like the Full Spin Heal Kick varaints ([8]/[9][K]) pre Evo. Again, the properties of this new move are unknown.

The Lightning Knee Smash ([4][P]+[G]) has been replaced by a new throw which pleases me as it has to be stronger then a pitiful 43 pts. Besides, is gives added emphasis to the wall throw (Quadrupple Knee Smash) which reflects the true results of such a vicious looking throw.

I'm guessing that the [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G] thow that GaijinPunch spoke of during the Evo testing phase is in fact the new [8][4][2][6]/[2][4][8][6][P]+[G] called "Sweet Spin".

All in all I'd say Sarah has gained more flair in terms of her technique. I've always considered her Jeet Kune Do tighter then her brother's loose style with all his homage's to Bruce Lee. But, the removal of variant type moves and the the addition of more <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> activators from commonly used techniques has closed the gap between her regular stance and the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> to enforce the relationship between the two stances.

6. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

Spin Kick [K]+[G] should be a Up attack rather than a Mid attack. It's the clerical mistake of the magazine.

7. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

Adio:

More info for you, Sarah-lover.

- [9][K] unchanged
    - [3][K][K][K] gone
    - [3][K][K] [4]/[6][K] gone
    - [6][P]+[K][P][K] is a combo hit, called Storm Combination, the last [K] is delayable; It is cancellable by pressing [G]; Once cancelled, it goes to Flamingo stance, otherwise stay put as regular stance
    - [1][K]+[G][K] is called Valkyrie Sword (but I don't know what it means), a combo hit has well.

There are also "changes" of the following moves but don't know what, probably animation changes:
    - Combo Scare Crow [P][P][P][8][K] (Up, Up, Up, Mid)
    - Jack Knife Middle Kick [2][K][K] (Low, Mid)
    - Quick Knee [6][K] (Mid)
    - Middle Kick [3][K] (Mid)
    - Mirage Kick [3][K][K] (Mid, Mid, Flamingo activator)
    - Dragon Smash Cannon[3][3][K] (Mid) (Command Change)
    - Serpent Toekick [2][P]+[K] (Mid)
    - Serpent Smash Cannon [2][P]+[K][K]
    - Spinning Scare Crow [K]+[G] (Up attack now, Flamingo activator)
    - Raising Knee [2_][6][K]+[G] (Mid) (Command Change)
    - Crescent Heel [4][K]+[G] (Mid)
    - Tornado Kick [9][K]+[G] (High*)
    - (Flamingo) [2][P]+[K] (Mid)
    - (Flamingo) [8][P]+[K] (Mid)

Note: Sweet Spin becomes the 2nd most power throw of Sarah's.

Suggested Combos: Dargon Smash-> High Kick Straight -> Double Join Bat; [3][3][K]->[K][P]->[6][P][K]

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Thanks again LeoT. This is a bloody revelation! There's so much to digest...

[6][P]+[K][P][K] sounds very useful, especially the final delayable [K]. The fact that you have a choice to enter the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> too is also a good thing. Hopefully the recovery of the final [K] will be admirable.

With regard to [1][K]+[G][K], "Valkyrie" relates to Norse mythology (Vikings) and were handmaidens of Odin (Norse chief God) who'd hover over battlefields and choose which warriors would be victorious, and guide heroic souls to Valhalla (the afterlife). They're sort of like angels of death.

On to the Changes:

With a little luck this Combo Scare Crow means they've got rid of that foolish Jump Kick. Isn't it possible for her to have one out of her three [P][P][P][K] combos where she doesn't leave the ground? Fingers crossed.

[2][K][K] Jackknife Kick now hits Low?! There goes a magnificent poke and my round opener of choice... The fact that it hits Low is of little conciliation to me though, I'd guess it wouldn't leave Sarah in a position to be Low thrown. Still, it's a big change.

I'm guessing that the Quick Knee is some sort of short range "Quick Knee" like Lion's or Jeffrey's. It will probably be good for close range pokes and whiffing incoming attacks. Where this leaves the old Double Step Knee ([6][K][3][K]) I don't know but it wasn't much of trick and it didn't allow Sarah to follow through. Besides, anything the Knee could do the Dragon Smash Cannon could do better.

[3][K], I was thinking about this last night. Sarah's side kicks had horrible recovery. Their saving grace was their speed, length and options though, those were pretty weak with the exception of the Low Kick variant (now gone). They should beef up the Middle Kick, it only did a measly 10 pts of damage, left you at a -14 frame disadvantage on a block with a -9 frame disadvantage if it hit.

Of course you should have always followed through with the second [K] to make the Illusion Kick for an extra 14 pts but even that was worse as you'd then have be at -16 or -14 frame disadvantage, blocked or hit respectively. You were screwed anyway so that extra 14 pts could have made the difference.

With the Mirage Kick now replacing the Illusion Kick ([3][K][K]) I'd say that the second [K] is now stronger. That it's a <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> means that it must give Sarah an advantage or a 50/50 chance. The hit level doesn't help though, before your opponent would have to change reversal heights all the way through (Mid, High, High/Mid/Low), Now they can just smash db[P]+[K] and hope for the best. With a little luck the Middle Kick will have retained it's speed.

Dragon Smash Cannon Is now [3][3][K]!!!!! There goes my lightning reaction last ditch float attempt that lets me win the match by a hair's breadth... Of course it was an abuseable move before so I guess they want to make it harder to do. The [3][3] motion also means you'll be moving forward to execute it so this bodes well for combos that require you to be as close as possible. Players will either adapt or loose.

Serpent Toe Kick ([2][P]+[K]) with a little luck this will have more range the previous version which was an absolute bother to hit with if you weren't point blank with your opponent. The Serpent Smash Cannon ([2][P]+[K][K]) sounds like it goes straight into a Dragon Smash Cannon which should bode well for float combos.

Spinning Scare Crow is the name of the Spin Kick ([K]+[G]) replacement. The title alone suggests that it's a crescent and some sort of variant of the Combo Scare Crow or visa versa. Because it's a <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> activator it must have good properties. It's attack level means that it won't be hard to duck, so making it a crescent would be a very nice touch.

Raising Knee is now [2_][6][K]+[G]. Like the Dragon Cannon Smash it's just been made harder to do in the heat of the moment with is a good thing for this move as it was easily executed when you wanted something else. I'll get use to it.

Crescent Heel has replaced the Spin Edge Kick ([4][K]+[G]) which isn't really bad as all in all the Spin Heel Sword ([7][K]+[G]) is a better move for slamming the opponent ( Spin Edge Kick was faster but weaker and slower to recover when blocked at -10 frames while the Spin Heel Sword has longer range, recovers at only -6 frames, has combo potential and an uncanny way of dodging low rising attacks if timed right.)

Again, the title of the Crescent Heel speaks of it's nature so this should be a decent replacement to the old Spin Kick if it has good speed and distance. so she still has a move to keep the opponent at bay which will be hard to dodge and can't be ducked.

Tornado Kick ([9][K]+[G]). My love hate relationship with this move stretches back to VF2. Back in the day this kick could really leave it's mark when it hit. Nowadays, it's damage is distance dependant (the more the better) and even then it only score 30pts at optimum range. For such a hard to hit move It's pathetic, I hope they improve the animation so you at least have a chance and it's no longer some sort of novelty move you try in a last ditch attempt to catch a reversal happy Aoi out with.

<font color="pink">Flamingo</font color>: [8]/[2][P]+[K] (Side Neck Cut Sword) have probably be reanimated. Hopefully they still guarantee a <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[3][P][K] when they hit and they've fixed the problem of Sarah sometimes facing away from the opponent if she misses or attacks at an angle (really annoying).

Conclusion:

Where should I start. My Sarah game will have to go through a serious overhaul in some departments. Float combo wise not much will have changed at all, despite it's new command the Dragon Smash Cannon should be no different and I'm sure the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> will be fine too. But, it's Sarah's ground game that will be completely alien. Jackknife Kick is gone as a high priority mid level poke, Knee has been tweaked, how I don't know but it won't be able to be used like it was before meaning that [3][3][K] will always be the prime float tool.

Middle Kick will hopefully be improved as it will be used more as a single move as the second [K] goes into the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> (no more Illusion Kick or variants for guessing games). Then you have all these new kicks which properties I don't know yet. Still, Sarah seems to have all her heights covered and still has a Mid crescent (maybe two) and has retained the majority of her unique tricks like the low attack dodging power of [9][K] and [8][K]+[G]

Double Joint Butt ([6][P][K]) is still there along with Elbow Side Chop so she hasn't lost any real key moves except the Jackknife Kick which now bizarrely hits Low (I'm keen to see the animation). The lack of a super quick, decent range/recovery Mid kick is what I see as Sarah's main problem now (the new moves are an unknown quantity) which seems to force you to look for alternatives in the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> to out prioritise the enemy (thank god for <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[K])

With regard to attack heights I say she's better then before. The first part of the ValKyrie Sword ([1][K]+[G]) should make a good standing low poke along with the new Jackknife Kick. Coupled with the Low Spin Kick ([3][K]+[G]) and the Leg Slicer ([2][K]+[G]) she has good low attacks and that's not considering the ones within the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> stance.

The vast majority of her attacks still hit mid but the new Storm Combination ([6][P]+[K][P][K]) and an improved Tornado Kick should make things a little easier at High level. My style is going to change a lot, probably everyone else's too. It will be fun though.

9. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

Hi Adio. Since you're so enthusiastic about my post, so I'll focus more on Sarah and keep you update of Sarah move/command changes in VF4EVO (at least till i've got a job.)

Now I 've more info about Sarah EVO changes with the release of GameWeekly released today. And I want to clarify something in response to your post.

See my next post...

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

LeoT I can't thank you enough. Don't take this the wrong way but I hope you don't get a job until EVO is released here in the UK /versus/images/icons/wink.gif You're just too valuable an informant, I'll accept any information you're gracious enough to share.

With the exception of the news GaijinPunch has given Sarah info is like gold dust. Cheers.

11. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

Reply to Adio:

a) Recovery time of Storm Combination (([6][P]+[K][P][K]): no info

b) "Valkyrie": Thank for your detailed explanation. But why the kick-combo is called Valkyrie Sword? I couldn't figure it out.

c) Combo Rising Knee ([P][P][P][K]) and Combo Somersault Kick ([P][P][7]/[4][P][K]): Still exist and seem no change in EVO. That is, she has to jump eventually. But the latest news is, Combo Scare Crow ([P][P][P][8][K]), according to Game Weekly rather than DreamMaga, will lead to FLAMINGO automatically. Hence, this is the only 4-hit combo leaves her on the ground.

d) Jackknife Kick ([2][K]): Still Mid attack, no worry. As to Jackknife Mid Kick ([2][K][K]), according to GameWeekly, the hit level is low (1st) then mid (2nd).

e) Double Step Knee, Illusion Jack Knife, Illusion Low Kick, Illusion Kick, Side Hook Kick, Step Round Kick, Spin Heel Kick: all gone.

f) Quick Knee ([6][K]): Counter Hit - no float effect; Normal Hit - certain advantage; Blocked - no assured counter attack move;

g) Somersault Kick: [7][K] or [7][K]+[G]

And ...

12. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

h) Mid Kick ([3][K]): According to DreamMaga, it says it's getting stronger by itself and combo variants (Mirage Kick then Flamingo). Judging from the photo, Sarah has its mid kick staggering Jacky (in red flash, probably a counter hit)

i) Dragon Smash Cannon is more powerful for maneuver now since you could dash forward to avoid high/mid hit and start the combo.

j) Serpent series Kick: no info

l) Spining Scare Crow: Blocked - little stunned time;

m) Mirage Kick ([3][K][K]): 1st[K] - if Blocked, no ensured counter attack move; Otherwise, Flamingo follows the 2nd [K]

And ...

13. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

n) Rising Knee Double, Rising Knee Combo: Still Exists but command changes as [2_][6][K]+[G][K] and [2_][6][K]+[G].[K] (But I think you must have guessed it right already!)

o) Crescent Heel, Tornado Kick: no info

p) Prime float tools: You're right as DMC is also suggested by the Japanese DreamMaga editor as the prime float tools. Air combo recommendations (might not be correct due to translation): (for light users) [3][3][K]->[6][K][P]->[3][3][K] (if alternate footstep positions, then [7][K]). (Without considering footsteps, but high rising enough) [3][3][K]->[K][P]->[6][P][K]

And ...

14. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

q) Other Air combo suggestion:
    i) (A conservative choice): [3][3][K]~[6][K][K];
    ii) [4][P]+[K] (Down trigger),[1][K]+[G][K]~(Flamingo)[8][K]

r) Startup suggestion:
    i)[P]~(Trigger counter hit) [6][P]~(Counter hit confirmed, opponent staggered) [6][P][K]
    ii) Confuse your opponent by the mix of [6][P][P] and [6][P][K] (i.e. the mix of up and mid attack) But to use it wisely with DELAY; If low guarded, break it with [6][P][K], then two choices are given: First: throw him; Second, [3][3][K] him

s) New names for new moves:
    - [6][P]+[K]: Freeze Shot
    - [6][P]+[K][P]: Wind Knuckle
    - [8][K]: Feather Scare Crow
    - [6][K]+[G]: Spin Heel Sword
    - [1][K]+[G]: Valkyrie Low

t) [4][P]+[G] (Mermaid ?): (Lightning Knee Smash gone) ; if Hit, Little Down attack ensured; total damage about 50.

15. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

Anybody having watched the EVO promotion vid know what combos Sarah has used knocking Jacky down in that beach stage? Please drop a line.

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

It's great to hear that the Combo Scare Crow ([P][P][P][8][K]) enters the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> like it's [K]+[G] variant. As a <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> activator it's guaranteed to have good recovery plus, it stays on the ground too! So long Jump Kick, I won't shed a single tear!

With regard to the Jackknife Kick I'm quite confused. If it ([2][K]) does in fact hit Mid then how could the Jackknife Mid Kick ([2][K][K]) combo hit Low then Mid as it's only a continuation of the former move (Jackknife Kick). Does the Jackknife Kick have some sort or swing animation where it hits Low first then rises up to Mid level?

Quick Knee ([6][K]) does indeed sound like a poke type move. No floating properties but it recovers quick enough (hence it's name) to be safe even if blocked, I'm not complaining. I wonder what options are available after a hit or even a MC with it's alleged advantages.

Also, in some of the combos you described:

(for light users) [3][3][K], [6][K][P], [3][3][K]. Does this mean that there is a punch type move that follows the Quick Knee or is it just a regular punch? I'm guessing because there's no gap.

(A conservative choice) [3][3][K], [6][K][K]. Like the above example it appears as the Quick Knee also has a kick attack available following it.

Cheers for the new move names, they all sound really cool especially the Wind Knuckle ([6][P]+[K][P]), I always wished Sarah would get a unique punch technique. I hope the Freeze Shot ([6][P]+[K]) Is a punch too (for varieties sake).

Somersault Kick is either [7][K] or [7][K]+[G]?! I'm very curious about the new Somersault Kick variant, what does it do etc. Interesting indeed.

So Middle Kick ([3][K]) has been rightly upgraded, good news. No more crap frame disadvantages for such an important move. decent power, recovery and the Mirage Kick ([3][K][K]) is just as safe being a <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> activator. The only problem is the same reversal level for both kicks.

When I saw the first part of your latest report (post one part G) I was crushed as I thought the new Somersault Kick ([7][K]+[G]) had replaced the Spin Heel Sword but, in fact it's only had a command change to [6][K]+[G]. It's a great move (for reasons I've already mentioned) and to me it is a Bryant trademark technique (like the Somersault Kick, Leg Slicer, Soccer Kick etc).

The new command means that it can be used more aggressively, a problem it had before in my opinion as I found I used it more as a counter for aggressive opponents when I was on the defensive. But, because of it's combo potential it was much harder to follow through as I usually hit my opponent with the very tip of Sarah's heel, no more.

Cheers LeoT, the cheques in the mail /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

17. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

[GENERAL]

I've just back from the arcade (HKTime 2:20 a.m.) and there are still a lot of VF fans playing the first EVO game released today in HK. Here, the arcade often opens privately/illegally to these VF fans for a private tournament party after mid-nite. (The law is, all arcade has to be close by 12:00 a.m.) Here we've also have the card machine, the first time - so the competition is so tense.

EVO has a lot changes. First, no more UNREALISTIC MOVE. The argument that the ANIMATION OF TEKKEN series is above VF series does not take ground any more (My view is, it is the first time I think VF EVO wins over TK4 as real-time free-composite 3D animation to pre-rendered sequencing 3D animation). No more silly jump or jump attack. Now, the roundhouse (360 degree) jump attack like Jacky's is so realistically high, and animation-correct. Every move I see in VF4 EVO is so realistic to Tekken-ish even though it's exaggerative (from TK fan perspective). I have to clarify, I'm a VF fan since VF1.

Second, about the expectation. The visual changes (in color, stage background reformation [with more depth], remade animation, new moves) all surprise the audience. (The HEAVY raining Great Wall stage is so marvellous. Never have I visualized it in realtime 3D) . I'd like to describe my surprise almost as first-time experiencing VF3, VF2 or VF1. AM2 has borrowed a lot of work from DOA3 and Tekken 4.

[COLOR]
    The overall color tune has changed a lot, quite Tekken-ish, probably to attract the mass public who's biased towards TK series in PS.

[ANIMATION]
    The entire animation has been remade and become very fluid, a bit strange initially. Now, there are great move animation changes for some characters to my observation - they are Pai, Jacky and Sarah. Those animation are more DOA-like, TK-like or more realistic. For example, Wolf has a new down attack like King, another like DOA Tina. Kage has a wall-throw like the girl ninja of King of Fighters. Brad moves like Tekken's Steve Fox. Pai attacks like Tekken's Ling XiaoYu. Akira's back-forth jumpy move start likes a tempting move of TK's Law.

[NEW AKIRA]
    Other than Jacky, quite a few Akira players practice the back and forth foot movement of Akira. It is so amazing to see two Akira moving back and forth in turns. So agile Akira becomes.

[A NEW SARAH]
    I, myself, is a TK3 Hwoarang fan , and obviously notice that Sarah is so much as Tekken's Hwoarang except that she does not have his typical machine-gun/blizzard kicks. But her throw is now well-animated as some of his Tae Kwon Do throw variants.

Now Sarah, its standing post, punches are very much like Jacky/or Jekundo-look. While her full set of kick attacks are nothing but TK4 Hwoarang's Tae Kwon Do , but much agile, well integrated and fast. For example, she has a move like Hwoarang's Noise Breeder in TK3. She's really a mix of TKD and JKD.

[A NEW JACKY]
    Jacky is too perfect to be a nightmare to everybody. No weakpoints! In particular, the move outlook is so big that a number of adept players couldn't get used to them, for example, Jacky, whose regular moves are so different that let him win 30 rounds in a row, eventually lost to Sarah, (Never have I watched The Sarah win over The Jacky in HK during VF4 era). Their comment is, the new animation confuses their judgement.

All in all, Jacky , now is so lightning fast as Bruce Lee and powerful that it makes Jacky to be a winning char (of course, that Jacky is the first-runner-up of HK VF4 contest). People are scare to be blank point against Jacky even Akira. It's only Pai or Sarah who's agile enough to counter him by 2-3. Just to tell you that these players (at least 7) have been interviewed by Famitsu as HK VF4 representatives, they are on par with adept Tokyo players. All and all, the new Jekundo-look is so confusing to the opponent.

So, I believe Pai/Sarah/Jacky-lovers have to re-learn/re-adapt their favorites as new characters, to be better.

[RECOVERY TIME]
    I notice that the recovery time of all these agile characters are much shorter than in VF4, at least visually, they are very smoothly integrated. I'll check it out more later. Overally speaking, the agile characters in VF4EVO are a bit faster than in VF4, especially general Sarah moves, by eye.

[UNREALISTIC MOVES]
    In VF4 EVO, UNREALISTIC rising knees seem all be replaced by unfloating quick knees except for Sarah, Kage and Jeffry.

18. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

Adio:

I think I need to practice it a bit next week when major arcades have EVO installed before telling you how the move changes. Those skillful players waited for at least 15-20 minutes to play a set (5 rounds). I don't have a chance!

19. LeoT

LeoT Well-Known Member

There's a comment from adept players I've read from VF4 BBS in HK 5 minutes earlier that EVO Sarah looks powerful than VF4 through the observation of field plays yesterday nite.

20. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That sounds great LeoT. I read your post regarding Sarah's new style looking more like Tae Kwon Do then before, I even dug through my draw to find my copy of TTT so I could see what a "Nose Bleeder" actually looked like. It was a short front kick from the inside that turned the opponent round, I hope such a move exists in her regular stance as she already has such a move in the <font color="pink">Flamingo</font color> (Guard Crush Sword <font color="pink">FL:</font color>[6][K])

I'm really Looking forward to the new animation for Sarah. New moves aside, talk of this new Jeet Kune Do look has really interested me. It's great that Sarah sounds so strong. More fluid looking, fast hitting kicks are music to my ears.