1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4: Evolution Tournament Columbia, SC

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by krayzeejl, Mar 26, 2003.

1. krayzeejl

krayzeejl Well-Known Member

Details for the April 26th Showdown:

Time: 3pm until finished

Entry Fee: $5 collected before regulation play

Event Fee: $8 per tourney

Event Titles: Tekken 4, MvC2, TTT, VF4-Evo, and CvS2
    (possibly GGXX subject to participation)

Rules:
    1. Double elimination
    2. Three rounds per match
    3. Best 2 out of 3
    4. Semifinals is best 3 out of 5 matches
    5. Finals is best 4 out of 7

Rules for T4, VF4-Evo, TTT,GGXX are the same.

Rules for Capcom games will be discussed in an update.

Continue to check this thread, for future updates on rules and more specific details. Everyone interested feel free to post your thoughts and concerns for the tourney on this thread.

I hope we receive some strong competition is from many locations. You have some time to tighten up your game.

Tekken Zaibatsu Link:
    Tournament in Columbia

Shoryuken.com Link:
    Tournament in Columbia

Hopefully we'll have a good turnout... I'll be bringing it up on IRC as well to catch everyone who misses this thread...

2. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

STomp and the hydra van will be back in town by then. We might be able to do another road trip. who knows. Keep us up to date.

3. krayzeejl

Jedi: definitely man... hopefully I got the word out quicker than last time and the weather will be a little bit better so the rest of the ppls will show... also I need to mention this to NY ppl because I heard that they were interested in the last tourney we had in Charleston but didnt hear about it until a few days prior... so I'm going to try my best to get the word out...

4. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    also I need to mention this to NY ppl because I heard that they were interested in the last tourney we had in Charleston but didnt hear about it until a few days prior

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about those NY guys. Y'know, South Carolina is a bit far for them... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. krayzeejl

Llanfair: hey I hear Canada's not that far! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif you should come!

Anyways, I'll be there for sure! I'm gonna try to get TN crew to come as well...

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"South Carolina is a bit far for them... "

yes it is.. hahah
    /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

glad to see you have some sence of humor

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I hope it's a good time /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm sure it would be. As much as I would like to come, it's 3 days before one of my final exams /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Bad timing more than anything. Given enough warning for me to scrounge the correct funds and book off the appropriate time off, distance is rarely a factor for me to travel for VF. It's what makes this game that much better - travelling to play /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers,

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    It's what makes this game that much better - travelling to play

[/ QUOTE ]

So my old friend, when are u gonna come visit me?
    ^0^

9. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

I should be back by that time. The hydra van will be ready. I won't be able to come back to the states until possibly the 20th instead of 2nd. Due to not being able to find a flight. If I come back before the 26th, I will definetly go. Anyone of the hydra members are more than welcome to ride with me.

Summah... if I can leave earlier out of china, I can reroute my flight to australia for a day or two. Then we can play! lol. I'll keep in touch with you on that.

10. krayzeejl

stomp: that would be awesome if Team Hydra could represent again here in SC!!

Shadowdean / VA crew: here's another chance! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and you should bring Jun with you as well!

11. stompoutloud

Hey Jason, no problem. You know we would love to come and play your shuffle stepping Jacky! /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif Perhaps in the future, you could come down to florida. Hopefully this time Blonde one will come so you could see his crazy fast ass Jacky.

12. krayzeejl

Stomp: ya I'm still playing Jacky but I've also taken up a new character... I'm in search of the "one" for me! LOL but ya man I want to come down there soon too!!!! probably this summer for sure! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. stompoutloud

someone from the hydra crew will accomodate you since you hooked us up when we came up there. Yeah, I think you can do very well with Jacky. Remember that dodge attack throw, dodge attack beatknuckle game I showed you. It worked well for you remember! haha.

14. krayzeejl

so anyone planning on coming to this gathering? I know FL is thinking bout it... any other takers?

15. krayzeejl

man I hope we get some good competition!

16. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Ohh, I hear shang and boston crew want to come.... /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

17. krayzeejl

sweet! it would be awesome to get to meet him and play Jerky again! they should get Hyun to come as well!

18. krayzeejl

King Kaza posted this on TZ:
    (he is the one throwing this tourney)

TTT.........2:00pm to 5:00pm (2 rounds per match, Best 2 out of 3)

CvSNK2....2:30pm to 5:30pm (2 rounds per match, Best 2 out of 3)

VF4 Evo..........4:30pm to 7:30pm (3 rounds per match, Best 2 out of 3)

MvC2........5:00pm to finished (Best 2 out of 3)

T4............5:30pm to finished (3 rounds per match, Best 2 out of 3)

GGXX.........?????? If enough interest than it will start with VF4

Refer to the top of the thread concerning entrance fee. There will also be a DDR Max 2 tourney held by Putt Putt for anyone that is into DDR. 4 more weeks until the showdown. A note to mention for our out of town guests, the main road TwoKnotch runs close to Clemson Road. There are cheap hotels for people who may want to stay overnight. Motel 6 $30 per night / Red Roof Inn $35 per night.

Location of the event is:

Putt Putt Fun Center
    105 Sparkleberry
    Columbia SC 29229
    (803)462-9355

Sparkleberry is just off of Clemson Rd from I-20

19. krayzeejl

NC you guys should make a road trip! come visit us players down south! LOL

20. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I wish I could man /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif. The 26th is just too close to the final exams (And reports and presentations etc...), and I am usually hysterically crazy around those times /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif! I don't think I can even make it to the VA tech tourney (Which seems a shorter drive than the one for SC) because of the timing as well.

P.S: Street address is '105 Sparkleberry Ln' or '105 Sparkleberry Xng' yeah? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif