1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Vanessa Thread

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, Jun 18, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Not too much new here. One new combo that seems to be of interest is a low kick, followed by a high elbow. The elbow I think is only guaranteed on counter. Knocks opponent down, but they can quick rise.

She seems to have some new jabs from her MT stance as well.

Sorry, I've not played her yet, so don't know the commands. Will try on Friday.

ITEMS: No new items. I've only seen the knife, on her 1P outfit.

2. GaijinPunch

One thing I forgot. Vanessa's [6][6][P]+[G] throw can now connect 3 punches instead of just one. Didn't notice if it took off less damage w/ the initial hit or not.

3. GaijinPunch

Thanks to ETP for pointing out that I'm an idiot. The command is [6][6][P]+[K] for the aforementioend throw. I don't think they've changed it for Evo. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

GP, I don't suppose you know of a Vane player by the name of Tokyo Megane? He's done some strats in Japanese VF guidebooks and seems to be one of the very best Vane users in Japan. Have you seen him in action?

On the topic at hand, from my very rough readings at some JP VF4 BBSes, she seems to have more MT throws, including another 270? Not sure on that. Also a few more float starters in both stances, including something resembling the Lightning Elbow in DS.
    It also seems that certain moves (like [6_][6_][K][G]'s followup) put the opponent in a mount position, where she may have a choice of options like her handhold. I've heard the bit about her being able to nail the opponent with punches up to 3 times in this state. Is there anything else she can do...?

5. GaijinPunch

I believe I've seen Tokyo Megane (something megane, anyway). Good from what I remember, but that could be a common name. There aren't many people using her at the beta testing, but hopefully more soon. I'll try her out in the next couple of days and report back.

6. mAxximo

mAxximo Member

Good info, thanks!

7. GaijinPunch

Saw a few more Vanessa's today. Didn't try her, but I've got some good info:

It looks like she now has a double-kick combo from her devensive stance. Mid-high if I remember correctly.

I also witnessed atleast one new low throw, and maybe two. Actually, I was the subject of one of them. The first one, instead of holding the opponent and kneeing them in the chest, she lays them on their stomach, then gives three knees between the head and shoulder (OUCH). The 2nd one, I'm not sure of, as she got me with it. When I expected her to throw me, I buffered[3][P][K][G] and [2][P][K][G]. What happened, was she got one knee in, which did a lot of damage, and then threw me back a bit. Me being shocked, had no clue what to do, then ate another combo and lost the match. If this is in fact an escape that causes some damage, I definitely don't like it. Totally takes away the risk of having a throw escaped. For all I know, it could be a new low throw. I'd assume the input is [6][P][K][G] or [1][P][K][G].

Also, I did see one more item -- a new haircut. I don't know how to describe it well, as it looks like it was in fashion when I was in junior high. Kind of a fluffy ponytail, but much shorter than her normal hair. Kinda cheesy if you ask me.

Stay tuned...

8. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I was fumbling through Japanese BBS', and found a Vanessa site. It has a movelist, combos, BBS chatter, EVO info, and other things.

The URL is: http://www.tv-jp.net/va

<font color="green">Deletion of the conventional MUETAI style. However, work was able to be distributed. </font color>
    <font color="green">The motion of a cut upper changes. 10 FURE does not change. Stiffness is a little long. </font color>
    <font color="green">2KPP deletes. The second shot is backward PK &#12387;&#12413;&#12356;&#32920; at 2KP(s) to instead of. It is Continuation HIT with a special upper row ? counter. </font color>
    <font color="green">Motion change of 2K. </font color> The animation for the low kick has changed(?)
    <font color="green">As for 46K par ring, an advantageous disadvantageous frame motion changes delicately. </font color> I'm a little confused about this one.
    <font color="green">An old lower-berth throw also has no change. Signs that it increased by one. </font color> A new low throw?
    <font color="green">3 P+K (it is change to new work), and collapse down induction.</font color>
    <font color="green">new work 3KK from middle -- already -- middle &#20986;&#12427; from one</font color>
    <font color="green">4 P+G (new throwing techniques) 8624 P+G (to mount) </font color>
    <font color="green">Change to the Lightning elbow by 6 P+K, and it is a blow like a hook. However, a combo does not enter but only large down decision is. </font color>
    <font color="green">the ducking body which does not advance in front by 3PP -- change into a &#12415;&#12383;&#12356;&#12394; punch </font color> I'm confused about this one.
    <font color="green">You fly to a partner's head like a back flip by 2684 P+G, make it downed as it is, and it is to mount.</font color> I'm guessing that Vanessa's mount game will have more options, with this move and another 270 throw link being added on.
    <font color="green">since a new style does not fall back but it becomes an anteversion posture a little -- occurring -- kick SUKA -- carrying out -- the Lightning elbow -- unreasonableness that's right </font color> I'm confused.
    <font color="green">Command-change into 3PK -> 3 P+KK </font color>
    <font color="green">Three, mount work, 4 P+G, 66 P+K, and 66 K+G6 P+G </font color>
    Vanessa loses [3]+[P], [P] and [P]+[K], [P]

I don't know how often this site is updated, because some of this stuff sounds familiar. So if any of it has been posted, sorry.

9. Zero-chan

Erk. This is why I'm not fond of translators - there seems to be a lot lost/mistranslated. I'm going to take a little bit of time later and go through all this. Unless someone like GP, Summa-kun or Hiro beat me to it. ^^;

10. GaijinPunch

By all means, knock yourself out... I'm about translated out at the moment. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm, sounds to me like she lost the Mua-thai stance...though this is almost expected because of the new player who uses kickboxing.

12. GaijinPunch

No, she didn't lose it. I specifically asked someone that played with her the first day which was about a month or so ago. From everything I've read, she's still got it.

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Interesting...So, how does her MT stance/moves differ from that of the new character?

14. GaijinPunch

Well, if it makes any difference, he holds his hands up the same way, and one of the throws is the exact same as Vane's MT [P]+[G]. I've not really seen him much, as most people prefer playing with Goh if they're trying out a new character.

15. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    This is what I can tell from the page you linked to about Vanessa.

the first thing, as you've put here:

"muay thai stance is gone"

while some of the moves remain, not all, and in it's place Vanessa appears to have a new stance (which has not been named here).

Defensive Style:

d/b+P+G, 3/4circle back+P+G Heaven's Gate, f, d+P+G, and f+P+G Throws confirmed.

Motion of the Cut Upper (d/f+P) has changed, it's still 10 frames exe. but longer recovery. In DS you can no longer add 2nd P.

d+K, P, P is gone in DS. The motion of d+K has changed, and the 2nd hit now looks like her back turned P+K elbow. Unconfirmed if this move is a High attack, but if the low K is a Counter hit, it's a combo.

you can still do the "sit down" low kick (D+K in ver. C) with d/b+K

WS K has changed, I can't understand it all, but I think they're wondering if it's a turning away attack now.

Looks like the Intrude Hook and Intercept Body are still there (G, u+P or d+P).

the advantage/disadvantage properties of the Paring Combination (b, f+K, P) have changed; I'd assume it's weaker somewhat.

new Low Throw

new move, d/f+P+K. Gives Kuzure Down

f+P, K, K
    d/f+K
    b, b+K+G
    b+P
    d/f+K+G
    f, f+K
    f+K+G
    all confirmed

no more P+K, P in DS

New Stance

u, f, d, b+P+G (says it's a new throw that goes to Mount), d/f, d/f+P+G Arm Breaker, old Muay Thai P+G, f+P+G Elbow Rush, and new throw b+P+G (also to mount?)

new move, d/f+K, K Double Middle Kick

old DS's b, f+P+K, f, f+P+K now in this stance (only?)

no G, u+P or G, d+P here

f+P+K new Hook like Lightning Elbow; combos or big down attack followup (can't make it out?)

D/F+P, P is a new ducking body (it says 3+P, P but the old Cut Upper d/f+P is here too, so I'm guessing it's D/F).

d, f, u, b+P+G is a new throw where she does a back flip with the oppt and lands in the mount (if you've played DOA3 Leon can do this). From the mount position, she can go into a guessing game like the Hand Hold, but here with P or P+G. The P is a mount punch, the P+G it says "beat" and end. From earlier reports, you can get up to 3 punches in. I'm not sure if this throw can be done with both 3/4 leading to back commands. It's different than the above in the article, so I'm relaying it that way. Maybe this goes to mount and the other way goes to something else?

Looks like b+P+G, f, f+P+K f, f+K+G- f+P+G also go to this new mount position

I guess f, f+K+G- f+P+G only in this stance

a new low throw

she can do d+K, P, P here but no d+K, P, K

d/f+P Cut Upper, chainable into another P

f+P, K, K
    b, b+K+G
    b+P
    d/f+K+G
    f, f+K
    f+K+G
    d/b+P
    all confirmed

d+P is normal style low P

no f, f+P+K, P, P (too bad, that move was cool)

the old d/f+P, K's command is now d/f+P+K, K

seems to me like the theme of this style is ground and pound

Sorry if I misunderstood any of this, or left anything out. There were a few things I couldn't make out.

lots of good info on that page.

Spotlite

16. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!!
    Seems Vaneessa changed quite a lot, she seems much more a grappler/groundfighter now...

17. GaijinPunch

I've not played her yet, so can't confirm, but I don't think all of that info is right. I might give her a whirl tomorrow.

18. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help with the translation, Spotlite.

And to anyone else who was confused about what I had originally posted, I apologize. I was hoping that the info would at least start up a discussion about some of Vanessa's new attacks, new properties added to old moves, old moves removed, etc. And I wanted some help in translating some this info, which is why I it posted on VFDC.

19. Zero-chan

OMG OMG OMG

Finally, some media that shows what sort of stuff the Evo Vanessa has to offer:

http://www1.u-netsurf.ne.jp/~texas/movie/ev_06.wmv

Here's what I observe from watching the clip:

- In round 2: Low kick, elbow combo. New DS technique... or is it the alteration to 2KP?
    - Towards the end of Round 2 we see the sort of techniques the new Offensive Stance has to offer. It looks like it's geared towards the same sort of quick strikes MT had but it looks completely different both in posture and in most of its execution. Damn, the idle stance for it looks cool.
    - Round 4 is again almost all OS. At the beginning, it looks like the player backs off and switches. There doesn't seem to be lag between stance changes. Besides the new leg strikes (which look incredibly cool indeed), you'll also see Vane low punch - something the old MT stance didn't have. Also note at about the middle of this round - Vane does a combo that looks like a mid punch, knee, and then a lunge, but she gets knocked out of it. Is this a new hit throw?
    - Near the beginning of Round 5: A new DS technique where she appears to swipe high at Aoi.
    - I heard something about the Leg Breaker throw being only available from Offensive stance. From the clip, this seems to be the case.
    - The opponent on the receiving end of a Heaven's Gate whimpers as the neck snaps. Me like.

If anyone could associate some of the new techniques shown with commands, it would be much appreciated.

Argh, I still can't find any JP webpages with comprehensive command lists for her in Evo. (._.)

20. GaijinPunch

Re: OMG OMG OMG

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

- In round 2: Low kick, elbow combo. New DS technique... or is it the alteration to 2KP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Command is [2][K][P] -- it's replaced [2][K][P][P] in defensive stance. The traditional combo is available only in offensive.

I've only used her once in Evo. I decided 4 characters is enough for now, and considering you've got to relearn an entire stance, it just seems like too much work. I've got a friend that's using her, so hopefully I'll get my new adaptor by the weekend and make some clips.

I could be mistaken, but I think the elbow drop [1][P] in Defensive stance is now gone. OS only. Don't quote me on that though.