1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Evolution Wolf New Moves

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by esrion, Jun 20, 2002.

1. esrion

esrion Member

There's another thread regarding the new Evo Wolf, but since I'm translating information regarding new Wolf moves from JPN sites, I figured I should start a new thread.

The following are new moves and throws collected from various JPN sources. Please keep in mind that Evo is still under location testing at the moment and that moves and recovery times are likely to be changed.

Motion Changes:
    Wolf has not had a great deal of motion change, though many players have remarked that he seems more like a wrestler now --

1.Vertical Upper[2_][3][P] -- Looks to be an elbow now. Have heard it's not as good as it was before. Crouch dash in patterns are less useful?

2.Low kick[2][K] -- Standing low kick has been changed to look more like Jeffry's VF4 [3][K][G]. Shorter reach. No information on low kicks from crouching positions.

3.Facelift kick [3][K] -- Kicks forward instead of from the side? Not clear on this one.

4.Low dropkick [6][2][K]-- Many players have commented that the low dropkick looks more "real" than before. More like the actual thing, I guess.

5.Knee[6][K] -- No motion change for the knee. (Note: WIth the exception of the heaveyweights, all of the knees have been changed.) However, many players have noted that it floats slightly lower than before.

6.Somersault drop[8][K]] -- This down attack has been changed to something that looks like a hip attack or a guillotine drop.

Throw (Motion) Changes and New Moves are continued in the next post.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Firstly, thanks for sharing the information you've translated. However, I have one request: please post this as a reply under the current Wolf Evo thread.

The source of information is different, but the subject matter is still the same. If you don't mind, please repost under that thread, and I'll delete this one.

It was bad enough when GaijinPunch created a billion new threads as nothing but place-holders for information that may eventually come up! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. esrion

esrion Member

okay, got it.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did hesitate to make those new threads, BUT considering I was going back each day, returning here with more info, I envisioned a 200+ thread that would just get insane to read, hence, the the new threads.

I'll be going back today, and will likely post even more info for each one. Tomorrow, I've got a day off, and will be taking a notebook. :)

If you want, why not combine them: Lightweight, Medium weight, and big fuckers?

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    GaijinPunch, there's nothing wrong with starting character specific threads for Evo character news, but was it necessary creating a thread simply as a place-holder with no new informaton in it?

I guess I was just shocked to see 13 new threads suddenly appear when only some of them held any useful information.

Anyway, this thread is locked now. Esrion, please repost your Wolf translations under GaijinPunch's Evo Wolf thread.

Thanks, and keep the information flowing!