1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 FINALLY HITS NEW YORK!!!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Sudden_Death, Nov 7, 2001.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Grrreaat, NOW you guys get it after I blew ~$200 at Broadway City last week.

2. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

wow, what a machine! see you next time! Smooth and only 50 cents!

3. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    U coming down before u head over to Asia? It would be nice to rumble on good-quality sticks and not spend as much money!

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Adnan, unfortunately not this time...I was sooo lucky to get my tickets at the price that I got them for, and the schedule's pretty tight!! Hmm, however, I do think I have something like a 9 hour layover at NYC JFK on the 12th, Wednesday. Is Mott Street near?

5. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Aight, i understand. However, Mott Street will be definitely out of the way for you from JFK airport. It is about 1 hour away with moderate traffic... If you are still down to make the trek (with your luggage in tow im assuming), then we will be there to see you off with FINAL RAPE. ;->

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry man, the only one doing the raping is my Jacky, oh yeah!!!!

IKUZO!!

7. Big Dipper

www.chinatownfair.com VF4 machine is a thing of beauty. No one talks. The challenges just keep coming. make a good counter or throw escape follow-up and you may get a nod. Level od play here is terrific. I went there again today at lunch time. When you visit NYC this is the place to go!

8. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Okay I want to go to CTF and play vf4, chances are I'll be driving up there from from delaware via joisey turnpike, but I haven't driven in NYC for years. Could you message me and give me some tips...garages to park at maybe?

9. Big Dipper

parking is unreal in this part of towmn. Post 9-11-01 lower Manhattan is a nightmare for cars.
    Best to take Outerbridge into Staten island and go to Ferry and park there. Take ferry to NYC and then walk one block to catch local Bus ( M9, M15). my site has a map generator attached. www.jobs4wallst.com My office is twenty blocks from arcade in the Ground zero neighborhood. Postal code for CTF is 10013. Addy: 8 Mott St. ( all this is on token.)

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Heh! Yeah, Chinatown Fair has their address on their tokens. Guess where I got a NYC arcade token...

at Good Times in Boston! :-o

And it seems about 1/3rd of Good Times tokens are from Jillians, another Boston arcade.

11. Big Dipper

hhahahahahaha!

lost moves updated... combo machine link and beginners guide under construction, one page done. Chanciue Vf3 eveil link and Bitter's site linked in too.

12. Cen

Cen New Member

Theres a park garage on Mulberry St (parallel to Mott St.) near Chinatown Fair. Park restrictions in Chinatown have been lifted, but if there is a red alert.. streets will be blocked off on the Bowery St. but don't worry too much about that. Chinatown traffic is moderatorly light during mornings and nights. Just don't drive around during the afternoon! Saturdays and Sundays don't except to find meter parking or even a fire hydrant to park next to, cause they're all taken, The garage near CF is open 24/7 and is 8 floors of parking. You can still park your car in New Jersey and take the Path trains to NYC at Christoper St. stop and take a cab for a few dollars to chinatown.

~Henry
    P.S. For those folks using slugs in our machines, it only encourages us to makes games $1 dollar also, don't ruin a good thing.

13. Big Dipper

thx Henry...I' one who always seems to go home w/ a few ChinaTown fair tokens in my pocket. Keep up the terrific work at CTF. Any chance of getting a Versus cabinet with chairs for VF4? ... or a chair for the old man when he plays VF4? How is your Lei coming along? nycat@thelion.com
    <<<<8 Mott St., NYC,NY 10013>>>>

14. Cen

Cen New Member

We don't have chairs at CF because we don't want WWF at the arcade. Last time I bought 4 chairs.... 3 of them got stolen. I don't think there is a versus cabinet for sale, not to my knowledge in the east coast.

~Henry

15. Big Dipper

thx henry. I had a ball today at VF4 ...
    Nice new Tekken 4 you moved next to VF4 machine!

16. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Actually the only bus that goes to the ferry right now is the M15. The M6 and the M9 don't go there for the time being.

17. Big Dipper

thx. I took M15 in front of Water and Broad corner and walked into Square and across street to CTF. Going back to ferry took a little longer because of rerouting of bus traffic around Police Station I guess? *shrug*