1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 for PS2 CANCELLED!

Discussion in 'Console' started by CreeD, Nov 25, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I LIED TO GET YOUR ATTENTION! IT'S NOT CANCELLED.

BUT..

I will be forced to physically KILL the next person who puts up bullshit PS2 VF4 pics. THERE AREN'T ANY. It's becoming a VFDC tradition. Look:
    The first picture in the "new batch" is -

http://www.outerspace.com.br/jogos/v/virtuafighter4/ps2/virtuafighter4-032.htm
    Which also has this pic:
    http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=17225&page=&view=&sb=&o=
    (the original pic of Akira inashi-ing wolf is from Sega's AM2 page.

THERE ARE NO PS2 VF4 PICS. THE ONLY TIME SOMEONE HAS GOTTEN THEIR HANDS ON PS2 VF4 IS AT THE TOKYO GAMESHOW. THERE IS ONLY THAT MOVIE AND SCREENCAPS FROM IT. And I will give a tiny bit of grudging respect to Adam Doree and gamerweb for putting up the first PS2 VF4 movies at
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.gamerweb.com/content/tgs101101_02.html>http://www.gamerweb.com/content/tgs101101_02.html</a>
    Even though the dude expects us to pay money, the capitalist pig.
    ------
    I don't know if Hayabusa-boy is looking to be genuinely helpful by registering a username just to get us a secret stash of PS2 pics (that some denmark site magically found before the rest of the world?!), or if his motive it simply to impress us all with his elite insider connections. I don't care. I'm sure he really thought these were PS2 pics.

PLEASE check your shit people! ALL these gaming pages are doing is sneaking into the hotel room and sucking the cock of other game mags! Then they hold the spooge in their cheeks like squirrels hoarding nuts, and they run to their webmaster and spit it onto his desk. He in turn spits it back in our faces, and we end up with five month old sperm running down our cheeks. Then a month later the cycle repeats itself, another dumbass thief posing as a game mag editor goes on a stealthy rapist rampage, and we end up looking at the same old spooge all over again.
    You know the old expression about egg on your face? This is even more embarrassing, don't fall for it.

PS: I'm not mad, I'm just bored. It took forever to hunt down those URLs.
    It'd be nice if this post stuck in people's heads, that's why I put the gross part at the end. I don't want to see another "MIRACLE BATCH OF PS2 VF4 PICS FOUND ON OBSCURE MEXICAN STARTUP GAMEZINE SITE!@@!!" in a month.

2. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

CREED! CreeD! EEEEEooowwww.... almost lost my freeekn breakfast.... btw- I have MS 95 and cab not view wmg file so I say, thx agn for your mpeg and avi files for VF4 battles...the zip thingie has me befuddled ( pls, don't try to explain here.)[save your breath] let me know when U will visit NYC so I may treat you to a few arcade VF4 games at Times Square arcade. You really should write a novel. You have excellent powers of observation, good writing skills and ample imagination for massive success! cheers! gg

3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    "It would be nice if this post stuck in people's heads"

I will NEVER forget this post!! ROFLMAO!! TOO GOOD!

4. Big Dipper

hehehe, one more note...just so you understand the impact this had on me... my son traded my DC w/ all games and arcade sticks for a PS2 bout a week a go... and this Friday wifey say's," get out the VF3tb disk, I wanna kick your ass!"....and, *cough*,
    I had to tell her, " we traded it for a PS2 honey." She was livid,"...!@#$%^&*!!! You did what!?!" CreeD, we'er talking about a woman that raised two kids on VF1 and VF2...for quite a while now... Wifey has enjoyed kicking me in the nuts, etc as Sarah ...ur, as a form of foreplay...off-topic..she enjoys the same warm-up as IVY whipping me incessently until her cheecks flush... (=**=) was my face red?, you betcha.....

5. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

i there are pics or iut running on PS2.
    IGN had a feature on it, and said it was a perfect port and they coudn't believe it!
    i'll find the link and post it here.

http://ps2.ign.com/news/39068.html

6. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

>i there are pics or iut running on PS2.

Can someone translate this sentence for me?

*puzzled*

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

well... PS2 pics or not, those pics are pretty damn jaggy!

8. Ruffcoconut

Ruffcoconut Active Member

there's still 2 months b4 it goes to japan and 4 or so months b4 the us and euro. so there still prob tqweaking it.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Having seen hi res, I find myself wondering what people who complain about jaggies are smoking. It's all very smooth an antialiased from what I've seen. Chanchai, is your monitor set to the higher res?

Besides, when you antialias the crap out of things, they often end up looking blurry in spots, which is no good. I like a crisp look.

10. Chanchai

Actually, I was referring to whatever the Akira vs. Wolf pic was, but now that I look at it on this computer, it looks alright and reminds me of VF4test at SVGL. However, on the computer I was using 2 hours ago (campus lab), it looked extremely jaggy, but not in a typical way. It just looked so PS2ish to me and things looked like they were made up of squares.... doesn't seem to be that way on my computer at home though....

As far as VF4 in the arcade, looks great and jaggies aren't that bad at all. They're not a big deal in general, but what I thought I saw earlier seemed awful.

-Chanchai

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Somehow, VF4 arcade is just not meant to be viewed as a direct vidcap still shot. It needs to be seen on a good, hi-res monitor to be appreciated. It does not look at all the same. It's really strange.

Graphically I think VF4 is a worthy successor to VF3, but only just barely. Some textures just look like shit and/or are tiled to the point where it looks like Marathon or Doom (see the walls on the Great Wall stage). It's a bit incongruous.

12. Chanchai

Speaking of the Great Wall stage, I get annoyed at the sky texture as well... thick blocks of shades of blue and what not. That's if I remember correctly anyways.

I'm also not really a fan of the Coliseum because I feel the textures look cheap.

Other than that, I still think the game looks gorgeous and I would agree that it's a worthy successor to VF3 in graphics.

-Chanchai

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

For me the Coliseum is the best stage! the lightning and the crumbling pillars are a master stroke. It has incredible atmosphere.

14. Big Dipper

Re: VF4 for PS2 YeeHa!

I am so happy. Joyous really. this will be the first time in my life that i will have a game I really like in my home that will look better on my Wega than it does in the arcade!

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

My biggest disappointment with the Great Wall stage is that the puddles of water on the ground are not interactive (i.e. can`t splash around in them)...very weird considering the care that Sega put into the snow and beach stage.