1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 for PS2-What have you unlocked?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by soulmachine, Feb 2, 2002.

1. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

I've unlocked a buttload of accessories for my custom characters, as well as my AI (Pai) character. I've also unlocked VF1 models. Does anyone know if Dural is unlockable as a playable character?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Noticed that you're based in SF. Care to meet up some time to play?

3. soulmachine

Sounds good. Although gauging from your posts you'd no doubt hand me my ass.

4. BlackMahler

BlackMahler Member

VF1 models? Where?

5. soulmachine

Once you get past a certain rank in Kumite mode, you'll unlock an option for your custom character (you have been using a custom character haven't you?) to play as VF1 models. At the character select mode press circle or X to pick your character, then press P+K immediately after and hold it until the level loads up. You'll be playing as VF1 models in no time.

6. soulmachine

Update:

I thought you had to unlock VF1 models per character by playing them in Kumite mode, but it seems as if I've unlocked them for all characters without having used everyone. I have to say that seeing characters in VF1 style that were never in the first Virtua Fighter is pretty funny. Vanessa looks bizarre and Lei-Fei look particularly weird, but Lion and Shun Di are just as odd.

Here's some accessories I've unlocked for various people:

Wolf:
    sunglasses (2)
    tattoos
    arm-bands
    metal shin-guards

Pai:
    headdress
    necklaces (3)
    wings of flame for her knees (don't ask, maybe they're butterflies, I dunno)
    different sashes
    bracelets (2)

Lion:
    cowboy hat
    motorcycle helmet
    backwards baseball caps (3)
    paperboy hat (3)

Vanessa:
    head-bands (2)
    sunglasses (2)
    walkie-talkie

Aoi:
    wigs (2)
    Tengu Mask (maybe it's an Oni mask, not sure, so sue me)

Things I've seen (usually playing in Kumite mode):

Shun Di:
    monkey mask

Aoi:
    Kabuki headdress
    Convent type headdress (red, but she looks like a nun)

Vanessa:
    Horse-head hat
    short hair

Kage:
    squirrel on his shoulder

Akira:
    rabbit on his shoulder

Lau:
    ramen bowl on his head
    Big superdeformed baby mask on his head

7. soulmachine

Not much of an update, but I had to get it off my chest:

I've fought against Lei-Fei in Kumite twice now where he's wearing an extremely fruity head-set. The fake nose looks like a water faucet, and he's got big wing-ear thingies that are fairy/elephantine in nature. Ugh.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I've seen that. I think it's a curse item, but I haven't tried losing 5 times in a row...

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

lol it's an elephant's head, people /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    It's in a few movies (124haahaa lei) ..

10. soulmachine

Played against:

Akira with a sloth (or something) strapped to his back.

Wolf with a clown (or dunce, you pick) hat on and weird sunglasses. It gave me nightmares.

11. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Every description of funny cocky items you guys describe is already giving me nightmares. Gee, dunce cap, elephant mask, what's next? Panties for Wolf? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I can think of something worse!
    Remember back when all bengs must have these two things with them to be considered as 'pai kia'
    A)pager
    B)sharp pointy end combs

oh god..they better not humiliate my BEE BEE(AI Jacky) with those two silly items~

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

There was also a time when people wore "fanny packs." But it wasn't just that, that scared me (the ravers who wear them don't look as silly--though one can say they look silly, but that's the point much of the time)... It was thinking about the fashion of the eighties and how nearly EVERYONE wore fanny packs into probably around 1991 and how that looked. SCARY! Especially when you had the obese wearing something like tight pants, pink shirt, fanny pack.... uggh

-Chanchai

14. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

waitaminute here, some items are cursed??

In what way?

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

And on the note about Ravers... Jerky can get a pacifier. But of course he gets the baby cap to go with it, so no bad connotations.

Saw "SF3 Ibuki" Kage for the first time the other day. Kage + Brown outfit + cute little ponytail sticking out of the top of his head = weird. I'm looking forward to seeing the chubby cherub mask, the lau mask (mustache and big eyebrows.. I think world gets it), the pharoah headdress, and the groucho nose + glasses (for jerky I think).

16. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

"Cursed" as in you only see them when you lose a lot. I don't think the items affect character performance, just how they look. The little bunny for Akira and squirrel for Kage show up when your winning percentage goes down.

Please keep adding new items as you see them to this thread... I can live vicariously thru your kumite experience until March... heh.

17. soulmachine

I'd like to know if the girls have any curse items. I created an Aoi, called "LOSER," specifically for her to get beat on in Kumite and versus mode and lose a lot. She has something like a 1-19 record, having lost up to 10 in a row at one point and I didn't get anything for her. What the...?

I even pressed attack on most of them, only losing by a small margin as I didn't want the comp to think I was loafing (just in case it matters). Has anyone sucked bad enough to earn a curse item for a female character?:)

18. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Hey Yupa, if you're interested, some items for Sarah that I've unlocked/seen:

- several different pairs of earrings, including star-shaped, dangling chain earrings, regular jeweled earrings and various other shapes/colors
    - a couple different pairs of sunglasses, one with a light purple frame the same as her 2P top, and another one with red frame/black lenses
    - ornaments/jewelry for her right wrist
    - a variety of different colors; I find her 1P jumpsuit pretty boring (you can only customize her top, pants & boots). Her 2P outfit is much more interesting, and I've gotten some cool colors for her shoes. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Unfortunately, Sarah has only 4 categories of items (it seems), which is the fewest I've seen. This means that, barring any easter eggs, you can't customize her hair, neck, face/mask or other parts of her body. Unless they are curse items, of course. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

To get the cursed items, you have to lose a certain number of times to another player of the same rank.

I don't know if one has to have a minimum rank to get the cursed items tho'

Once you get the cursed item, you can remove it by performing certain moves in the game or chalk up more wins. It depends on the item.

And after you remove it, it goes into your inventory as a regular item. Really nice.

=)

20. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification oldtimer.

Sad that you can't mess with Sarah's hair like you can with Aoi's... What's Sarah's basic curse item?

Moby, keep up the great work! =)