1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 for sale .

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Fishie, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

I received this message on my ICQ today : my friend in japan can send yu a VF4 kit with Panel + 50 Magnetic Cards and everything to put in the naomi
    for 600K yens + shipping
    let me know quickly if you're interested.

Id buy it myself if I had the money .
    Annyone here interested ?
    Oh BTW the guy is a French arcade operator in Tokio he can get a lot of older boards for cool prices as well .

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

600,000 yen translates to a hair under 5,000 USD. It would top that after shipping. I very strongly suspect that since the reported price of US VF3 cabinets will be about half that, your guy isn't going to have any takers...
    BUT .. that doesn't mean not to post these things, this board isn't just read by americans. I just wanted to give people a sense of what 600,000 yen is.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

You meant to write VF4 correct?

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Actually Ali, you can get vf4 version b with a cabinet including shipping for about $2900 - give or take a couple hundred beenoz. The cabinet will be a used cabinet of course, but the monitor does support all resolutions. Not a bad deal and i was *thiiiiiiiiiiis* close to picking one up, but that same day they showed the fukkin PS2 version, and i decide i can wait a couple more months since it "seems" like a near perfect conversion - and I will end up saving a few thousand dollars!

[​IMG]

5. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Where did you see that offer? Used cabinet for $2900? Is it US or Japanese version? Does it have card readers?

Most of the Japanese Arcade Shop sites I've been checking out have the cabinet for about $5-6K, with boards going for about $3K for the US version, $4K for the Japanese. I'm assuming that the Japanese is more expensive because it has all the VF.net features (when I played the US final last week, the card/phone line icons at the bottom of the screen were gone). I also noticed the price for the little card vending machine is a cool grand! Guess it pays for itself after 200 cards, though.

Sometimes I think it'd be worth it to spend the money to get a kit with cards to play it as it was meant to be... wonder if there's some way people could rig it to access the sever in Japan, or create their own server between several machines in NA...

Spotlite

6. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that VF4 sells well and is very popular in the US. So bringing out the vf.net feature wont seem like so much of a risk for the next version. I know how unlikely this is. So there is no need for anyone to tell me.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Damn thats cheap .
    I payed over 12000$ for my VF3 when that came out .
    Shit I need money fast .

8. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Coinopexpress.com sells the VF4 kit for $2,295.00. I got in touch with a guy in LA who sells used ASTRO CITY 29" cabinets with joysticks and 4 buttons on each side for $370. (He also sells them on ebay - check it out).

So, vf4 kit from console express shipping: $2,395 (100 dollars for shipping sounds reasonable)

Used ASTRO CITY cabinet shipping: $470 (again, 100 dollars shipping sounds about right, but could be a little more).

So total is $2865. Again, give or take a couple hundred. Andy, Hiro, and I were gonna chip in a grand each to get it. But it is prudent to wait for PS2 version cause not only will it be $60, but will have kick ass extras. The only negatice thing obviously is having to wait 3.5 months as opposed to having it now! ARGHHH!!!! It still seems so tempting.........can't..................be............................too.............impulsive................!

*edit*......my bad...Spotlite, it is in fact american version b - that is what the guy i contacted told me! The vf4 version b kit is also brand new.

[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by adamYUKI on 10/19/01 05:10 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Knock yerself out , you know you want to .

10. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

Did anyone see the PS2 version of the game? If so, how good a conversion was it?
    Early videos don't show any real background detail or lighting - areas in which the Naomi 2 really kicks arse.
    Any infos?

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Yes I did, what a scrub I am.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>