1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Gameplay movies

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Yamcha, May 23, 2001.

1. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I saw this on another board, thought I'd post it here for all to enjoy.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www1.sbs.co.kr/games/movie/mpeg/vf1.avi>First VF4 Gameplay Clip</A>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www1.sbs.co.kr/games/movie/mpeg/vf2.avi>Second VF4 Gameplay Clip</A>

Thanks to Chanchai for showing me how to post them as links.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Yamcha on 05/23/01 02:59 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Damn the game is fast!

Thanks a lot for the links. Also thanks to Vicks for the pics earlier.

Besides the character select screen, I currently like what I see.

-Chanchai

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Chan
    em links don't work /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

5. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

chan didn't post any links.....
    anyways, freddie - how is it not working? i'm online now so maybe i can help. however, i STILL haven't been able to see that doompulp video so i may not be the best person to ask when it comes to '.avi' movies :)

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

it says server returning error response

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i just downloaded the first one and it worked fine.....
    i dunno what is wrong your end.....
    sorry 'bout that

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

goodness me

it says I am forbidden to acess the site

9. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I can't download either!!!

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

GREAT!~
    I'm not alone~/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I got it with no problem. The second video is awesome! So much gameplay, so little time....

I was hoping to see something shockingly new, though, but it's just a lot of the same moves from what we're used to in VF3. I hope they get more footage of things like the reversals and ringouts.

Thanks for the movies!

12. Gnug315

Gnug315 Well-Known Member

I'll second that. The graphics are awesome.

The gameplay looks great, and damn fast too - I'd say atleast 30% faster than the arcade ob version I'm used to. However, in three whole rounds I don't think I saw a single new move, apart from the Monk ofcourse, and perhaps a TT P from Lau. Also didn't see a single dodge! Shame the Pai player sucked, no inashi or reversals at all.. couldda been fun to see what it looks like. At that speed tho, I can't picture them having anything in the gameplay resembling what we first saw when they sparred in the video.

The Monk does do some kind of pose with an accompanied special sound 2 seconds into the first vid, wonder what that is...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

How to download...

Hi, it's my first time posting here, just thought I might be able to help... just FYI... I don't think you can download with any programs like Getright, so you might try downloading the videos with just Netscape... This site always does that... Hope that helps.

14. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    It worked

Thanks for the tip.

I'd have to say that my faith in VF4 has been restored for the most part. In other words, I can see myself living at the arcades later this year. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Kruza

15. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm...just a quick observation..the monk looks to play like a souped up Jacky....

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

16. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Lunch anyone?

"...like a souped up Jacky"

Would that be split pea? cream of mushroom?

cheers,

<font color=white>Minestrone Jacky</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

17. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Re: Lunch anyone?

LOL...maybe a bisque...

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't like fei-Leis animation........and during the stance he looks like a puppet. I hope this short trailer isn't representativ for Fei-lei's other moves. Also I didn't see much "vision" in the movie.......in terms of new ideas.......okay the trailers are far to short to give an insight in new innovations........

P.S Jacky's ,Pai's second clothes look cool!!!!!!!