1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 General FAQ

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hayai_JiJi, Aug 2, 2001.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Kage stuff

Is Falling Leaf the official name for the stance? What ever happened to Jumonji (sp)?

Nah, I made "falling leaf" up :)

Looking at the Japanese movelists (and I don't read Japanese, but I can read the Chinese characters), Kage's stance is Hidden Flowing Leaf - Ten Literary Words, or something like that. Damn it sounds weird when you do a direct translation. =P Jumonji is the Japanese pronunciation of "Ten Literary Words" I guess?

BTW, Kage's b+K is a sabaki as well.

[​IMG]

2. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

yes... juumonji is 'ten literary words' or rather 'ten literary characters' ... direct translations are so messed up.

3. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

Jumonji means a cross, you know how the Ten(in Chinese characters) looks like a cross.
    And you might notice, in JS, Kage stands with his arms crossed. That's where the name Jumonji is derived, I guess.
    And for the Hidden Flowing Leaf, a long long time ago, when ninjas were really active, there were villages where ninjas lived hidden away from the civilization, and those are called Hagakure(HFL).
    But I dont know why HFL.

4. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

Re: lion stuff...

here's some basic stuff for Lion in Ver.B

moves that make opponents stagger(opponent falls with face-down and head close to you)
    f,f p
    b,f p+k,p,p(f,f p+k in A)-3rd p must be MC
    QCB,p,p-either p causes stagger, 1st p sabaki high and mid
    b,p+k-able to charge, turns to be mid attack if charged

other stagger moves(opponent falls with face-up and head close to you)
    b,d/f p
    b,f k+g, d, k

moves that thrust opponent to the ground(untechable)
    d/f p,p-connect when MC
    p+k

TA notTA moves.
    b,f k+g, d, k-TA
    b,f k+g, d, p-does not TA
    b,f k+g, d/b, p-TA but has same motion with above move
    f p+k-TA
    f p+k, b-does not TA but crouch, he also kinda steps backward
    d/b k+g-TA

throws
    p+g-no gound attacks guaranteed
    b p+g-ground chop is guaranteed(d/f p)
    HCB p+g-pounce is not guaranteed. easy to evade with sideroll
    b,f p+g-pounce is not guaranteed, but very hard to evade
    f,f p+g-pounce is guaranteed, if you dont techroll
    FC,f p+g-pounce, [b,f k+g] or [f,f k,k] guaranteed
    I do not know much about catch and wall throws.

Lion has a lot of moves that can make opponents stagger, compared to others.
    I think that staggering opponents is very important factor to do good amount of damege for Lion in Ver.B.

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

FC,f p+g-pounce, [b,f k+g] or [f,f k,k] guaranteed

Maybe I should have asked this before when Rich posted it, but I'm curious. How can f, f+K, K follow FC, f+P+G? Is this an OTB followup?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If VF4test was any indication, yeah. f,f+KK was like a replacement for d+KK. However, some situations could be tech-rolled or quick-rised. But since this is a throw coming from Lion, I figure the quick-rise/roll options are dead.

b,f+K+G and f,f+KK were things that Jason Cha would do if I recall. Following the FC throw that is.

Alan, thanks for the post!

-Chanchai

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

You'll see Chibita perform the f,f+KK as a throw followup in his movies.

8. ghostdog

Thanks for the clarification, Chanchai...

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I think we need to make a clear distinction between KD and the classic stagger. Kuzure Down (KD) = the new special fall-down animation. Stagger = classic *struggle-able* stagger, through elbows and such.

KD doesn't look struggle-able at all (is it?). Saying it's a stagger is extremely misleading, when rigour time can't be reduced and by the fact that it's basically a new fall-down animation.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

From what I know and since I've tried my very bloody best...KD is currently..to my best knowledge un-struggle-able

I've eaten a few KD moves..struggle like mad..and all I see is my character holding his tummy in pain..then fall flat.

It is a new animation, one I went ' oh wow' when I first saw it~

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

11. ghostdog

I remember seeing Chibita performing the f, f+K, K as a followup to the Kuzure Down (I think that's it), but not as a throw followup. I'll have another look at the clips.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=orange>DOG</font color=orange>

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Kuzure Down is unstrugglable and is indeed a knockdown move (I actually think of k.d. as "knockdown").

The f,f+K,K followup after the FC, f+P+G throw is indeed guaranteed because the kicks hit OTB as the throwee's legs kip up.

[​IMG]

13. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    this thread is now unsticky (NT)

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

What cheek

The irony. A month ago I was throwing out tons of things on Sarah and you told me to ease off. Sheesh.

Adio.

15. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

as Feixaq say, these KDs are un-struggle-able, and it's also un-tech-able(unless you follow up with other moves)
    There're three kinds of KDs in VF4, I think.

1. Opponent falls down bending forward with holding his/her stomach animation(e.x. Lion's [f,f p] or Aoi's[b,d/f p]).You can follow up with all kinds of aerial combos or grab them with Lt.

2. Opponent falls down forward like they're fainted(e.x. Lion's [b p+k] or Jeff's[b,f p]).Almost same as above, except that you cannot Lt.

3. Opponent falls down as he turns around, but I'm not sure how to explain.Thesese are caused by the certain low attacks(e.x. Lion's[b,d/f p] or Wolf's[f,d k]).These KDs are also followed by lots of OTB combo.For wrestlers, there's a chance to picking up[d p+g].

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

What about the Sarah/Jacky Heel Seed/Sword KD animation that slams the opponent into the floor and guarantees a pounce?

Adio.

17. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Re: What cheek

Your posts weren't much of use for me... do you think I copied and pasted eg. the whole Myke's post? Nope, I only took a few words (literally). If you post something resourceful, that might find its way to the faq, I'll be grateful - if not, I'm sure other ppl will benefit from your post. Earlier you behaved like someone who's always right, and whose opinion "goes" - if it wasn't your intention, sorry; just a misinterpretation on my side.

<font color=orange>I probably hate you.</font color=orange> /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

What about the Sarah/Jacky Heel Seed/Sword KD animation that slams the opponent into the floor and guarantees a pounce?

Like Jacky's b+K+G? That's not a k.d. animation, but a "kip up" animation that allows you to follow up with OTB combos, also untechrollable and unquickrisable.

[​IMG]

19. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

KD staggers... suggested nomeclature

How about calling a "KD", a stun. Stun seems like a very intiutive name for this, because if you're stunned you can't react (hence no struggle or tech).

my 2 cents worth,
    kbcat

20. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: KD staggers... suggested nomeclature

The only problem I can foresee with that is when people start referring to 'block stun' or 'hit stun' frame rates, etc. However, a stun is a stun and clearly the kumure down is a type of stun.

I think in Tekken, or Soul Calibur, they have a similar situation which is referred to a Crumple Stagger. Now, I hate abbreviations taking over discussions as it all ends looking like some sort of spy code that only those familiar with the jargo can read, but maybe 'CS' could work. Or better yet, why not just write 'crumple' ?! When we refer to wall combos, everyone seems to have no trouble writing 'wall' in the middle of combo description, so why not just right 'crumple' ?.
    eg: Akira: DE, crumple, m-DbPm.

Kbcat, I see your two cents, and raise you a nickel. :)

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>