1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 General FAQ

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hayai_JiJi, Aug 2, 2001.

1. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Re: KD staggers... suggested nomeclature

Yeah... crumple works for me... and yes I can't stand abbreviations like CS, KND, etc. either.

cheers,
    kbcat -- so what moves, stagger, and which move "crumple"?

2. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Re: lion stuff...

Hey thanks for the "basic" stuff esp the part on throws.

I didn't know that b,f+P+G and f,f+P+G throws can pounce in vf4. If the opponent tech roll the f,f+P+G, can I interrupt him with his back turned?? I think I read somewhere that a face down tech roll when interrupted will end up with back turned.

Tried a couple of times with CPU using f,f+P+G, CPU got up with P+K+G I THINK, and staggered CPU a couple of times with sidekick. SO not a bad throw. But it is really tough to do it on reflex, I think you have to guess if opponent is going to tech roll or not.

3. shoda clinic

shoda clinic Member

If the opponent tech roll the f,f+P+G, can I interrupt him with his back turned?? I think I read somewhere that a face down tech roll when interrupted will end up with back turned.
    No, you can't do that after f,f+p+g throw. To take opponent's back, you have to interrupt a tech roll with sidekick when his face is down and head is close to you.
    And oh, I forgot to write that a pounce is guaranteed after back-Ht.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

ya, I think I saw that in the chibita vs Jacky clip on Feixaq's site. Lion hit a b+P+K then a f,f+k,k. Jacky did a tech roll and got hit by a sidekick and ended up with his back turned.

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Why bother calling it anything? It would be like having to give Kage's b,b+K+G VF2/3 type hit animation a name - b,b+K+G (FaceFlop), TT d+K. We'll know by heart sooner or later which moves KD, either by MC or normally, so all that's needed to say is what condition the move hits.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is guaranteed or not, but Chibita used df+P+G ~ df+P,P ~ pounce in one of his clips.

[​IMG]

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

"Stun" is not sufficient as outlined elsewhere IMO... too easy to confuse with block or hit stun. I think the abbr. KD is fine, but we could refer to it as Krumble Down. *shrug* Crumple is also fine for the holding stomach slowly falling animation.

Later.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

The man has a point!

Oh, and btw, your sphincter post made me laugh so hard out loud...thank god I'm the only one in the office this early in the morning. :)

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>