1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf4 guides..which is best?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by shockwave, Mar 16, 2002.

1. shockwave

shockwave Member

i've seen several vf4 guides and was thinking about getting 1. i've heard of RED book, BLUE book, VER.B, VER.C perfect guide, etc. which 1 would be best for ps2 vf4? since these are most likely in japanese text, assuming i know no japanese, would any of these still be helpful? in other words are there enough simple charts, pix, etc to make sense of most of the material. if so, which is best among them?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

You'd best save your money. Any charts you can find in these books are already on this web site's front page or on virtuaproject.

The only useful thing you could get would be a movelist and we've got those.
    There are also ranking charts and frame data, and those are being wrapped up right now. Don't blow the 30-40 bucks unless you're some kinda collector. Any information you need, look for it on here first and then ask on the message board if you don't have any luck.

3. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Also, as an aside, the Prima "guide" for VF4 is available now. Wouldn't you know it, the whole damn book is nothing more than a moves list. Typical American stuff. Did the authors of the book even see this game? If they did, they'd obviously notice Sega's excellent tutorial modes. All they had to do was copy everything down -- and they couldn't even do that. I truly feel sorry for anyone who gets suckered into buying one of these "guides" from the retail stores.

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I was looking through Best Buy ads this week and noticed that they have a "special Best Buy EXCLUSIVE" VF artbook packaged with the guides they're selling. All I saw was the cover image but supposedly it contains images from ALL the VF games.
    Unfortunately, you need to buy the guide to get this book. I have a suspicion it's probably a really tiny, unremarkable little thing anyway... if anyone sees it, please tell us what it's like!

5. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

hmm....i was in best buy today, actually, and I saw the guides. they were shrinkwrapped so i couldn't look through it very well, but i believe the "artbook" they are talking about was shrinkwrapped on the cover. it was really small, probably 5"x7" and didn't look like it could be more than 10 pages at the most. I have a feeling it's probably pretty lame.

6. Kyo

Kyo Member

The Virtua Figher 4 Ver.C Guide from The Playstation Books is probably the best...have some quite indepth infos on the modes, movelists or even items for the PS2 version. Though you will need some japanese knowledge to truely enjoy it...but, IMO, it's a pretty nice addition to your collection of VF4 stuffs or guide boods ^^

7. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

This whole site is better than any FAQ or Guide out there. Check it out, sift through the junk and you definitely get a lot of the experts here. I just got on board today. I played VF2 back in the day and with VF4 coming to PS2 nothing could be better. Hang in there, n00bs! We'll make it through together and have a good time at. Definitely take the time to read what has already been posted. You'll be surprised how often your question may have already been answered through now. Peace...