1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 impression as pf May16th

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, May 16, 2001.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Thanks for your impressions, neogamer.

I have a question for you. Let's say that a fighter is knocked down and is ready to get up with a rising kick. In VF3, there was a short moment of invulnerability for the fighter that gets up while kicking which prevented an opponent from interrupting the kick. Does this short moment of invulnerability exist in VF4 when someone chooses to rise while kicking? I hope you -- and everyone else for that matter -- get what I'm trying to say here. I do have a knack of making simple shit sound complicated. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Kruza

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Now here's an area where I hope will be changed in VF4.

When I first started out in the game, I was always hit by rising attacks...cause I did not know in the instant where they get up and does the attack, it gives them a invunreablity effect.

I mean, heck...I have clips to prove where I do a low sweep, effectively avoiding the rising kick...but my sweep goes past the fool...in return...he low throws me..making me the FOOL /versus/images/icons/mad.gif~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Hmm are you thinking that perhaps since other elements of the game are "tekkenized" this aspect of the game may have also changed to mirror Tekken?,ack I hope not...nothing worse than being face up head towards and getting your rising kick interrupted by a low punch only to then be backwards thrown adding insult to injury.

4. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hehe, well you do bring up a good point and possible scenario about the inclusion of interrupted rising kicks. But there can be positives to this change too if implemented well. Having the ability to interrupt a rising kick -- low sweep or high roundhouse -- with a timely quick strike move would definitely speed up the flow and could dramatically change the dimensions of how a fight pans out. Also, this would emphasize the importance of learning to do a standard rise in the appropriate situation. Remember that hardly anyone (if no one at all) did the standard rise in VF3 because there was such a huge advantage in doing the rising kick instead... mainly due to that short moment of invulnerability. Like you say, I'm thinking that this gameplay aspect just might be altered a bit for VF4 to allow a few moves to interrupt rising kicks, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if this was the case. Now keep in mind that this is just one of my many wayward guesses which can end up being far from the truth. So don't take any of this stuff I say here seriously as for now.

Kruza

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: VF4 impression as of May16th

1) well, most throws seemed to be as fast as throws in VF3, meaning 0 frames to throw opponents. i dont really know what the strict system is. lots of rumors and stuffs...

I'm just thinking back to some earlier throw info which said something along the lines of the throw varying depending on distance from the opponent. Could this mean that if you're close-up, you get the traditional throw (no exe time), but if you're further away it'll turn into a catch throw (with exe time)? This seems to make sense to me. Neogamer, if you can find what's new/changed in the throw system then let us all know!

Thanks.

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

on the subject of throws, could you perhaps tell us what the VF4 throw escape system is like??

7. Guest

Guest Guest

neogamer here

i have a freind in gamespot, and he said that IGN is beggining to crumble. it just doesnt have the running capital (rumor or not, i dont know). They say that IGN has only 600 or so subscribers...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: VF4 impression as of May16th

i wish i could find that out as well. so far it seems to be a 0 frame, but everyone seems to be missing the throw... perhaps the setting/excecuting condition has changed

neogamer (outside)

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey Neogamer, this was something I always wanted to respond to but never did:

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

but enough about me. Lets talk about the game. There are many negative reviews or pessimestic thoughts about the game so far, except the gfx. Well, that was how ppl reacted when VF3 came out, and look at how many liked it.

<hr></blockquote>

By negative reviews and pessimistic thoughts do you mean the ones exhibited by the people on this board? Or are they reactions by Japanese players who've played the test version? Japanese players on message boards? Please let us know what some of the biggest complaints are.