1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in Georgia

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Enishi, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Hey, I doubt anyone here lives in Georgia but do any of y'all know where I can find a VF4 machine in Georgia? I'm gettin desperate to play it and can't wait any longer...

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Dude, sorry... don't think any VF4 machines are in Georgia at the moment. Keep checking this forum though, I'm pretty sure VF4 is arriving stateside very soon.

[​IMG]

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

How long do you think it will be before they start showing up stateside? I hope it is this month I am dying to play this.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Your guess is as good as mine. Jason Cha dropped by at Sunnyvale Golfland yesterday... no luck yet.

[​IMG]

5. Hayai_JiJi

Well I too went to our local arcade hear in Omaha yesterday and no luck. I did see a UPS ground truck pull as I arrived so hear is to hoping.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

God, I'm not going to even bother checking NC out until I start hearing other states getting their VF4s...here's to betting this state will get it last.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

heh, I'll take you up on that bet.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

8. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

The arcade at Underground Atlanta just got a VF4 machine in last week. I hope we can get some people playing it around here.

9. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Nice I'll be in Atlanta in another month, I'd love to have some comp do the sticks work?

10. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Well since VF4 has been snatched away from Jacksonville, I guess I'll go to Atlanta (and Orlando, of course). I'll be up there mid-January. How's the competition?

11. Hayai_JiJi

You let them steal your VF4? FUNK DAT

12. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Heh..Towards the end, there were only about three people who were really playing it consistently. The CPU was about my only competition. Given that, it was inevitable that the game wouldn't be there for more than a few weeks. Just like VF3ob...

13. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

I only played on the 1p side for 15 min. against the ai so far. That stick and buttons worked fine. One thing that was strange though was that the button layout for 1p was opposite of the 2p layout (1p buttons went in a downward curve and 2p buttons went in the normal upward curve). I assume that's so that people don't have to stand so close to one another while playing.

As for competition, I'll have to let you guys know next week when I get to spend some time there during peak times. I'll have to try to get some of the guys I know who play T4 to give it a try.

14. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

nice, do that and get back in touch I dig ATL I'd and would love to have some comp when I go.

15. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

...I only played on the 1p side for 15 min. against the ai so far. That stick and buttons worked fine.

Scratch that. Today I tried switching to MT stance with Vanessa on the 1p side it never worked, but on the 2p side it worked fine. Even though all the buttons work separately on the 1p side, when you do anything that involves p+k they don't register together for some reason. I have a friend who knows the arcade managers so hopefully we can get it fixed.

16. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    I was just wonderin what the cabinet over at underground is like, other than the first player side bein messed up. The main thing I wanna know is the button layout. I tried playin it for the first time at Dave & Busters' but the postition of the buttons was terrible. Very uncomfortable, coupled with the amount of 6-year olds who wanted to challenge me ( all of whom used Jacky...~_~). Thanks

17. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

The main thing I wanna know is the button layout.

Im not sure if you saw my earlier post about it that so I pasted an excerpt from it here:

"...One thing that was strange though was that the button layout for 1p was opposite of the 2p layout (1p buttons went in a downward curve and 2p buttons went in the normal upward curve). I assume that's so that people don't have to stand so close to one another while playing."

So basically its set up so that up is really diagonally up and to the right on p1 side, and its the opposite on the 2p side. So you have to stand of to the side of the machine if you want to get the up direction right. Otherwise you end up pressing u/b or u/f in stead of just up.
    -DMan-

18. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Scratch that. Today I tried switching to MT stance with Vanessa on the 1p side it never worked, but on the 2p side it worked fine. Even though all the buttons work separately on the 1p side, when you do anything that involves p+k they don't register together for some reason. I have a friend who knows the arcade managers so hopefully we can get it fixed.

Well after over a month of waiting, they finally fixed the VF4 at underground. I was there today actually playing real matches against people! Now if I can just get used to evading with those tall american style joysticks...

-DMan-

19. Enishi

Enishi Well-Known Member

PSN:
    dr_curien
    XBL:
    JoeTestman
    Hell ya. I gotta go up to underground some time soon. I like either american or JP sticks so its all good to me.

My only concern is, are the sticks still at a slight angle or did they just fix the button problem? I'll probably play it either way but still....

20. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

My only concern is, are the sticks still at a slight angle or did they just fix the button problem? I'll probably play it either way but still....

Yes they still are at a slight angle. As long as you make sure you find the up direction, its not a big deal. I always stand slightly off to the side of the machine and that usually works for me on the 2p side. After staying away from the 1p side for so long, I've got to get used to where to stand on that side now. (^_^)

-DMan-