1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf4 in mn?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Bedwettah, Oct 28, 2001.

1. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

If and when there is a vf4 machine in minnesota, post its locations here -> _________

seriously though i may as well be asking for a vf3 machine since ridgedale was demolished, i'm guessing the most likely spots 4 would pop up in would be Mall of america since vf3 did so well there initially, and maplewood, since tekken 4 did/does so well there

Signature (up to 150 characters). You may use Markup in your signature

2. Air Jacky

Air Jacky Well-Known Member

VF4 in minesota I think not. Like you said once Ridgedale closed that i was our last hope of VF4. Mall of America most likely will not get it becaues this is a bar arcade and fighting games do not do well as driving games. and the arcade a the mega mall was also owned by danco, who owned all the circus but danco has gone out of business and the sports bar now own that arcade. And they really dont care about VF4.

But one can hope for VF4, becaues i really WANT TO PLAY!!!!! Have to play NOW! And look at the lucky guy in Neb. Omaha playing the VF4. I want to move to omaha.

Anyways, do you play vf3tb Bedwettah? Did you go to ridgedale alot? and what is your name if dont mide me asking?

boyd

3. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

My name is Brady and I visted ridgedale every now and then, played at the megamall when 3 first came there too, played like every character but never really got good with one of them. I remember you were friends with Jesse and the guy that wore the trenchcoat.

Anyway Im gonna talk with the maplewood guy, maybe talk to some of the tekken people (i know some of them really wanna play vf4) and get them to talk with him too. If he thinks vf4 will earn 1/4 the money tekken4 made that place he will get it. I wouldn't be really surprised if it popped up in burnsville either, they got vf3 and fighting games are a cash cow for them. VF3 was more expensive than 4 i believe, and still 5 arcades in mn got it anyway, so I'd say there is atleast a 1 in 3 chance it pops up somewhere around here. I don't know if there would be any big vf scene revival if any place did get it though, even I never really bothered to walk into an arcade since ridgedale closed and I didn't go back into one until t4 came out a month or two ago.

Signature (up to 150 characters). You may use Markup in your signature

4. Air Jacky

Hey Brady
    I just found out that Minnesota is getting 5 VF4s. They should have them in at the end of this week. I hope we can hook up and play there are about 6 to 8 more people that will be playing when it comes out. There should be some good competition. Anyways when VF4 comes out i will post it. You should try to get it at maple groove arcade. it sounds like a nice place.
    boyd

5. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Which arcades are supposed to be getting it? Are they gonna be in the Twin Cities? I could just see it now, 5 machines split between Fargo and International Falls :p

6. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

5!? And by the end of the fucking week no less?! You've gotta be fucking with me!! Anyway I'm guessing some chain of arcades is getting it? Any idea which arcades will get them and exactly when?

I expect good competition from people around here, seeing as how I could regularly get anihilated at vf2/3 by people like Jesse and Bryan; but anyway I'm gonna tell Chris and Bruce about this if they aren't already reading since both seemed interested in the game and tekken 4 is wearing a little thin. I'm sure several other tekken guys will play the game too if it shows up near them.

...five...still blows my mind....

7. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

Be sure to mention which places are getting VF4, so everyone can head out there. I'm still hoping at least one appears at the Megamall, since there's, what -- 3? -- arcades there. Hell, gimmie some place to play that's within walking distance, for cryin' out loud. Rosedale, the rec center at the U of M (St. Paul) campus, whatever.

At least I've got my beloved Saturn to keep me happy. Who's up for drinking games?

8. Air Jacky

I called Leiberman's. I talk to Erine, and he is the one that orders the games. He told me to call back on Friday to see if VF4 is there. But he said it all depends on Sega and when they ship it out to Leiberman's. And i am sure you know that Sega is known for being late.
    Honestly I dont know where they are going to send VF4 to. And Erine also had no idea. So call up your local arcade and tell them to get it in!! I have already called up Jillians at the Mega mall.

Brady I do sort of remeber you once i see you i know I will remember. also does Chris play kage for VF? If so i do remember him.

I will let everyone know where VF4 is going when i find out

seeya at the arcade
    boyd

9. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

yep, chris plays kage

10. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

Sorry if I sound impatient, but I'm guessing this isn't happening anymore?

11. bruce

bruce New Member

uhm where is the VF4 etc
    -bruce