1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in my House NOW HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Discussion in 'Console' started by Prince_Hatim, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Prince_Hatim

Prince_Hatim Well-Known Member

2. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

bastard:) ohh well, i only hav to wait till liek thursday/friday for my copy:) how does it plays so far? is it ver c only? an hows the kumite mode? as hopfully there will be some jap AI emulated well

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Got it from Sega like the rest of us ?

4. Prince_Hatim

Can't talk too much at the moment but it ver. C

Characters look crap, stages look good, plays faster than the arcade version, but it could be because we're playing an NTSC version on a PAL PS2.

We're challenging at the moment so can't talk, BYEEEEEEE

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Nah, probably playing a CDR.
    Pirate trash.

6. Mr. Noisy

Mr. Noisy Well-Known Member

OMG.... you use joypad to play VF4 /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Umm the game does indeed play faster and from the sound of it the prince is indeed playing a pirate .
    Bah .

8. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I 4M l33t BcuZ I G0t TeH PiR8 VF4
    AnD I h4v3 VF4 B3f0r3 yuo
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    YUO = FAGOT

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Explain how it's "faster" please...

10. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

that dont make sense? if u was to play say a ntsc version of vf2 on a pal saturn it would play slower then the arcade by about 17.5% but if u was to run a pal optimised vf2 on a ntsc saturn, it would play much faster! so maybe the reason is playing faster is sega droping the size of the players a bit???

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Backgrounds

Compared to the arcade conversion of vf3tb to the D.C, how does the arcade of V4 BACKGROUNDS compare on the ps2...comparitavely, is the ps2 a better conversion?

12. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

VF4 Console Speed

hopefully we will soon discover if Version C is faster than Version B (this was listed as a tweak, no?), or if the PS2 version gets the usual speed-up in the conversion (VF3tb for DC was faster than VF3tb arcade, I think VF2 Saturn was faster than VF2 arcade).

-Chanchai

13. sansan

sansan Active Member

I don't know what is this all about but i would appreciate if you could write more about the game instead of bragging "Hahaha... got vf4 earlier then all of you".

This is just silly...

14. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

wassup Hatim!

Have to agree game does not look as good as arcade. Lau is still blatant in ver C though. Kage is a bit weaker IMO /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

15. Prince_Hatim

Re: VF4 Console Speed

I don't think it was a tweak, It must be the same as the reason why the DC version of VF3tb was faster than the arcade.

Why can't they get the timing right? Synchronisation issue?

The main problem is that becasue the PS2 is no good at anti-aliasing the characters have jagged edges and it looks worse than DC VF3tb.

16. oldtimer

oldtimer Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Console Speed

jagged edges? Noooooo

Its the end of the world! Ahyiiieeee.

But erm seriously, will all these things matter? To some maybe, but to most, it'll be the gameplay.

"Flame shields on!"

=)

17. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

yeah yeah, I had a VF4 board for +5 month now, big f*cking deal../versus/images/icons/wink.gif

18. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

oh christ, here we go again...

19. Prince_Hatim

I remember why I stopped bothering with this message board, because of people like you.

I didn't insult, abuse or make fun of onyone yet there's a few dick heads, who can't keep their sneyd comments to themselves.

Don't get me going.

20. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

You want a glass of water guys till round 2 begins??