1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in Portland - Still being worked on..

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chanchai, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

VF4 is indeed at the Tilt arcade @ Lloyd Center Mall.

The kit was received last week, but they're still working on the cabinet. I talked to the manager (who is also a friend) about setting up the button layout so that thumb can be used on guard comfortably. Despite the button layout on the control-panel background, the VF4 manual (which I took a look at) practically gives a diagram that looks to me like it would be good for thumb-index-middle. The buttons arcing slightly more along the vertical than horizontal, etc...

The kit is being installed in a black, NFL Blitz deluxe-style standup cabinet. Tilt @ Lloyd makes it a point to align the controls to be like 90 degrees with the monitor when they customize their cabinets, and it's been an excellent decision for all the fighting games positioned that way (so people don't get confused about diagonals).

Anyways, the machine should be up and running pretty soon. I'm pretty excited about it. It's looking great, the manager told me he'll do what he believes he can do for a thumb-index-middle layout, etc... I'm just praying it will work tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that will be the case.

-Chanchai

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

(at the risk of sounding like a broken record)... how many rounds vs cpu and challengers?

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I have been insisting 3/5. However, I've been told that the corporate policy of tilt is to make fighting games generally 2/3 and that this Tilt has been in trouble for changing that in the past.

However, if this is truly the case, they might temporarily follow my appeal to have it at 3/5 in the case of special occasions like a tournament or gathering or something (if a gathering would ever happen in Portland anyways, but hey, Portland's a beautiful city!).

When the game's finally working, I'll go up there by train and play it. I'll give a full report when that happens.

BTW, had some awesome 3dc matches last night with quite a few Portland players/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

4. Mr. Callahan

Mr. Callahan Member

Let me know... I'll get my ass handed to me but it'll be fun anyway.