1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in Seattle (to be)

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Chanchai, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Hey all, this is Chanchai messaging from Seattle, WA (been getting lots of VOOT and T4 action up here).

Anyways, a rumor that is confirmed by the owner and employees... The arcade, "Quarters," which is located at pier 57 will be getting VF4 "sometime this week" (or next).

The current plans are to have VF4 put in a custom cabinet which used to house one of the Bowling videogames. The cabinet is of the deluxe-tube variety. The button layout will be custom as well, and I advised a layout accomodating thumb on Guard--However, I also gave the honest perspective on what the VF4test machine layout was.

Anyways, to remind you, this is the Quarters at the pier. Not the Quarters in Kirkland (though they will probably get VF4--but I can confirm they have Tekken 4 along with Gameworks).

Note about VF3 Machine at Gameworks:
    VF3OB--It's no longer completely crappy! Sticks feel like new. However, they are Happ 360's, but for some reason, the diagonals are too close to up and down and only cover a very tiny area (hard to hit diagonals, awkward placement). Other than that, I could play the game fine--though cursing at the diagonals a bit every now and then. Phosphers (know I spelled that wrong) on the cabinet seem to be wearing out on the projection screen as it's getting pretty dark though. VF4 at Gameworks is still up in the air.
    For those interested, VF2 is also at the Pier 57 Quarters. Player 1 stick was perfectly fine and player 2 stick will get fixed very soon (has a habit of hitting up with almost any tap you press--stick will be replaced).

-Chanchai

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oh shit, I think it's time for me to visit Seattle..!

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Well, I know where I'm going for my vacation!
    Chanchai, I thought you lived in Portland. How far is it from Seattle?

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Seattle is 3 hours from Portland (add another hour and a half for my apartment and you get 4.5 hours if I go to Seattle during the school sessions).

I was hanging out in Seattle for a couple days with members of the Auburn/Seattle VOOT players (they have a VOOT machine in Seattle as well) and figured I would stay a little longer before school starts for me (school starts this coming Monday for me).

I can't wait till Portland gets VF4 (if it does). As for Seattle, I hope their scene doesn't fizz-pop! like it did for VF3. There WAS a scene, but it didn't last all that long (and I have no idea how good/bad it was, but let's be optimistic). Then again... VF's standard North American audience tends to be those on the verge of marriage or career.... or so it seems.

However, I at least know quite a few up there who are dying to play the game and all.

-Chanchai