1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in Southen Cali?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by LomBeR, Jan 10, 2002.

1. LomBeR

LomBeR New Member

Throw down at shgl?

are there any socali players here?

plz reply thanks

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    there are a few of us, but I usually play at UCLA or other places in LA proper, as shgl's setup isn't the best.

Where do you live?

Spotlite

3. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hello? "plz reply, thanks".

I think the reason the other LA VFer that lurks here, Gribbly, isn't responding is because I already did, so I think We're both waiting to hear from you again, Lomber.

Are you still there? Maybe you got a PM from Grib, or were hoping for PM response?

Spotlite

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I live in Souther Cali. I also play VF4 to bad I have never played a human player in that game. I went to SHGL when they had the beta but haven't been since. I now play it at my local arcade in Rowland Heights. Its a Japanese themed arcade called Arcade Infinity. Not sure how to tell if its Version B. (any ideas would help), but I go quite often and play by my lonesome. Arcade Infinty is a great place good controls plus they have great games that you really don't see anywhere else except fpr Japan. Only bad side is its only 2 rounds for vs. mode. Maybe I can talk to the owner and see if he could switch the rounds. He should because I think Im the only one that plays Vf4 there. Anyways I wouldn't mind meeting up at Ucla, but where is that arcade. I've been to Westwood many times but I never felt like walking thru the campus looking for an arcade. Any help would be appreciated. Hope we can meet so I can finally play someone.

p.s. 3 more weeks till I have Vf4 at home :) :)

5. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hey

I'd like to check out the arcade where you play. Today is saturday, and I don't have to work until 5...

Where is rowland heights? my roomate says it's near the airport...

does that arcade have japanese style cabinets?

Spotlite

6. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Hmm... just called 411 for Arcade Infinity... no listing.

BTW the UCLA arcade is in the Ackerman Union Building on the campus, southern area. Anyone there can tell you where it is. If you're coming into UCLA on westwood from the south, Ackerman Union is on your right hand side, big building.

It's 11:30 am... anyone want to meet for a few hours today (anywhere but shgl)?

Spotlite

7. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Well, it's 1:30. Guess I'll just train at College Arcade by myself, if anyone wants to show up. Be there until about 5.

Spotlite

8. Brisal73

ok Arcade Infinity is not near any airport. Rowland Heights is near the Puente Hills Mall, City of Industry area. If you ever heard of Malibu SpeedZone its next to that. Arcade Infinity doesnt open till around 1pm, but the good thing is that they never close. I have been there till 3am on some days. I think they only close when the last person is done playing games. The set up is a giant Megalo Sega Screen. Japanese joystick and buttons. Its 50c. to start and continue. The address is...

1380 S. Fullerton Rd. Suite 206
    Rowland Heights, Ca 91748

The arcade is all the way in the back. Take the stairs to the top next to the Market

I'll be there late tonight. Probably around 10pm or so. My name is Brian. Im a white dude with a Bruin hat on and the only person playing Vf4.

9. Solstice0

Solstice0 Member

SHGL is the only place to play around here fella. You'd know i'd tell u if there was another place to play around here! BTW, LomBeR and i are out here in Riverside. I'm down to play anywhere in the I.E. area if ne1 knows of someplace that has VF4 locally (Gameworks perhaps?).

10. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Okay, guys. I see where Arcade Infinity is, it's kind of south east of LA, but still closer to Gribly and I than SHGL.

I'm stoked about the Megalo, and the late hours!

Gribbly, Solstice, Lomber, Brisal, and anyone else (I'm still in contact with Zerom, but it seems he doesn't want to play, and one of Chanchai's homies just got in touch with me, too); let's all try to get together sometime this week at Arcade Infinity!

I think SHGL's layout isn't so great, and the monitor is low-res. UCLA is a little out of the way, and College's 1P side stick is shit. I like the Megalo, and I like the late hours factor as well.

When is good for people this week? Night-time is better for me.

Grib, I can give you a ride if we have a get-together.

What do you guys think? Maybe we can start a real LA group!

Spotlite

11. Brisal73

just let me know a day and time.

12. Solstice0

Solstice0 Member

well, if the arcade does infact stay open late i think i could make it this week. tues, wed, or thurs would be good. i'd have to leave my class about an hour early or so by it wouldnt be a prob. lemme know the details soon. oh yeah, make no mistake about it, us players here in Riverside r newbies at VF4. Making the transition from T4 isn't easy.=)

13. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Okay, Tuesday or Wednesday Night, which is better for people?

Spotlite

14. Brisal73

either day is fine just let me know. I went to AI today and I have one question for you guys. How do you know if the VF machine is infact Version B. Im not positive its Version B. It probably is but i don't want to piss anyone off if they drive all that way and its not. Let me know then I'll check. Ok...cool.

15. Brisal73

One more thing.... At AI there is also a curfew thing in that city. You have to be 18 or older to be there after 8pm. If you are under 18 you will get a ticket if the police catch you. I know it sounds stupid but I have seen the cops doing this. Just wanted to make sure you guys are aware.

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

If the intro shows the characters on Wolf's stage
    then it's Ver B

If it shows Lei's stage...then it's Ver A

17. Brisal73

Thanks...Its Version B at AI then.

18. Solstice0

Solstice0 Member

sorry guys, i won't be able to make it down there till friday. i'll be there regardless of who shows up cause i need an alternative to SHGL *is praying for a local machine*.

19. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I can make it Wednesday night if I can get a lift with you...?

cam.

20. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Okay, let's plan on Wednesday night. Is that okay with everyone?

I met a guy at college arcade today who's actually pretty good and has a lot of potential name Mazzi (I think). Maybe I can keep in touch with him...

Grib, I can give you a ride. Where's your office? I'll warn you, I'm probably gonna want to stay until everyone's tired of playing ;). What time should we plan to meet at the Arcade?

Spotlite