1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Shou, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Just a note to potential VF4 players in STL, we are getting a VF4 kit later this week for private use meaning not for an arcade. A few people in the local Tekken group (that group has a Tekken 4 board) have expressed interest in switching over since T4 has some major problems so there should be some decent competition. If anyone's interested, leave me a msg.

Shou-sama
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://neo-classic.org/shou>eMptY souls </A>

2. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Heh, as I thought, there isn't anyone else out here. ;)

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    did you guys finally get your kit? how do you like it?

Spotlite

4. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Yeah, we got it almost 2 weeks ago. I'm undecided on VF4. Maybe I'm alone on this but it doesn't feel like VF to me. Although, I haven't put that much time into it yet (it isn't mine after all). I'll be playing it some more tomorrow night but there hasn't been much good competition so far. The game looks great on my 36" monitor though. ;)

5. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Doesn't Sumeragi play with you? Heh...that is pretty good competition i think! Have you played it in your vf3tb cabinet? What kind of 36" monitor is it that you play on?

6. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Doesn't Sumeragi play with you? Heh...that is pretty good competition i think! Have you played it in your vf3tb cabinet? What kind of 36" monitor is it that you play on?

<hr></blockquote>

Nah, Sumeragi hasn't lived in St. Louis for a few years now, we just get together at E3 annually. I really miss playing against him but if he hadn't left, I don't think I would have become better. The power supply in my Astro City blew due to Tekken 4's abnormal power consumption (damn Namco!) so I haven't played anything on it lately. Anyway, the monitor in that cab only does low/mid resolution so it doesn't matter. The 36" monitor I use for gaming is a RCA HDTV. I've never watched TV on it though. ;)

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Shou : Maybe I'm alone on this but it doesn't feel like VF to me.

Said the guy who admited to having played verry little VF in his life .
    You admitted that you know next to nothing about the VF games and that you rather played DoA2 then actually use youre VF3tb board since youre friends preffered DoA2 and you only played for competition .
    Now you come here and say IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE VF .
    Yeah like youre the expert .
    I think one thing everyone here can agree on ( both those who prever VF3tb and those who prefer VF4 ) is exactly that VF4 feels like a VF game .
    My cats are hungry Shou .

8. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Said the guy who admited to having played verry little VF in his life .
    You admitted that you know next to nothing about the VF games and that you rather played DoA2 then actually use youre VF3tb board since youre friends preffered DoA2 and you only played for competition .
    Now you come here and say IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE VF .
    Yeah like youre the expert .
    I think one thing everyone here can agree on ( both those who prever VF3tb and those who prefer VF4 ) is exactly that VF4 feels like a VF game .
    My cats are hungry Shou .

<hr></blockquote>

Wow, Ali must know my whole life story. I have played every VF and wait a minute, I own all the boards too. Can I play them all at an advanced level? No, I cannot and fully admit that. Unlike you, I know my place and I'm not going to boast that I can play only to be smacked down & be a whiny bitch, "Oh, I'm not used to this version", Oh, the joysticks are different"...yeah, yeah, whatever, I never claimed to be the expert. Someone asked for my opinion and I gave it, that's it, end of story. Normally, I wouldn't respond to such a flame but your pathetic case requires some attention.

9. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Oooh he owns the boards ( isnt he l33t guys, I mean he owns the boards he MUST be HARDCORE ) .
    Shou you own lots of crap you rarely IFF EVER play .
    Youre not a gamer youre a collector, there is a big difference there .
    Check some of the other threads here , people are trying to convince arcades to set up the buttons in a certain way or complain about the western button placements and thats not being anal theyre legit complaints .
    For someone who had played VF3tb on DC for less then half an houre total and who is used to VF3A I dont think I did that badly .
    Maybe you can ask the oppinion of Shota ( he is well known here ) who I fought in Chicago in July with a standard DC pad .
    Now this board is the wrong place to contineu oure GameGo feud so id like to ask you to email me youre responses to ali@the-nextlevel.com ( I like a good fight , especially with a pompous ass like you ) .
    I hope we can get some good hostilities goin trough email .

Regards Ali .

10. vfighter

vfighter Member

Hi. I will be back in St. Louis over the Christmas/New Year's holiday. Any idea if any arcades in the Metro area have VF4? Thanks.

11. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

AFAIK, none of the major arcades have VF4 out here.