1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 International Tournament

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by dynamic-league, Oct 8, 2001.

1. dynamic-league

dynamic-league Well-Known Member

Now is a good time to talk to your local SEGA office and ask them if they would sponsor 1-2 people for the VF4 International Tournament. When the distributors have made all the sales, they think they can make, they give up on promotions. So now is the time to go for it.

They are more likely to sponsor 1-2 players from your country now while they are still trying to make sales of VF4 machines. They know that a International Tournament is sure to raise awareness and interest.

If your local distributor sets aside a budget for 1-2 player flight and hotel, ($1000-$1500 ?) we should be able to organise something among ourselves. If you ask SEGA to organise it they would probably/definately say no way, too much headache.

Basically, if each SEGA division sponsors a little we the fans can do a lot with it.

What do you think?

"Rise to the challenge"

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Is this also part of your notorious humor?

3. dynamic-league

Heh ! No, this is for real.

It makes sense if you follow the logic.
    If enough people are really interested they can influence SEGA.

I reckon we can get the European division interested with some back up from the other territories.

Does anybody think $1000-$1500 is not a realistic budget?

"Rise to the challenge"

4. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Yeah, you tell him! Those who have the flag must wave it at those who don't have the flag! Um, or something!

<font color=orange>You now speak to GLC.</font color=orange>

5. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

well,

sega did held one international tournament for VF3. Sigh I still remember losing my match in Singapore 5-4 after leading 4-0 sigh... was UK represented in that tournament, I dun remember.

6. dynamic-league

Can you find out who distributes SEGA games in Singapore? Or who organised the tournament?
    I can probably find out from this end but if you know some guys who can demonstrate an interest I can pull some strings this end to get SEGA Singapore moving. I'm sure they can afford to send over 2-3 players.

"Rise to the challenge"

7. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

wait a second,, if we'll do that for U.K. , why don't instead we do it for Japan player??
    I personally wanted to pitch in half if someone can help convince Chibita or Kyasao to come here for a weekend gathering (NY or Chi). I think it would be cool if he gave some form of a clinic also to clerify some techniques for what top players do in japan. Kyasao seems for social for such a thing,
    But i think this would be a greater idea and/or combine the two.
    I'm up for it, and now that we're all older, we can all pitch in for it.. I'm in with 300 dollars.. anyone else???

fag-stino

__-___---____

8. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Yeah-- I'd be very interested in seeing a Japanese master visiting the states to demo VF4 for us. I'd be willing to travel to see that especially if we would have the chance to play him too.

9. dynamic-league

Yes, Kyasao came to the UK a fews years back. He was working for Gamest. He came to do the Tetsujin TV show on Gamesmaster Channel 4.
    Gamesmaster payed for his trip and stay.

But I think the cost is too high for VF4 fans to finance properly.
    The effort put into raising the cash for such an event would be better spent building relationships with SEGA. After all it is their game and it is good for business to be supporting the fans.

All you need is a letter/fax/email from each territory expressing the level of interest in such a project. If SEGA think there is only a few people interested they will not see it as worth the effort.

You can be sure SEGA R&D and Yu Suzuki would support the project but there are about another 50 layers of middle management to convince and they only understand numbers.

"Rise to the challenge"

10. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

That's true, so we should all join in and show some inthusiasm and support for such a project.

But if it doesn't go through, I know its just a game, but i think as 'fans' we should be willing to commit to something and trying to organize such an event ourselves. I through the number of 300 dollars as a rough high estimate of how much i am willing to commit for such a thing.
    Just wondering how much others would want such a thing. gladly not so much cash, I hope, but if we do some good planning in ticket buying, having free housing and good hosting. But it takes a joint effort from those interested.

__-___---____

11. steve_dynamic

steve_dynamic Well-Known Member

Anyone still interested in this VF4 International Tournament?