1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 is at the Mall of America!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Air Jacky, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Air Jacky

Air Jacky Well-Known Member

Yes it is finally VF is here!!!!!
    It is at the Sports Bar Arcade.
    It is in good condition.
    see ya there
    boyd

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Congrats to you guys out in Minnesota! Looking forward to seeing how the scene goes out there. Maybe even getting a nice Lion vs. Lion match against Sam in the future :)

3. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

It's about time! Do you have any idea the last time that place got a new arcade game? I was seriously getting worried about seeing VF4 before March (Playstation 2).

I'll be hitting there this weekend, probably. Lookin' forward to the fights.

4. Daniel Thomas

Yes! Virtua Fighter 4 is in the Twin Cities. And wouldn't ya know it, the joysticks are ALREADY broken. The damn thing is in a simple conversion kit, the joysticks are loose, and the 1P stick is already breaking down. You just know it's never gonna be fixed.

5. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

Today I noticed I couldn't really dodge or dash foward on the 1-player side, which uhh kinda sucks for a quick character like Pai. I thought that arcade was usually good about fixing shit, they always fixed my pinball games in under a week. I think I'm gonna play only intermittently like I did vf3 unless a better machine pops up.

Oh also,
    Sam > Chibita

6. ETPharaoh

ETPharaoh Well-Known Member

The left joystick isn't that bad at all. It just takes a certain amount of adjustment. Jesse racked up a 30 win streak on that side and I managed 41 wins on it as well. The only problem that I have noticed is that forward can often be incorrectly inputted and come out as down-forward. Easily overcome if you readjust your thinking.

Sam the Lion

7. Daniel Thomas

Ya know, I just gotta laugh at how much better you two guys are than everybody else at the Megamall. Absolutely no one comes close to beating either of you. Sure, occasionally, one of us forces a Round 5, but you know who's gonna end up on top. You're also right about the sticks; they're still too loose, but with practice you can get the right moves down a most of the time.

8. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

My ff on the left side doesn't result in a crouch dash, so maybe im using the stick differently but some of my fowards are coming out as nothing not d/f. Also, on the right side, either my lefts or rights were coming out as upper-diagnols.

Are you by any chance the guy that plays sarah and brought a movelist to the arcade and commented on my skillful akira knee'ing? Just curious.

9. Daniel Thomas

Oh, yeah, that's me, good 'ol DT. I still don't have everybody's name down yet, for some odd reason. I'm usually trying to bring some notes so I have something new to practice with. Much of the time I bounce around with various characters, but for now I'll stubbornly stick with Sarah until I get some damn consistency.

Personally, I'm always impressed when I see someone perform the high-end moves of VF, like Akira's knee or SPOD, generally assuming that anyone skilled enough to use those moves is an expert at the game. Of course, I've also seen a couple Akira players who can do SPOD and little else. Go fig.