1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 is in Omaha RIGHT NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Nutlog, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I showed up at our FFC and low and behold VF4 was there. We almost passed out. For the first time in well...damn I think ever, this was the first machine that realy pulled the crowds away from the Capcom games out here. We had a constant run of between 5-8 players all waiting to play all night for about 5 hours solid. It was just too great.

Will post up more on impressions tomorrow, but I"ll say this right now. Jeffrey is a beast. Plain and simple. Sarah seems to be much improved, as well as Shun.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Is Vanessa in the game?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.feixaq.com/vf4>[​IMG]</A>

3. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yup, as far I can tell it's the full version. Has most of the earmarks I've been hearing about.
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Nutlog on 10/27/01 03:04 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sweet, maybe we'll start seeing VF4 machines appearing in the US, finally.

Care to update us with the...

- Arcade name and location
    - Rounds vs CPU / challenger
    - Cabinet type

...? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Family Fun Center
    Omaha, Nebraska

2 out of 3 (both CPU and vs), 50 cents a play

It's a kit installed in a 50" cabinet

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Nutlog on 10/27/01 03:09 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Wow, that's fast! Okay, updating now...

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Forgot to ask... did you notice if there were VF.net and card icons with a red slash through them at the bottom of the screen? If so, it might be an import Japanese board. If they're totally not there, or if you saw an anti-drug or "lifelike violence" msg, then you know it's a US version.

8. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

There were no Vf.net icons anywhere that we saw...aside from stuff in the backgrounds and all. I wasn't looking for em, but I can verify tomorrow.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's the VF.net texture on the floor of Wolf's stage, but that should be it. Sounds promising, hopefully SVGL will get its machine soon too!

10. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, yes !!!

I can't wait!!! Finally we started to get VF4 ver B in US.

A question: Is it US version, or just someone imported from Japan? I am just curious because if it is really US version, we should get more soon.

I am still not strong enough. It is a long way to be...

11. Cros

Cros Member

Yeah. You guys were ripping me apart. It was fun though. I'm definitely going to try to learn how to "really" play. Maybe in a month or two I can move out of the scrub category...

The T4 crowds are dwindling. I need a game people are willing to play.

I’m not positive. But I though it was the American version. I don’t remember seeing any icons in the corner. I thought I was told a couple weeks back, that FFC had the American version on order.

12. segaduck

Re: ...

Thanks for your reply.

Can you check it again and tell us? Because I need some good news to cheer me up after the dispearance of VF4 in SVGL.

<font color=orange>A VF fan waiting for ver. B in SVGL</font color=orange>

13. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Re: ...

Yes, it is the american version. Confirmed.

14. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

It is the US version. The marquee has the life like mild violence thing on it. All the end credits are in english and there is not a trace of Japanese in the game.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

15. segaduck

To Nutlog, Longlyfighter:

Thank you for your great information. I am happier to prepare for my midterm this week. Enjoy your VF4, lucky guys /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=orange>A VF fan waiting for ver. B in SVGL</font color=orange>