1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[VF4 Japan News] August, 17th EC VS WC 10 on 10

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by maddy, Aug 24, 2003.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

On August 17th, Dejabu cup, which took place in Kobe,
    was won by the team named [Virgin, Girl, Whore, and
    Lady] which is consisted of Gerila[La],Nakato[Ak],
    Mukky[Ak], Skelton[Kage], and Tokyobanana[Wo].

As a side event, there was a 10 on 10 east coast VS
    west coast event. Both teams had the best players in
    Japan, and they even had coaches for each team.
    These were the members on each team.

*Team west coast. [Maeda coach]

Joe[Jacky], Magnum[ Je] , Tomas Okada[ SA], Mikkang
    [La] , Yaoichi[ Aki] , 8 [WO] , Ho-ryong[La] , Yanaga[Shun], Dae-wuen-ha[WO] , Minami[Ak]

*Team East Coast[ Coach: Gerila]

Chibita[Li], Tsuchikumo[Pai] , Segaru[Wo], Oshu[Ak]
    Inotchi[Ak], Itabishi Zangi[Sh], Mukki[Ak] , Homestay[
    Ak], Yoro[ Ka], Ani[Sarah]

And the result was...............

Joe 2-3 <font color="white"> Inotchi </font>
    Magnum 2-3 <font color="white"> Inotchi </font>
    Tomas Okada 1-3 <font color="white"> Inotchi </font>
    Mikkang 2-3 <font color="white"> Inotchi </font>
    <font color="white"> Yaoichi </font> 3-1 Inotchi
    Yaoichi 2-3 <font color="white"> Tsuchikumo </font>
    <font color="white"> 8 </font> 3-0 Tsuchikumo
    8 2-3 <font color="white"> Ani </font>
    <font color="white"> Ho-ryong </font> 3-1 Ani
    Ho-ryong 1-3 <font color="white"> Mukki </font>
    Yanaga 2-3 <font color="white"> Mukki </font>
    Dae-wuen-ha 2-3 <font color="white"> Mukki </font>
    <font color="white"> Minami </font> 3-2 Mukki
    <font color="white"> Minami </font> 3-1 Homestay
    Minami 2-3 <font color="white"> Oshu </font>

As a summary,with big contributions by Akira players,
    EC beat WC by 10-5.

Personaly, /Me jealous of Japanese having so many those great players that this kind of event can be happening. Let's see if clips of those will be released in the future.

Cheers,

-Maddy-

(source from the Lanei report on VFevo.com.)

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report.

Looks like it takes a 90 percent akira to take out an 85 percent akira... mukky was on a tear.

3. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

It's sad that Chibita, Segaru, Itabishi, and Yoro didn't get a turn in the battle. EC only got to use 6 players. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

On August 17th, Dejabu cup, which took place in Kobe

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be Deja Vu, no?

[ QUOTE ]

Personaly, /Me jealous of Japanese having so many those great players that this kind of event can be happening. Let's see if clips of those will be released in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably deserves another post, but I think it's worth mentioning again. VF Evo is getting hard to enjoy unless you put a lot of effort into finding "fun" players to play against. Spotlite mentioned this about Tokyo players when he came to Japan after a several month hiatus. I've been spending time in Akihabara buying computer stuff, and I play there. I can honestly say... it took me like 10 different matches to find someone worth fighting. The guy was damn good, and knocked my Pai down a level, but I'd rather do that than play different dan-leveled players and fall asleep.

Sometimes I just think if I'm not playing w/ my friends, or playing the wrong game center, it's just too dammn boring. I played against a Sarah w/ a nice win ratio that literally had 80% of his game made up of that double-kick (mid->high) that floats. Except he'd just do the first part, wait, do it again, until he hit and could float me. I agree, this is fair play, but I don't have to like it. I don't know anyone that would enjoy a match where ANY move is whored 80% of the time.

There are even people who'e pre-fight chat message says, "Don't play me if you're boring." /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know, I know I'm bitching and it's better here than anywhere else... just gets to be a bummer when you go to an arcade with about 12 pairs of Evo machines, and it takes 45 minutes to have a fun match.

I did have a match against Joe's Jacky, and that was pretty enjoyable. Faired pretty well all things considered.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

How about that Inotchi guy?? Wow, took out half the team. The East Coast team was just too strong.