1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Kage's elbow

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, Oct 6, 2001.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Reversals

I AM NOTT GONIG 2 ARGEU WITH U BCUS I R NOT DISPUTEING N E THING U SAID.

I am not 'selling' you anything to buy, I'm merely clarifying what I *think* spot is trying to say... that one reversal command now results in both
    1. the animations we traditionally associate with mid reversals and
    2. those that we used to think of as 'high reversal' animations.

I agree with you that a mid reversal is a mid reversal, period. The face that akira might do one of five animations when you enter d/b+P+K doesn't mean that d/b+P+K is several different moves in one command.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

I NO WAHT U SIAD I WAS AGRENIG WIT WAHT U SAID.

I R NOT bUYNIG SPOTS TERMS OR ANY SOrT OF RATSHUNILIZASHUN FOR OVERCUMPLiCATNING TINGS.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

What I meant by "mid high" was this:

moves like Jacky's Beat Knuckle, or Jeff's Middle Hell Stab, which have classically been reversed high, and gotten the high reversal animation, are now reversed with d/b+P+K, mid. Yet the high animation still comes out. That's why I called it high/mid or whatever, you reverse mid/ high animation.

I'm not trying to create new terms here, just trying to understand.

Spotlite

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

sounds like you got the gist of it. I wonder if the designers originally wanted a system like that all along, and then after implementing it saw that a sidekick reversal animation when applied to a puntkick just didn't look natural. Maybe from that point they decided to change the reversal level for some mid moves (when what they should have done was keep the reversal level, but change the animation.. which is what we see in VF4).

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're probably right. I think that's what the movelist was trying to say... that you could get a reversal animation to come out from both b+P+K and db+P+K depending on the move reversed, not because db+P+K counters mid + high.

All I know is, Kage's punch reversals suck now, having been split into b+P+K and db+P+K.

P.S. Anybody knows of any good followups to (JS) P+K+G midkick reversal?

[​IMG]

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC

I think you're right about some moves looking strange being reversed with a mid reversal animation. I also think it holds true since the only true mid-punch reversal animation in the game is the elbow animation; which would indeed look strange reversing moves like the Beat Knuckle.

It just forces people like me who have been reversing mid punches high for years to re-think things, but that's fine.

Spotlite