1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4+knife-swap+GS2 (v2.01, 1.9)+PS2v.4 !=work

Discussion in 'Console' started by Nutlog, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Thought I'd pass this on to folks...The Gameshark with the knife swap will not boot VF4 on a version 4 US PS2.

Edit: Ok, here's the deal...an original won't boot. You have to burn a copy of it and then it will work.

2. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

On my V4 (although it's a PAL one) there's a plastic edge in the way of any cog turning or pin moving..
    Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a way around it?

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Can you SEE the pin? Is the pin itself blocked? Or does it seem like there's a wall of plastic between you and the pin?

If the answer is the second one, I had a friend who thought the exact same thing, it turns out all he needed to do was lift the CD tray up a little to be able to see it. The plastic 'wall' was actually just normal, doesn't interfere with anything.
    Try inserting a knife into the small opening between the bottom of the CD tray and the plastic wall. Lift the tray a hair. You should be able to spot (and move) the white pin.

4. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Oh really? Wow, thanks alot CreeD, I'm off to try it right away! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

... Tried it.

The pin is there as you say, I'll post my results later for other PAL V4 owners to read.

/Mirkan

5. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Hahhaha, great.. now the disc is stuck in the drive.. how do I do now?

Edited: IT LIVES! It works too! Although I can't get color on it. (prolly due to the RGB AV cable I use) I can verify that the swap trick works on a PAL V4 machine.

Should the CD get stuck in the machine, fear not, for this is not the end. Just turn it on, let the CD spin for a while and dispay the "read error" message. Then push the pin back carefully to the original position, if you've done right you'll see the CD door kinda.. lock down. Now you can push the button and the door will slide out like it normally would.
    By now you should take a deap breath before trying again.

(I can't belive I'm still alive, I nearly cried when my CD got stuck)

Good luck!

/Mirkan