1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Lion FAQ

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Please post Lion VF4 experiences. Thx in advance. BTW -if anyone is buying a VF4 for shipment to NYC please post info.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

lion may just be the hardest character to win with in vf4

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I look forward to reading Lion VF4 movelist

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Mr. Bungle posted this... Thx Rich!
    (=*;*=) Lion
    =======

new moves
    ---------

b+P+K
    M(?)
    charge attack

b,b+K,d+K+G
    L
    a TT low level kick (?)

stance (?)
    ------

b,f+P+K+G
    stance

while in stance =

= d+P
    ?
    ?

= d+K
    ?
    ?

misc
    ----

ub/uf+P+K+G
    the VF3 df/uf+E

5. Big Dipper

Big Dipper Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Lion FAQ (=*;*=)

I'm only going to post this once.
    (=*;*=)
    www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion
    is under construction.. a little more will open up each week. This weekend i will finish the movelist w/ comments.
    Links: on front page to vfdc.com and virtuaproject.com

In two weeks The Brotherhood of 7 Star VF will post how to defeat the CPU Akira and Doral. Pai is a fine eliminator of scrubs and newbies. The first time I played VF4 she cornered me for almost half the round. Akira is brutal against my scubby Lion. Advanced strategies will appear toward the end of the month. Thx in advance for your comments. Really, it is a fan page w/ semi-useful stuff. Is Lion the most hated VF character in VF4?

6. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I think Jacky still takes the crown for most hated character, but Lion is getting there ;-)

7. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Agreed. Jerky is the only VF chara whose name is consistently mispelled by VF players.

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

And Kage is probably the most mispronounced name in the US, right? Beating Lion because Kage's been around since VF1/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

9. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Actually,

a FAQ is not that useful nowadays as you can download all the movies from Japan. I just watched the latest chibita vs akira clip (which Chibita lost). Chibita's play is very clean.

Things to note,
    Chibita used the dodge low swipe (d/b+p+k??) a couple of times. First time he crouched dashed backwards for a uppercu, second time he got interrupted by a dashing elbow. Both points to the fact that this low swipe do not give you initiative even when hit. not very useful.

He did a d+p+k+g dodge after a float and ended up on the other side of the opponent... that is interesting.

Basically, very good play. Punishing techrolls and punishing no tech rolls very well.

10. Big Dipper

six pages<><><> still crude<><>under construction
    http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Lion.html
    Please post corrections and thoughts...Thx to all the players that added ideas.
    gg time to be prep chef!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

11. Big Dipper

d/f+P+G-> d/f+P-> d/f,D/F(crouch dash)-> Meteor Punch (d,d/b,b+P-> ` or ` FC_f+P+G are also viable alternatives for LE ( Lion Exchange) in VF4.
    ... and my favorite: d/f+P+G->u+P+K->d+K,K especially valuable against reversal prone opponents.

12. Big Dipper

back in July Rich posted new "misc." ( see thread) moves for Lion VF4.
    I have experimented with them and have this permutation:
    f+P -> u/f+P+K+G or d/f+P+K+G -> u+K -> f+P -> u/f+K
    The VF4 Peter UMass "Mantis Dance"
    and this:
    Seven Star "lost move" Stab and Slab"
    P+K -> d/f+P,P -> d/f+P
    Ordo Templi Mantis Orientis added 100 plus combos
    thx to Kenji-san's fine combo engine.
    Hyperlinked: d/f+P+G (LE) to Big Dipper page
    *Here in New York City (NYC) things are pretty sad, sometimes downright morbid, with all the funerals and memorials for lost comrads after 9/11/01 attack. The chinatownfair VF4 machine is a godsend.

13. Big Dipper

Ok, I've found quite a bit about lion Vf4 with a little help from my friends...
    Now I've found an interesting page from Famitsu covering: b,f+K+G,b/d+P and the flowchart from same. trouble is I can't read it. here is the addy ( URL) if anyone can translate or better still relate from experience whas up?
    http://www.famitsu.com/game/special/2001/11/01/mkII_vir.html

I've also been saving and cat-a-log'n a virtual cornicopia of VF4 Combo discussions through email VF4 friend in Japan and hope to add to these discussions too. Shout out to ChanChoi, BigCat, Alan Tan, HIRO, Andy, and Jang./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Big Dipper

Re: VF4 Lion FAQ<>Evil Lion stuff;P

No wonder they call him "<font color=white>EVIL LION</font color=white><font color=red>!</font color=red>". Here in New York (NYC) the quickest way to get someone to challenge your VF skills is to play one of the most hated VF characters, Lion!
    <font color=white>Lion's Catch This Throw</font color=white> in <font color=red>BigCat High Impact</font color=red> modality:
    f,d/b+P+G,d -> HCB+P+G -> f,F -> u/f+K While your opponent mumbles and grumbles in bitter anguish after inputting u+P+G and d+P+G to escape the expected linked throw.
    <font color=white>OTFLB*</font color=white> combo:
    b+P,P -> d/b+K is a beautiful thing when you have Jacky against the wall. The kick up hits low and avoids many of Jerky Jack0's most favored responses to the Mantis back punch according to a recent poll conducted by Betty Crocker.
    <font color=white>*</font color=white>Oh that freek'n little bastard

15. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 Lion FAQ Meteor P?

The best times to use <font color=white>214P (d,db,b+P)</font color=white> Meteor Punch
    (imho)as a follow-up to a blocked move:
    3K->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    66K->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    3P->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    6PP->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    66P->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    43P->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    6K+G->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)->214P
    1K+G->(when your enemy successfully defends move...)-> G->214P
    a personal favorite:
    2+P+K+G for an instant roll into screen and 8+P+K+G -> 214P

Many thx to <font color=red>xaxak</font color=red> of No Mercy Seoul Chapter of The Brotherhood of Lion
    Updated w/ partial Ver. C movelist and Meteor follow-ups for experiment
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Meteor.html>http://www.geocities.com/nycat.geo/Meteor.html</a> <font color=black>(=*;*=)</font color=black>