1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 locations in SG

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by calfskin, Dec 10, 2001.

1. calfskin

calfskin New Member

Just wondering whether it will be useful to gather a list of VF4 locations in Singapore.

1) Bugis Junction (Basement)
    No. of machines: 2 (Small Screen)
    Rate: $0.50
    Squares: 2

2) Marina South (the one closer to Canto)
    No of machines: 2 ss
    Rate: $1.00

3) Marina Square Lvl 2
    No of machines: 2 ss
    Rate: $1.00

I'm sure there are more around SG. I've heard of one in AMK and another in Bedok & Parkway Parade. Anyone can contribute?

2. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

There is one at the basement of Orchard Point, 1 vs city machine. [Spotlight]

And there is one at Virtualand Clementi, used to be Wywy. It's large screen, but it is under repair now.

3. dafunshu

dafunshu New Member

Parklane (Basement) $0.50 (small screen)
    Few pple there.

The one in Bedok(Funland) is big screen but $1.00 per game.

Can't find one in Parkway Parade. Which arcade were you refering to?

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Ah-ha! The Orchard Point one sounds the closest to my home. How much? (Please please 50 cents...)

5. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the "boondocks" in the north. There is one ss vs in Bt Panjang Shopping Center, the one with the Lousy Road Transport station /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. Needs one-one dollar credit to play. Superfunworld cash card system.

There is one ss side-by-side in the Yishun 10 arcade. This one is one-50cent token to play.

6. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    There's one machine at AMK funland.Big screen.2 credits(AMK funland uses cards.)2 rounds

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

feii -- do you frequent AMK Funland? I think I might drop by a couple of times when I'm back in Singapore, since it's close to my home. We should meet up some time.

8. calfskin

calfskin New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

Not sure about the one at Parkway. It could be the arcade above the the old Denny's (its a coffeeshop now) near the old Republic cinemas. Anyone?

Hope to find more VF4 in the eastern side of SG ... ... ... :/

9. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    i stay in AMK man~i can be down anythime just pop me a call or sms.pvt u my number.

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm back! Looking forward to playing at AMK and Bugis later today (Saturday). Will try to contact Ice-9 and alantan to go play as well.

11. segaduck

segaduck Well-Known Member

Chris, I envy you that you can play VF4 in your hometown soon. Remember to record some competitive movies back here.

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Howard, hehe, don't you get to play VF4 in Taiwan too? =P

Had a great day of VF4 yesterday. Met up with a whole lot of old and new VF friends, there were 2 machines at the arcade, Vs City, nonstop challenges for 5 hours straight. Fun fun fun.

I'll see whether I can borrow my dad's DV cam and record some movies. I don't have a DV card or FireWire link, but I might be able to borrow a friend's PC to do that... just maybe... we'll see what happens!

13. Akora

Akora Active Member

FeiXaQ, how are you doing ? you seem to have been back to your home town.
    Btw, I post a reply to yours since you may remember me coz you once informed me where VF4 machines are in SGP before...
    Now I just arrived in SGP for biz trip tonight and think I'll have some time to learn from SGP VFers. 17th is your holiday, right?
    I'm staying around City Hall MRT station, let me know where I should go for VF (think i'm going to AMK tomorrow where I only know from your advice...)
    Where is the BUGIS by the way...????

14. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Since you are at Ctiy Hall, Bugis is just a station away if you take the eastbound train from City Hall station. Get out of the Bugis station and head to Parco Bugis Junction by making a right turn once you exit. Ride the escalator up and go pass the myriad of food. I know it is hard /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. Go up the escalator and make a right again. You will see a bubble tea outlet called The Rockery. There are escalators beside it. Go down and there is Bugis arcade.

Lots of challengers and fun today. Not sure about tomorrow but since it is a public holiday (end of Ramadan). There will definitely be players there!

15. Akora

Akora Active Member

Thanks, Genie47.
    I'll stop by the Bugis first around 12 pm.
    If you'll be there tomorrow also, come talk to me. (someone who looks like a Korean...-_- and I play Sarah only.)
    Thanks again.

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Akora, hey man, I would be delighted to meet up with you at Bugis today, maybe we could even have lunch together if you have the time? Always nice to meet up with people on the forum, particularly from all around the international scene. Definitely go to Bugis, that's the hot spot for VF4 (I've had nonstop challenges for 5 hours straight 2 days in a row), and it's like a reunion with old VFing friends for me, I know practically all the players since VF2/3. Fun fun fun.

Anyway, I'll try to be there right around lunchtime, and we can meet up. I'll wear a San Francisco cap just for ease of identification (and my real name's Chris, btw =). I think Ice-9 will be there too...

Take care, and looking forward to meeting up with ya!

17. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

wow...

Chris you are playing a LOT. I went back to arcade at 10pm yesterday and there was still people challenging :) played for a short while.

tempt me.... maybe I will drop by late evening if I can finish my work.

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Haha okay, I'll call you when I get to Bugis later today...