1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 machine at Port Authority in NYC.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Shag, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Leisuretime finally got in a VF4 cabinet.

Good news. Brand new screen. 50 cents a game.

Bad news. best of three vs. match. no stage select. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Sticks are not good. They stick to the diagonals. Buttons are lined horizontally.

Verdict. If you can't make it to Chinatown. Head here. Its still a better machine then the cabinets at Broadway City and Lazer Park

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

coool!!! finally!!! i am so there today!!!!!!! i'll be there today ! i will talk to them about horizontal buttons yack!

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I'm game.

4. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I saw you put your name on the machine already /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

But I'm #1 for the moment /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. Sudden_Death

hahah, you know i have to leave my mark at all vf machines :p. so you're #1 now eh.. hehe not for long...:p

anyway. BIG dissapointment from this machine there, the controls are THE worst i have ever played on, you just cant do shit on those sticks! on both of them. i couldn't even get kage's b+p for a while!! (ask pedro). of course i have to mention the freaking horizontal layout, damm it!!! could somebody tell them to put them just like the 2P side of the the soccer game virtua striker (the one that's on a vf3 cabinet) that would be perfect. the only good think about this machine is the GOD LIKE monitor, WOW soooo clean, sooo sharp. looks so much like a high res screen it might as well be high res after all.

damm it not even worth playing there, shame. but i'll go just to break some time records :p

6. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

we tried to stress to management the button layout is important... at least they got a great monitor. They will get the sticks fixed or replaced in the next two weeks. Now when we go to movies at Empire or AMC we get to play VF4 close-by. If only they could fix it so only Kage can not do b+P+G that would be great! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Sudden_Death

"They will get the sticks fixed or replaced in the next two weeks."

whoa! really? who did you talked about it? the manager? they actually said they will repair it!!? if so, tell them to put it exacly like i mentioned in my post (like the 2p side of the virtua striker machine)

8. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Did you beat my time after I left last night? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

And did you beat my streak against those two guys? LOL

9. Sudden_Death

yep, i beat your time /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

well, they didnt stayed for long, those guys...

ps. those sticks are baaaaaaaad

10. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

I had the displeasure of trying out those sticks, too. Now I've learned this game on a ps2 pad, so my stick skills suck to begin with, but I've played enough SF to know a really bad stick when I see one. Man... real shame, considering how good that monitor is. I just ended up watching the cvs2 games.