1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 makes Gamepro's April cover...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Zero-chan, Feb 19, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Gamefan talked out of its ass, ripped stuff from other mags and sites, and had an immature group of assholes for staff ... that's not to mention their little racist fuckup (who ended up getting promoted). I'm not sad to see it go.
    Really, I can't get into game magazines at all these days. I used to avidly hunt them down, but I think it's something you outgrow in your teens. Someday, you'll understand. There is no single magazine that will give correct and deep coverage to every game it claims to. Famitsu and Gamest in Japan did well with VF, but the US magazines are for shit. You can find more intelligent reviews and more accurate information online for free.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

on the subject of next gen - it was more professional than the rest, but I found from their reviews of the VF games that they didn't go any more in-depth than the other guys. However their editorials on the state of the industry, etc. were well-written and good reads. It was nice to see educated BS rather than uneducated BS.