1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Mechanics my prediction

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, Feb 6, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Okay heres my prediction for VF4...

New Movement. I think the 4 button setup will remain only the escape button will use the 8 way movement system similar to Namco games (Soul Cailbur) the difference is that you can attack and your attacks change on the fly according to where you are in the ring (similar to soul calibur but soul caliburs side attacks were slow and mostly consisted of jumping attacks, they didnt come out smoothly) Now side attacks are super smooth. You can cancel movement any time with CD for instance too, but blocking remains the same high, mid, low, regardless of whether your attacking from the side or not. Reverses and parries change if you reverse or parry a side attack.

Variable Throw Distances and recoveries, actually I think this will work just like escaping Akiras Spod, when you get thrown you can escape at some point in the throw to land on your feet giving you a 50/50 attack situation. Much like Spod Escape or D/F PG with Akira escape. I think the situation everyone thinks of is Giant Swing, imagine being able to hop on your feet, this is not exactly what I mean.

I also think game speed will change and possibly TB mode will be available off the bat. The games design will most likely be alot like namco games. I even think they will put in different forms of reversing minor reverse, and major reverse for almost all characters, Reverse that knocks you down and reverse that takes damage but keeps the character on their feet. Who knows...just my guesses....
    This is far from the VF4 that I thought of...I always figured it weould be like the Shenmue intro fight between Ryo's dad and the lau looking guy...

Dynamic Fighting angle thast changes as you attack..(close to a first person but totally controllable since its closer to 3/4 view and feels like a real fighting engine) and a two monitor setup for fights....

CrewNYC

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

is this post from andy or adam? andy i guess ('crewnyc'), but why don't you post under your own name? just asking

3. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Yeah kinda confusing at times,wouldn't it be funky if the escape button was on top of the joystick

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Yup this is andy, and cause I never registered with virtuafighter.com and I make most of the news posts and admin changes so I use adam's login.

CrewNYC

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>