1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 movelist updated

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry, as listed in other thread titled: "Thought on VF4 Pai and Aoi " sth like that, they mentioned alot and pls update the movelist with:

Aoi: THREE NEW throw found:
    1. f,b+P+G (not b,f+P+G)
    2. f,f+P+G
    3. f,d/f+P+G (Never heard of that!! brand new throw-entering type!!!)

If your side also have a machine, pls try and confirm...

thx...

btw, my name's Hugo,

say hello to you all.

2. Nicky Wan

Nicky Wan Member

Additions Jacky:

df+P+K (M)
    Stomach Punch (slow)

follow with P (H)
    Uppercut

With the revamped shin slicer, the followup (M-H) kick can be delayed since recovery is slowish i.e. useful for fooling human players if the shin kick is blocked.

Btw what is FC?

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

updated. FC = from crouch.

4. Mr. Bungle

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://virtuafighter.com/vf4_provisional_movelist.txt>http://virtuafighter.com/vf4_provisional_movelist.txt</A>

now in exciting and innovative fixed-width .txt file format!

keep checking the movelist for updates.

5. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Hey,

I tried quite a bit of the new stuff in the moves-list but they don't seem to work in the earlier version (for example, from pai's b+pkg stance only k+g and d+k work).

As Rich and I were discussing earlier, there may be a bit of confusion given the different versions...

-Jason

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Excellent job Rich.

I'm making this post sticky just so that it's easy to find for those looking for it. When VFDC is back in full force, it'll be available in the relevant movelist section.

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I've found some differences In your FAQ with regards to Sarah' kick Stance moves. In the version I play (Test version, Bayswater, UK) her K+G knocks the opponent down as well as takes her out of the stance so the following P+G you mention is impossible.You call the K+G a "Turning Kick" is that because she spins round like her u/d+P+K? In my version she does an Axe Kick with her lifted leg. The same goes for her final hit of the K,K,K+G (two kicks then a Dragon Cannon) variant that also knocks the opponent down making a throw impossible.

Unfortuneatley The df+P,K and her other new throw f,db+G+P don't seem to be in my version.

Is yours the finished version?

Adio.

8. Mr. Bungle

anything in quotes is text directly lifted off of the translated page. some descriptions were hard to make out so i just quoted what was said.

vf4 is not finished. the latest test version in japan is about month or so more recent than your version.

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Cheers.

Adio.

10. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Not much info on Shun this early in the game huh, too bad.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

11. Mr. Bungle

official (?) movelists at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gpara.com/special/soft/vf4/index.htm>http://www.gpara.com/special/soft/vf4/index.htm</A>

12. Mr. Bungle

some notes regarding the movelist for the final version:

barring typos, it appears some low punches hit H, while others hit L (but can be blocked standing).

there are a slew of ML/MLM type combos. however (and very fortunately) the vast majority of those L moves within these combos appear to be blockable while standing (blaarrgh - i need a new shorthand symbol for that. i elect "Lh" as the indicator for L moves that can be blocked while standing. any objections or suggestions?).

they've removes some moves, apparently. akira lost his new three hit combo (chew it, akira players). kage's handstand thingamabob is nowhere in sight. jacky's FC,df+P+G throw is gone. jeff's uf+P+G throw is gone. the weird "3 quarter" throw for wolf is gone, too.

sarah's stance is called the "flamingo stance".

lei and vanessa look amazing. both have a TON of moves, and for vanessa they're split almost 50/50 between two stances. lei is the same way, but his moves are spread over _three_ stances. will have to see how things pan out, but these characters look like lots of fun, challenging to the opponent and player.

ugh. babelfish crapped out.
    i'll reply with more later.

13. Mr. Bungle

Re: more info

again, barring typos on their part, and miscomprehension on my part:

to confirm what jason thought he saw in the test version - akira's db+P+G; b,d+P+G; and f,b+P+G can all MC strike attacks. no other character appears to have any throw that can MC attacks. not even the grapplers. feh.

kage has a mid level reversal, db+P+K. however, this is the same reversal animation as before, and the same limits - single fisted moves only. so to reverse akira's sgpm or lion's df+P, he has to do db+P+K. with wolf's vf3 b+P+K, it's the same - he has db+P+K to reverse M attacks like kage's heelkick and jacky's punt kick, and so on.

actually, this applies to everyone with reversals. ALL M moves must be reversed with db+P+K. so pai, akira, and aoi now have to do db+P+K to reverse single fisted and single legged M level attacks. speaking of pai, her f+P+K no longer works on elbows or single fisted M moves - she has to do df+P+K to inashi elbows and single fisted M moves. howeevverr...she can now inashi knees and mid kicks.

actually there seems to be one exception to the new reversal rules - aoi's kickflip reversal is still ub+P+K. however akira can use his db+P+K to reverse kickflips.

as with vf3's wall throws, there are now wall attacks - attacks that require you to be near and facing or up against a wall. all characters have at least one. most are done with x+P+K+G.

like aoi's yin-yang stance, jacky's sliding shuffle is canned after certain moves and canned combos, activated by just tapping b. PPEPK; Pcrescent; K+G; and f+PPK. another sort of odd thing with jacky is that almost all of his moves than end with a canned crescent, such as P+K,P,K; KPK; PPb+PK etc, have been changed; the crescent is now a TA attack.

jacky's auto-inashi is still in. vanessa also has an auto-reversal (standing, no G). jacky and sarah finally got face-up-head-toward low rising attacks.

jeff's P+E,P+E,P+E is now P+K,P,P. no new throws, though :( no new throws for pai, lau, or kage, either. also this is mentioned on the old provisional movelist but i'll say it again, kage can go to his Jumonji stance by continuing to hold down P after his f+P elbow, b+P and PPb+P.

lau's old three hit sidekick combo can now be done with just df+K,P,P. shun's chouwan- backfist is now done with just QCF+P,P, and his db+P can be blocked standing. lion's FC,df+P can be blocked while standing as well.

that's it for now...

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff, Rich!

15. Mr. Bungle

oop. as noted on the provisional movelist, jeff does have a new throw - P+G. the vf1/2/3 P+G is now df+P+G.

kage's vf3 BT u+P+G is now just P+G. his BT P+G,P is a canned mid level chop which will only come out if the P+G whiffs. also i'm not sure if his df+K+G leaves him back turned anymore, either.

lion has a multithrow of sorts. i don't know the details but it seems a little like akira's f,b+P+G.